Three Ways

Why Three Is Better Than Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three years since the day in the park when he first interacted with the duo and Jin is still as smitten now as he was then. The trio they have created is beyond the man’s wildest expectations. He still can’t believe he is a part of this family. But every day in three tiny ways both father and son let him how much they love him too.

Yoongi was four when Jin entered the picture, and the redhead was afraid that as he grows the youngster would lose his wonder, but Yoongi was still the same ball of sleepy looking energy. He still chased squirrels, and still had an affinity for metal objects, but had found a way to get his metal fix without attaching his tongue to the seesaw, thus incurring his father’s wrath. However, there are days that Jin does catch the child eyeing the toy with heart shaped stars in his eyes.

Jin had become Yoongi’s confidant, his comrade in arms so to speak. It could have something to do with the man’s almost motherly nature. But the way that Yoongi showed Jin his affection was to curl up in the man’s lap and regale him with stories about his day. Firing off question after question and listening intently to the man’s answer. Then he’d smile his adorable gummy smile; wrap his arms around Jin’s neck snuggle into the man’s chest and fall asleep.

It was their nightly routine. Jin made a special note to treasure this time because soon Yoongi will not be seven, so he’d be a teenager who wouldn’t want to snuggle and share his every thought. Jin bemoans how quickly the youngster had grown and changed in just three short years. He can’t imagine Yoongi at ten or thirteen.

As he stands washing the rice for tonight’s dinner, he smiles as he recalls a recent conversation during one of their bedtime moments. After telling Jin about his day and the girl in his class who keeps trying to kiss him, which the child finds in his words, “yucky”. He turns to the older man with a sheepish grin on his face.

“Uncle Jin, can I not eat salad with dinner anymore?”

“Mmmm, but the salad is good for you; it helps you to grow healthy and strong,” Jin says as he wipes a stray hair from the youngsters face.

“But daddy won’t let me eat dessert unless I finish my salad,” Yoongi says eyes squinted together as though trying to solve a complex math problem.

“Then eat your salad and you can have dessert.” Jin hopes he has solved the child’s dilemma.

He realizes he hasn’t when Yoongi exclaims.

“Salad is ruining my life!” The boy ducks his head in Jin’s chest and falls asleep with a pout on his face.

Yes, it is moments like these that lets Jin know he is loved.

He is laughing as he stands over the sink. His mind busily thinking about his adorable son, he didn't hear the front door open, nor did he hear the footsteps approaching him.

“What are you laughing to yourself about?” Namjoon’s deep voice draws him from his daydream.

“Nothing, just Yoongi, that kid is hilarious. I didn’t hear you come in.” He looks over his shoulder catching a glance of the blonde man as he rifles through the fridge.

“You must have been really lost in thought then. Smells delicious wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter