Three Times Jin Gets Sick (And The One Time He Goes To The Doctor)

Why Three Is Better Than Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time Jin felt sick, he woke up with a headache and back pain. He doesn’t normally get sick, and when he does, it doesn’t last for long. The pouty-lipped man is not overly worried about his health. He is, however, nervous about giving whatever bug he is currently fighting to his eight-year-old son (about to turn nine), who has a basketball tournament this weekend. Yoongi is the team captain, and can’t afford to miss the game.

Jin forces himself out of bed; he needs to make breakfast and pack Yoongi’s lunch for school.

“You look horrible,” Namjoon says to the redhead as he slogs into the kitchen.

“I feel it too, which is weird,” Jin says with a wince when a streak of pain tears through his back.

“You need to go back to bed,” Namjoon says, turning the man out of the kitchen and ushering him in the direction of the bedroom.

“But...but...what about breakfast, and Yoongi’s lunch?” Jin protests.

It’s his favorite part of the day, having breakfast with his guys and making lunch with Yoongi. Jin loves that the boy, although very much the typical teenager, still wants to spend time with him, and he hates missing time with his son.

“Yoongi and I can fend for ourselves for one day. Go to bed now, it’s an order,” Namjoon says as he places a kiss on Jin’s head, “I love you and need you to get better, so rest, okay?”

Jin smiles and nods.

The older man falls asleep the minute his head touches the pillow.

He wakes up some time later, to worried tones and hushed whispers.

Jin opens his eyes to see Yoongi standing over him, his eyes filled with concern.

“Appa, are you hurt anywhere? Do you want to throw-up? Are you hungry? Do you need to go to the doctor?” The boy is still the king of speed fire questions.

“Yoongi, why haven’t you left for school?” Jin asks.

“Appa, I already went to school, Daddy and I are both home now. It’s five in the evening.”

“What?” Jin sits up instantly, “Oh no, I slept the entire day?!”

The redhead sighs and moves to get up.

“No appa, stay in bed so you can get better,” Yoongi says, worry still tainting his tone.

Jin takes a moment to take stock of his current state. He feels better, and nothing hurts. 

He smiles at his son.

“Appa is fine Yoongi. I think I slept so much that the sickness got bored and left.” He smiles at the boy’s eye roll.

“Still, you should probably go to the doctor just to be on the safe side,” Yoongi says, still unsure of whether Jin should get up.

Jin stands up and pulls the boy into a tight hug.

“See, I'm fine, nothing hurts anymore. Not my head, and not my back, it's all good now. Instead of a doctor, let’s go out for pizza, I'm starving!”

“Yes! Pizza!” Yoongi does a fist pump, and Jin can’t help but laugh.

 

The second time Jin falls sick, they are having dinner with Jin's foster family. They are celebrating Jungkook's promotion to a firm in Germany. Jin is happy for his little brother, but he is going to miss the man dearly. Tears begin to well up in his eyes, for no real reason.

Jin doesn’t think much about his over sensitive emotions because Jungkook’s leaving is somewhat bittersweet. He tends to get a little emotional at goodbyes. Their mom makes all of Jungkook’s favorite food, which makes Jin happy because he and Jungkook happen to like the same things. But when Mrs. Jeon puts the Kimchi stew on the table, Jin has to excuse himself immediately.

The smell is nauseating, and the man can feel his stomach curling at the aroma. Jin finds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter