Las Vegas

The green dragon that I love

Jia POV

You got a call from a hospital in Las Vegas when you was eating your dinner. They told you that Henry got in a car incident and that he’s unconscious right now. Your parents couldn’t pick up their phone, because they are on the plane.

“I’ll be there as soon as possible. Please take care of him.” You said and you hung up.

You quickly abandoned your chocolate fountain and sushi and you ran up to your room to pack your stuffs. You was too busy with packing that you didn’t even know that Kris arrived at home.

“What are you doing?” you heard Kris said

“There is an emergency in Las Vegas. I need to go there right now. I don’t know when I’ll come back. I’ll call you when I arrived in Las Vegas.” you answered while you was packing your luggage.

“Is this your pretext to escape from our wedding?” Kris asked

You was really upset about what Kris said. He really didn’t have faith in you, but you didn’t have time to deal with him. You’re so worry about Henry.

“What are you talking about? I already told you. There is an emergency in Las Vegas. I’ll come back.” You said

You really couldn’t tell Kris that Henry got in a car incident. If you do, you know that you’ll burst out in tears and you don’t know when it’ll stop. You needed to leave as soon as possible.

“If you still want to marry me then let’s go together and get marry in Las Vegas.” Kris suggested

“What?! Are you crazy? Our family and friends won’t be happy about that. Kris, I really think you need to calm down. Let’s talk about the wedding after I’m back. I need to go now.” You said and you walked out of our room with your luggage.

You can’t take it anymore. if you stay longer in our room and talked with Kris, you think that you’ll burst out in tears. You can’t let that happen.

You could felt that Kris was following you.

“Let me bring you to the airport.” Kris said.

“I already called a cab.” You said and you walked out of the front door.

The cab was already there so you stepped in and told him to bring you to the airport.

You quickly went to the ticket service and booked a last minute ticket to Las Vegas. Luckily you only need to wait for 30 minutes so you quickly check in and went to the department gate.

 

You burst out in tears when you came to a rest on the plane. The passenger beside you got panic.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it, but I can’t hold my tears.” You said sobbing.

“Is there something?” the passenger beside me asked

“My brother got in a car incident in Las Vegas. I don’t know what the situation is right now.” You said

“Don’t worry. There are really good doctors in Las Vegas. He’ll be fine.” The passenger said and You nodded.

You couldn’t sleep the whole flight to Las Vegas. You was really worried about Henry and on the other side about what Kris said.

 

As soon as you could left the airport you hold a cab and went to the hospital.

“I’m a family member of Henry Li. I would like to know his situation and where about.” you said influent English.

“I’ll call his doctor for you. He’ll lead you to the patient and tell you about his situation.” The desk nurse said and you nodded.

After a while the doctor arrived.

“You’re a family member of Henry Li?” The doctor asked

“I’m his sister.” you said and the doctor nodded.

“Please follow me. I’ll lead you to him and tell you about his situation on the way.” The doctor said and he started to lead you to Henry’s room.

“Your brother got in a car incident. He broke his right leg and he was unconscious for two days, but he woke up in the morning today. We need to watch over him for the rest of the day. He can discharged tomorrow if everything is fine.” The doctor said

“That’s good to hear.” you said

 

You two arrived at Henry’s room and Henry was laying on his bed, but he was awake.

“Henry.” you said and you walked to him and hugged him.

“Sis, I’m still alive. You don’t have to act like that.” Henry joked and you let go.

“You need to be the one that don’t need to act like that. Do you know how worry I was?” you scolded him.

“I see you’re doing fine. You can discharged tomorrow if you keep this way. I’ll leave for now and check up on you later. Don’t forget to do some administrations also. The desk nurse of this department will help you” The doctor said and he left.

“Why are you here? Where is mom and dad?” Henry asked

“Mom and dad are in France right now. They were on the plane when you got in a car incident so they couldn’t contract them. So they called me.” You explained

“Oh, I forgot. They went for an important business trip in France.” Henry said

“I’ll call them later.” You said

“You just got off the plane?” Henry asked and you nodded.

“Do you have a place to stay?” Henry asked

“Not yet. I went here immediately when I got off the plane. My luggage is still here.” You said

“You need to find a place to stay quickly. It’s high season right now. It’s really difficult to find a place to stay. I got in a car incident before I got a hotel room. I think the hotel room it’s booked right now. Otherwise you could stay in my hotel room.” Henry suggested

“It’s okay. You don’t have to worry about that. I can find a place to stay.” You said

“You don’t have to stay with me. I can take care of myself. Go find a place to stay. I don’t want you to sleep on the street tonight. Don’t make your brother worry about you too.” Henry said and you nodded with a pout.

“First thing first. I’ll do the administration for you.” You said and you walked out of the room.

 

You went back to Henry’s room after you did the administration.

“Done?” Henry asked

“Done.” You said

“Go find a place now.” Henry ordered.

“Yes, boss, but I’ll bring you dinner. I know you won’t like to food here.” You said and you walked out of the room with your luggage.

You went in and out of some hotels, because almost every hotel was fully booked. You began to lose your hope.

“Do I really need to sleep on the street tonight?” You asked yourself.

You walked in the next hotel and you walked towards the service desk.

“Can I book a hotel room for tonight?” You asked

“Let me take a look.” The lady said.

“You’re lucky. We’ve one room empty.” The lady said

“I’ll take it then.” You said and the lady nodded.

You did the registration and the lady gave you the key. You plopped down on the bed when you arrived in your room.

“Finally. I don’t have to sleep on the streets tonight.” You said.