Chapter 5

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It almost 11 pm when Eun Hye heard the sound of Jong Kook motorcycle came in into the compound. Eun Hye just petrified herself on the bed when Jong Kook went inside their room, pretended to sleeping. Kim Jong Kook who thought his wife was sleeping, undressing himself for a quick shower.

And as usual after taking a shower, Jong Kook will sit quietly on his reading desk browsing his books for a while. Eun Hye realized, since their marriage Jong Kook never left his passion of reading before they go to sleep. Even in any circumstances, he never forgot his hobby.

After Jong Kook feels tired of reading, he then climbed onto the bed and laid his body beside Eun Hye. Jong Kook turns to faced his wife and start to caressing her hair. 

“Even you ignored me, hated me…. For me, you are still my wife.” Jong Kook whispered while caressing his wife. He then starts to sing as a lullaby for Eun Hye eventhough he knows she might not heard it.

Eun Hye, who just pretending to sleep, already familiar by his melodious voice. Morever, since she starts avoiding him, the more eminent of Jong Kook’s voice sang the lullaby. She finally fell asleep after a while her husband sang.

 

***

 

When she opened her eyes that morning, Eun Hye saw Jong Kook just finished his shower. After he finished wearing his clothes, Jong Kook came down from his room while carrying the backpack he always brings.

When the telephone rang beside her bed, Eun Hye lazily picked the receiver of the phone. Before she could speak, she heard Jong Kook voice who also picked up the phone in the living room.

“Hello…!”

“Hyung! Are you ready?”

Eun Hye knows the voice definitely belongs to Ha Dong Hoon. She’s quiet, hearing the conversation between those two men.

“I’m just starting to drink.” Jong kook replied, friendly.

“Are you finished soon? I’m waiting you here, at the office.”

“My wife was making me a tea… just wait there.”

Eun Hye who still eavesdropping, frowned. She confused why Jong Kook has to lie.

“Hahahaha… I guess she still loved you, yeh hyung?”

“Dangyunhaji… Which wife didn’t love her husband, Haha-ya..”

“Kure… Yah hyung! Does she know where you wanna go?”

  “Yah pabo! Michyeosseo?? Do yo wanna die?” shouted Jong Kook, slowly.

“Who knows.. People who falling in love, can easily uncovered their little secret.” Haha tease his hyung.

“Dong Hoon-na, I can still differentiate between secret and public. I don’t want her to involve in this matter. Later she will be upset.”

“I know it! You are crazy yet brilliant!” Haha sounded very happy.

“Eh.. Haha-ya.. I will see you at office. My wife calling me, my tea is ready. See you soon.”

Eun Hye became so confuse with Jong Kook act. Why must he lie, acting like he and she happy without any conflict. She carefully continue to eavesdropping their conversation which she didn’t understand a single meaning about it.

“Don’t forget to bring all documents. I want to ask you to check it back together before we left.”

Haha’s words washes off all Eun Hye early suspicion. At first, she thought Haha and Jong Kook were discussing to having an affair outside.

But when she heard the last request from Haha earlier, she realized they were really talking about their works. She wondered, Jong Kook just a clerk, what important works they did now?

“Arasso Haha-ya.. See you soon.. Annyongg….”

Eun Hye put back the receiver after the line disconnected. She then came down toward the kitchen. As she entered the kitchen, she pours her coffee into a mug and sat in front Jong Kook. She stared at Jong Kook face, but he ignored her gazed.

“Where are you going?” Eun Hye asked.

Jong Kook looked up facing her wife. Although her question a bit strict, but Jong Kook felt Eun Hye are interested to know his movement after a while both of them ignoring each other.

“Outstation.” replied Jong Kook, calmly.

Eun Hye looked straight at Jong Kook face, frowning. “You just a damn clerk, why have you go outstation? What, did your company didn’t had a better employee, until they are forced to send a damn clerk to go outstation?”

Jong Kook face stayed calm although h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter