Chapter 15

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook awake precisely at 6 am that morning after sleeping only about 4 hours. He really didn’t able to sleep that night. He kept recalling the moment and enjoyment between him and Ji Hyo. Yes. Like a crazy man, he kept smiling for the rest of the night. And yes, he stills smiling this morning right after he woke up from his sleep.

He sat at his bed facing the room’s window, enjoying the Saturday sunlight which slowly appears entering his room. Everything seems good that morning, the feelings, his body and most important his mood. Jong Kook surely woke up in happiness which is shown on his face.

“Ahh… What a nice day… I can’t wait to meet my angel” Jong Kook mumbles alone, excited.

After stretching a bit, Jong Kook stands up from his bed and walk to his bathroom for a quick wash. He came out after 5 minutes and changes his attires to sport wear. Grabbing his mobile, he then walks out from his room toward his kitchen. Taking a simple breakfast with an apple, Jong Kook decided to do some exercise outside instead in his mini gym. 

He browsing his mobile, finding Haha’s name and give him a call before he going out for exercise.

“Haha-ya… Where are you?”

“Yeh hyung…. I’m home, wae yo?” Haha replies with his sleepy voice at the end of the line.

“Hmm… I want to ask you something. Do we have training today?” asks Jong Kook regarding their rugby training.

“Yes we do… Yaa hyung, cannot resist huh? Hahahaha…. Be patience… It still early in the morning”

Kim Jong Kook stays soundless, feeling ashamed. He just chuckles, replying Haha’s statement.

“Annyonghaseyooooo….. Is Kim Jong Kook there?” Haha asks, teasingly.

“Yah.. Yah! Wah…. Now you really love to tease me huh?”

Ha Dong Hoon laughs heartily, enjoying the teasing. “Relax hyung…. You will get wrinkles if you continuously mad.”

“Hahahaha… Arasso… See ya later kiddo!”

“Neh hyung…. Don’t forget to bring your ‘girlfriend’…Hahahahaha..”

Haha laughs heartily before he ends the call. Kim Jong Kook just chuckles with his dongsaeng behavior, happiness was pictured on his face.

Wearing his sport shoe, he began to jog toward the park near his apartment for his usual routine after locking the door. And surprisingly, Jong Kook greets each person he meets on his way toward the park. A very odd thing he does early in the morning.

Kim Jong Kook seems too happy, with his bright smile on his face. Wearing his earphone and covering his head with the hoodies, he jogs slowly on the side of the road. Still, people can tell he had a good morning by looking at his bright face. 

Suddenly…. 

“Ssskkkrreettttttttccchhhhhhhh!!!!!!!”

Kim Jong Kook only sees a set of light from his side followed by a woman voice. Everything happens in a blink of an eye.

Kim Jong Kook can hear the voice but he can’t react to it as his body feels heavy and his sight began to disappear. He can feel blood streams down slowly from the small cut on his head.

“Oppa…..” The voice once again calls him. The owner of the voice appears in front of him. He tries to touch the face, but he can’t.

 And that the last thing he see before he faint.

 

 

***

 

 

Song Ji Hyo woke up early that morning with a cheerful face, reminiscing her moment together with Kim Jong Kook. Unknown for her, her feelings and moods that day were 100% same like Jong Kook’s. Some people may say that Ji Hyo seems like someone in love, and yet that the truth. She truly in love…. In love with Kim Jong Kook.

It was very rare for her to wake up early on her day off. With a bloated yet beautiful pale face, Ji Hyo walks to her bathroom for refresh herself. After finishing her routine, she came out from her room and walk toward the kitchen. She decided to make a special breakfast for her mother, not for any special occasion, she just feels like to pamper her mother with love.

She sat at the barstool, planning the menu of the breakfast. Looking around the kitchen which still dark with a bit of sunlight came in from the window, she can feel the peaceful of morning breeze. Since it still 6 early in the morning, she decided to do a morning walk toward her favorite 24-hours café for a shot of Americano, her source of energy.

Grabbing her sweater and purse, she walks toward the café after locking the door, leaving her mother who was sleeping peacefully inside her room. The moment she came out from her apartment building, the coldness of the morning breeze start to biting her bone.

“Ommo… It’s cold…” mumbles Ji Hyo, shivering.

Hugging and rubbing herself to maintain her body temperature with a vapor came out from due to the cold, Ji Hyo walks slowly toward the café which is about hundred meters across her home. After a few minutes walking, she finally reaches the café with her shivering body.

Upon her arrival, the waiter inside the café who already knows her spoke;

“Annyonghaseyo Ji Hyo unnie….” greets the female barista to Ji Hyo.

“Ahh… Annyong….. Lizzy ya… Like usual yeh?” says Ji Hyo while smiling to the girl.

“Okay unnie…. Anything else you want to add?” Lizzy asks Ji Hyo.

“Anii…. I’ll make my own breakfast later..” replies Ji Hyo as she continues “Make it hot Lizzy ya… It was very cold outside.”

“Kure…. One Americano coming right up!!” says Lizzy in cheer.

Ji Hyo chuckles with Lizzy action. ‘She seems very active for a night worker.’ Ji Hyo says in silence. She then sat at the bench near the counter while browsing her mobile, looking through Jong Kook picture that she snapped secretly.

She smiles when she scrolls at the picture when Jong Kook playing rugby, his enthusiastic face and his well-built body. Ji Hyo giggles when she reminiscing the moment.

“Yahh unnie…. I’ve never seen you like this before. What with that smile? Are you in love?” Lizzy suddenly asks when she sees Ji Hyo smiling alone like a pabo.

Song Ji Hyo startles when Lizzy suddenly stands in front her with her Americano in Lizzy’s hand, asking the golden question.

“Anii…. Nothing.” Ji Hyo blurts out her answer with her cockle smile.

“Haa…. There must be someone right? Who is it, unnie? Is he handsome? How do you meet him? Is he a doctor too? What his name?” Lizzy shots her question to Ji Hyo excitingly.

“Yah yah!! One in a time….” Ji Hyo chuckles while shaking her head, feeling funny with Lizzy’s action who asking her like a machine guns.

“Ahh unnie…. Tell me, please…” Lizzy begs while sits closely to Ji Hyo and hugging Ji Hyo’s arm after she gave the cup to Ji Hyo.

“Hehehe… He just a friend, Lizzy ya… To be exact…. He’s my crush” Ji Hyo says the last word in whispers.

Lizzy screams lightly in excited with Ji Hyo feeling shy until her white pale cheeks turns to crimson red.

“Wahhh…. Unnie! I don’t know you had a crush.. Why you didn’t tell me?”

“Kekekeke…. You never ask…”

“Unnie…. I thought you a loner.. Hahaha”

“Yaishhh…. This girl! I also had my own need, okay.” Ji Hyo pinch slowly Lizzy ears.

“Ahh unnie…. Mianhe.. Kekeke… But unnie…. Seriously I didn’t ever see you like this before. Your face so glittering..”

Ji Hyo smiles sweetly to Lizzy. She didn’t say a word. Only her action shows that she agreed with Lizzy statement.

“He must be so kind, right unnie? I know that is one of your ideal characteristic. Tell me more about him, unnie…”

Ji Hyo chuckles as she speaks; “You always know what to say, Lizzy ya… But I’ll tell you later okay. Right now, I have to go home to make my mom breakfast..” 

Song Ji Hyo stands up after she ends her word. She then walks leaving the café after saying a goodbye to Lizzy.

She walks slowly as the coldness of the weather biting her bone while sipping her Americano to gain some heat. Her eyes wondering the morning scene in front of her, enjoying the moment as suddenly her eyes fix towards one man across the street.

From the silhouette of the man, his well-built body, Ji Hyo can surely know the man identity.

“What a luck… Jong Kook oppa.” Ji Hyo mumbles happily as she finally can see the man face.

She jogs slowly toward Kim Jong Kook in cheers. When she about to greet the man who about to crossing the street, suddenly she can see a pair of light from his right followed by the braking sound of the tires. Everything happens in a blink of an eye.

“Skkrrreeeetttttttttchhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!”

  “ANDWAEEE!!!!” Ji Hyo screams loudly as she can see the car slamming Jong Kook body. Leave behind her Americano, Ji Hyo run toward Kim Jong Kook with her tears start to falling down. As she arrives at the scene, Ji Hyo can see the blood flowing down from the wound on his head.

She pulls up slowly Jong Kook’s head and places it on her lap. With her hand caress his hair, Ji Hyo stares at Jong Kook’s eye which began to close slowly.

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo calls Jong Kook who began to lose his consciousness.

“Oppa…. Wake up… Jong Kook oppa….” Ji Hyo pats slowly Jong Kook’s cheeks. Her tears streams down as she didn’t get any reaction from the man.

“Hhh.. Helpp.. Help me…” Ji Hyo begs for help in her sobs. She continues to caress Jong Kook’s face as her lips keeps pledging for help.

“Oppa….. Don’t leave me……”

 

 

 

***

 

 

Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter