Chapter 22

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A chirping sound of beautiful bird can be heard, visiting her in the morning. A soft comforting grass softly pleasuring her body. Ji Hyo opens her eyes slowly just to see a beautiful scenery in front of her. The flower moves slowly as it waving her. A sound of leaves rustling as it greets her. She wake up to found herself at unknown place. It feels so weird and scary but in the same time feels assured and comforted.

She got up and walks alone inside the beautiful garden. She tries to find Jong Kook but he’s nowhere to be seen. She tries to shouts his name, but nothing came out from her lips. It’s so peaceful, with the sun shines its light brightening all around the garden. Still, the wind is so cold as cold as it biting her bone.

She walks to the end of the garden where she can find one big tree with lots of apple grows on it. Slowly she walks toward the tree at the same time mesmerizing God’s creation where she found a piece of old paper with a leather pen on side of it. She takes the paper up, followed by a rustles of the tree like the tree cheering her as she takes it.

She reads the word written on the paper slowly as it sound more like a poem;

                “Blood are red,

                 So does your heart,

                 Use your head,

                 Now play your part…?”

 

Song Ji Hyo finds the poem a bit annoying. She wants to shreds it into pieces but somehow the paper ruffles as it want her to replies its riddle. She takes the leather pen and writes below of the poem;

                “I’m searching my man,

                 His name is Kim Jong Kook,

                 My heart is his as I’m his woman,

                 I must find him, by hook or by crook.”

 

As she finishes her answer, the paper flew away from her hand as it followed by a weird weather. The sky turns black, the lightning strikes and the rain starts to heavily pours down to earth. The wind blew hard, makes the tree shakes crazily, make the leaves to fall down. She feels so shocked with the sudden changes. She keeps closer to the tree, almost hug it to make it as a shelter from the heavy rain and thunder.

The moment she close her ears from the loud thunder, the rain stops. The surrounding turns so black, dark and cold. She closes her eyes to ease herself from the nightmare as she can also heard a weird sound like a beast breath and a teeth clenching. A light suddenly rays down from the sky revealing a man in front of her. With his small eyes and cheeky smile, Ji Hyo knew, he was her man.

                “Oppa…” Ji Hyo says, try to reach his hand.

The moment she raise her hand, one voice shouts from behind her man.

                “DIE!!!!!”

The scream followed by a loud bang.

Kim Jong Kook just got shot in front of her own eyes!

A blood traces start to appear on his chest. A tear start to pour down from her eyes. The man fell down on his knees, but his face didn’t show any reaction. Just smile on his face, and followed by an apology;

                “Mianhee…. Ji Hyo ya..”

The light starts to fade away with the darkness consume his body. She cries like there is no tomorrow. She tries to reach his body, but once again, he is nowhere to be found.

                “Oppaa…. K-kajima….” She said in her cries.

Suddenly, one rough voice whispers slowly at her ears.

                “Don’t cry…..”

Her cries stop immediately. She turns her head right and left, searching the source. And to make it creepy, she can feels the wind blew soft all over her body, feels like it kissing her skin and her blood out. She cannot move her body. The feels start to reach up from his toe toward her head.

And suddenly the sensation stops at her neck. It feels more clearly like the blood is rushing out from her neck as she can feel the hard sensation there.

                “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh……..” Ji Hyo shouts slowly and opens her eyes wide!

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Kim Jong Kook opens his eyes slowly that morning. He wakes up due a slow movement on his body when Ji Hyo tightening her hugs. He smiles brightly as he enjoys her warm body inside his embrace. He softly her hair and he sweeps slowly her soft milky skin. He then kisses her forehead softly and lovingly.

 Ji Hyo suddenly releases her hugs and moves her back toward Jong Kook, signaling him to spoon her. Jong Kook takes it as an opportunity to place his mark on her as revenge due her mark night before.

With his body closing in her, Jong Kook softly begin to kiss her hair down to her ear and finally her neck.

                “Oppa….”

Jong Kook a bit shock with the sudden voice from Ji Hyo as he was sure that Ji Hyo was in her deep sleep. He stops his action and checks her condition. And yet another voice came out.

                “Oppa…. Kajima….”

She said it in her sobs which worried Jong Kook a bit. “Ji Hyo ya….” Jong Kook asks. “Hmm…. Are you dreaming dear? Or are you sleep-talking?”

When he didn’t receive any response, he softly her hair, comforting her as he blows his breath to cool her neck. “I am here babe….”

He pecks her bare neck with kisses which lead to a very passionate kiss. He cannot control himself due to Ji Hyo seductive scent. He it hard, taste her milky skin and her body taste. In his mind, she gonna freak out when she discover the mark on her neck.

But all of that seems pointless when suddenly Ji Hyo opens her eyes and quickly smack his head hard which still on her neck.

                “Urghhh…” Jong Kook releases the kiss and withstands the pain he just receive.

 

Ji Hyo on the other side seems clueless with all the things happen. She just woke up and felt a bit pain on her neck which leads her to smack the cause of her pain with her knuckle. She immediately turns from the spoon position to faces Jong Kook.

                “O-oppa??” Ji Hyo asks blankly.

All she can see was Jong Kook who curls his body with both of his hand covering his head, try to ease the pain.

                “Oppa…. Waeyo? G-gwenchana?” asks Ji Hyo clueless.

                “Am I a mosquito, Ji Hyo ya?” Jong Kook said, a bit irritate.

                “Well.. You sound like one. Anii.. What happen really?”

                “Nothing…. Just nothing..”

Jong Kook quickly get off from his bed and walks toward his bathroom. He still sweeping his head that Ji Hyo hit earlier.  Ji Hyo just eyes his movement without saying any word. Nothing pictured on her face, only a blank stares.

                “It’s almost 7, babe. I have to go to work.” Tell Jong Kook from inside of the bathroom. “Mind to join me?”

                “Yahhh! ert.” Shouts Ji Hyo although she’s smiling.

                “Yahhh… You the one are ert. I just want you to refresh yourself, brush your teeth, make the sleep out of you… and just then we can continue whatever you want to do.” Jong Kook replies with his head peeping out. He smirked naughtily.

Ji Hyo laughs softly while attempting to throw a pillow toward her man. “Pabo..” Yet still, she got off from the bed and walks slowly, joining him inside the bathroom. Jong Kook just smile, seductively. “We gonna have some fun.”

“You gonna regret this.” Ji Hyo said with her evil voice. She came in and locks the door.

“No… I am gonna enjoy this.” Jong Kook ends his remarks.

Singing can be heard, laugh completely fills the tiny space. A moment of silence, continue by a . Long and satisfying moaned. A lot of fun indeed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Kim Jong Kook quickly opens the door. All eyes inside the office monitor him for his little ruckus. He just bows politely and walks to his office. He close slowly the door as he heard one voice “You are late Jong Kook ah..”

 

Kim Jong Kook immediately stands straight, looking at the source of the voice.

“I am very sorry, General. Something came up this morning.” He clears.

“Is it something or someone?”

Jong Kook eyes round a bit after he heard that. But still he maintains his composure and slowly replies; “Anii… There is nothing… One thing.. Eh.. SOMETHING..”

“You know you can’t lie to me right, Jong Kook ah??”

“….Yes, General..”

“Cut it out, don’t use honorifics. Its only you and me right now.”

“Neh ahjussi..” Jong Kook says kiddingly.

“YAHH!” He shouts while throwing pillow towards Jong Kook. “You really know how to trigger my anger, huh??”

Kim Jong Kook just laughs with his superior remarks.

“Bull… Faster, we got meeting. There’s new info I want to discuss. Kajaa…” The General gets up and walks toward the door.

“Yes sir.” Jong Kook says firmly.

“And cover that hickey… You look stupid…. Stupidly in love by that…” The General ends his remark sarcastically.

He shyly cover the red spot on his neck, forgot about it for a moment. Plaster his hickey with brown skin tone band aid, he quickly bring all the file related to the case and walks toward meeting room. He enters the room, take his seat beside the General and confidently says;

“Alright… Lets start the meeting..!”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

At work, Ji Hyo still like usual. Her face glows with happiness, diligently doing her jobs and tasks. Looking her white neck, visible a few red spot, hickey from Jong Kook from their intimate moment in the bathroom. She feels shy about it as she being tease by her staff and friends.

                “Doc, are you sleeping in jungle or what? There is so many ‘mosquito’ bite on your neck…” One of the nurse teases.

                “Yahh… that’s not a mosquito bite. That’s vampire bite…” The other nurse gang up to teasing her head surgeon.

                “Yahhh…. You guys didn’t have anything else to do?? Go check the patient!” Ji Hyo says with her smiles, feeling shy with their teasing.

                “Chukahae, uisaaaa…..” Both of the nurse happily says before runs away like a little kid.

 

Yoon Eun Hye eyes the situation not far from them, hiding like a stupid stalker. She feels weirdly sad with their conversation. She didn’t know why. She feels so confuse. She walks away from the spot quickly before Ji Hyo can see her.

 

Yoon Eun Hye begins to feel stress and depress with Ji Hyo’s casual attitude. Still picture in her eyes,the closeness, romance and warmth of Ji Hyo’s attitude toward Jong Kook.

She didn’t know what that exact feeling that crams in her heart at the moment she sees intimacy of Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. That weird and strange feeling was so strong that it consumed her heart.

Yoon Eun Hye starts to become an observer. Every evening, she will stand from afar, eyeing and observing Song Ji Hyo, who standing at the middle of the field wearing Jong Kook jersey which already being altered and modified according to the size and shape of her perfect hourglass body.

Behind the jersey, the name and team number of Jong Kook are still clearly visible. Song Ji Hyo looks proud to wear his jersey.

 

Song Ji Hyo can be seen with the big build coach, collaborating, reprimanding, directing and showing the players the right way to play. Yoon Eun Hye also realizes all of the player looks so satisfy and ease with Ji Hyo’s presence. Ji Hyo seems like a pride of them. They seem to be doing exactly what Ji Hyo has pointed out, earnestly.

Every time they take a quick rest, she can see Ji Hyo playful attitude and closeness with Kim Jong Kook. They talk, laugh, teasing each other, even sharing a drink from a same cup.

Strange wind strongly blows, invading her heart. Her chest fluttered and throbbed violently as she saw Ji Hyo running, circling around a couple of men with her happy shout and giggle while being chase by Jong Kook as they joking.

Yoon Eun Hye didn’t know where she should complain, confide her feeling. Her feeling begin to depress. Want to complain to Ji Hyo like she usually do, she know it fruitless as she the cause of it. She also didn’t dare to complain to Ji Hoon about the feeling that engulfed her. Eun Hye realized that she begin to get hurt with the situation as she also aware that Song Ji Hyo tries to make her suffer.

 

 

One day, while she and Ji Hoon having a leisure seat in the hospital café, Ji Hyo can be seen walking towards them with a sweet happy smile on her face. Yoon Eun Hye sees that smile of Ji Hyo like a mock to her.

                “Hey Eun Hye yaa.. Ji Hoon! Here you guys are…I’ve been searching you guys for ages.” Calls Ji Hyo with her cheerful voice.

                “Wae yo noonim..? Ji Hoon quickly asks in his question. He guessing there must be something important Ji Hyo wants to deliver at them.

                “This evening… you all have free time??” asks Ji Hyo, and sit at the empty chair opposite of Eun Hye.

                “I… didn’t have any program or activity this evening.” Eun Hye confirms.

                “Me too… I am free… But… Why is it, Ji Hyo noonim?” Ji Hoon stares weirdly at Ji Hyo.

                “This evening… My team..” Ji Hyo words stop when Ji Hoon interfere.

                “Your team..?” Ji Hoon voice out, pretend to be shock for amusement.

                “Yahh you… Don’t disturb me..” Ji Hyo gives her soft gesture toward Ji Hoon.

Eun Hye face change when she that. Ji Hyo aware of it but pretends not to see her face changes.

                “My boyfriend teams have a match today, you know!? Today is final. They’ll fight against KAFAC (Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps).”

                “Aiyyy…. KAFAC is strong team. That’s a club from division one of Korean Rugby if I not mistaken.” Says Ji Hoon with his forehead wrinkled.

Song Ji Hyo nods agreeing, again with her cheerful smile.

                “Yupp… This evening is the final. We will face the KAFAC team. I want to invite you guys to watch them. That… only if you both willing to watch.”

Yoon Eun Hye can feel Ji Hyo words are sarcastically slander her. Still, she tries hard to control her face from changing.

                “If you want to know, I am the one who train them, my boyfriend’s team.” Says Ji Hyo proudly.

Ji Hoon let his loud laugh out. Her eyebrows wrinkled when she get that reaction from Ji Hoon.

                “This is great! Really really great! KURE..! I and Eun Hye will definitely come. We want to see your boy team getting plunger hard like trash.”

                “Eiiyyy…. Pehleaseeee. Watch who you talking too. My boyfriend is strong. He will be picked as MVP this time. And as information for your reckless head, he now is the top scorer of the tournament. So we will definitely win this.”

Yoon Eun Hye heard Ji Hyo’s compliments for Jong Kook with heart full of jealousy. It really hurt when she hears how Ji Hyo praises her boyfriend.

Song Ji Hyo knows exactly what begin to nesting in Eun Hye’s heart. She slowly feels happy that she can hurt her heart.

                “Gwenchana…. It’s okay… We will see it sooner or later. We’ll see this evening, how bad your team was..” says Ji Hoon in his laugh.

 

 

 

That evening, what Ji Hoon wishes to see doesn’t come true. Jong Kook team definitely the strongest team that day. All the tactics and skills that being direct and show by Ji Hyo, they practice it on the field.

KAFAC team cannot believe their eyes, Jong Kook teams that they once crush down into pulp now turns into giant. They feel like facing a team of professionals with a world-class skills, and lost with a score of 105 – 0 (15 tries). A very humiliating defeat. And to make it worse, the tactical coach of Jong Kook team is a woman. What a shame for them.

 

Ji Hoon himself really impressed with the gameplay of Jong Kook’s team. KAFAC team seems to be very much enslaved by Jong Kook and his friends. He shakes his head, disbelieve.

Song Ji Hyo can be seen jumps and dances happily at the bench, celebrating her team’s championship.

There is a soft shout in her heart as she looks Ji Hyo to be honored to lift the winning trophy. Even more sad and heart ache, she can see Jong Kook wears the winning medal around Ji Hyo necks, in very friendly manner before he steal a kiss on Ji Hyo’s lips.

Jong Kook actions then been followed by the others. Ji Hyo necks now full with winning medal of her team. She now can see how Jong Kook lifts Ji Hyo on his shoulder, treating her like a winning trophy itself.

Yoon Eun Hye stares sadly with her eyes b with tears as Jong Kook teams gather around with Ji Hyo lays proudly on his chest for a memorable picture of the team. Jong Kook’s firm link around Ji Hyo’s waist brings sadness and regret in her heart.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

                “That’s so great on how you build your team huh!” says Yoon Eun Hye sarcastically toward Ji Hyo after they done with a surgery.

                “It’s not that hard, Eun Hye yaa… We need to understand them, dives into their heart… and just then, and only then we can evaluate them.” Ji Hyo replies, impassively walks away.

Eun Hye can senses the spiciness and poisonous of Ji Hyo’s word. It hurtfully pierces her heart but she can’t do anything about it.

After packing her stuff, Yoon Eun Hye drives her blue BMW toward Ji Hoon’s apartment. With the key she had, Eun Hye goes inside the apartment.

Her handbag fell from her hand when Ji Hoon’s bedroom door suddenly opens. Ji Hoon looks calmly at her while a woman behind him seems genuinely surprise by her presence. She tries to cover her body using Ji Hoon as a shield.

                “I thought you not coming today.”

Ji Hoon voice sound restful but to her ears, it sound like a thunder. She immediately walks out from his apartment.

For a few days, she didn’t greet or even talk to him. Ji Hoon on the other hand, didn’t do anything and act like usual. He never tries to persuade her.

 

Ji Hyo’s word before began to come true. Each of her word lingers inside her head.

Eun Hye’s heart now got press hardly by regrets. For a few days, Eun Hye seems to lose her mood. She becomes so quiet and didn’t talk much like usual.

 Song Ji Hyo aware with her changes. She didn’t try to ask, instead she feels enjoy with it as she can see Eun Hye badly feeling beaten up. She feels a bit pity, but that the consequence of betrayal. Her heart jumps in joy watching her suffer.

 

 

To comfort her lonely heart, Yoon Eun Hye often goes out for a stroll in the mall. That way, she feels she can easily ignores and forget for a while, things that upsetting her heart.

One day, while her strolls around the mall, treating her eyes with window shopping, her step stops when she suddenly see one man looking at shoes in a rather exclusive shoe store. Her eyes fix on the man. Her heart is beating fast. There’s one soft feeling begin to tease inside her heart that moment. Her chest suddenly felt like a loud crack.

That man looks kindly smiling at the salesperson who came to help him. All of sudden, she misses him. Miss him terribly. She seen the smile engraved on the man’s lips with a tender feeling. That smile, who once belongs to her. The smiles the she wasted it.

Eun Hye walks toward the shoe store. Not once Jong Kook’s face changes when she sit at the stool in front of him, pretends to try the heel she pick on the display. Not even a bit of changes. He tries the shoes that being brought by the salesperson as if he didn’t even recognize or knows Eun Hye.

After being satisfy with the shoe he tried, he paid the price for the shoe at the counter, then walks away from the store, pass her without looking a bit at Eun Hye.

Yoon Eun Hye didn’t understand. Did he hate her so much? Why Jong Kook didn’t greet her? Or at least, why didn’t he give her even a smile?

She feels so confuse. She really is. She knows she didn’t have any right to voice it out anymore. But Jong Kook attitude just now as if she never been recognize or exist in his life.

Eun Hye walks out to the parking lot. She can only stand still when black Porsche 920 Turbo drive by Jong Kook glide out from that lot.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Choi Jin Hyuk, a young man who always proud with his skills and intelligence, stand stiff like a mannequin in front of the door of a restaurant-like-cafe. Only his eyeballs move, watches from table to table, and finally stop at a man sitting by the window.

The head of the café’s waitress walks fast toward him, to inform about lack of empty seats that evening. If there are any empty seats, the management of the restaurant usually didn’t have any interest to treat customers who come alone like Choi Jin Hyuk because it was considered a waste of space or seats.

While the chief waiter not yet reaches him, Ji Hyuk places the package he brought on the floor and kick it to slide toward the table beside the window. Then he turns away and walks quickly, leaving the restaurant.

The chief waiter scratch his head, astonished with Jin Hyuk action. He turns and walks to get the package that being left by Choi Jin Hyuk.

 

 

The news on television that night reported on the accident that occurred at Meerkat Friends, a popular restaurant at Mapo-gu, Seoul. A bomb, believed to be a homemade bomb, exploded in the restaurant, killing 13 people and injuring 25 others. Police are investigating some of the information obtained about the incident from the crime scene and witness. They also refuse to deny the possibility that the crime had something to do with international terrorism that has blown up several public places around the globe.

                “Cehh… What a liar.” Jin Hyuk curses while getting up and close the tv.

                “Didn’t I told you not to use any explosive anymore?” says the beautiful petite woman, eyeing Jin Hyuk movement.

                “Nonsense… For grand opening, we should make a bigger explosion. This is nothing..”

                “YAHH! Who is the boss right now? You or me??” asks Kim Go Eun, angrily.

                “You are the boss….” Jin Hyuk says annoyingly.

                “Then you should follow my lead! And where the hell you want to go, huh?”

Choi Jin Hyuk walks out from their hideout without answering. “Yeah… You are the boss… Before.. Now it’s my time to turn this around.” Jin Hyuk whispers with his cynical smile.

 

 

 

Kim Jong Kook makes three calls, one by one, by priority. First call goes to The General.

                “Annyonghaseyo sir…You watch the news just now?”

                “Yes I watch it. I already know about it.” The general says softly. He knew he will get the call sooner or later.

                “Any information about it, sir?” Jong Kook asks.

                “Yeah.. But I don’t think we should talk about this here.”

                “Then I think we need to conduct emergency meeting.”

                “I know… Get ready for calls, Jong Kook ah... and be patience…” The general answers. He already knew all about the bombing at Meerkat Friends. He, himself have already take an action on the matter, organize meetings with his division and direct his people to find out about the incident. He wipes his tears, and ends the call. He knew something that Jong Kook didn’t know… yet.

Kim Jong Kook looks at his mobile intensely. He knew his General hides something from him. From his tones of voice, he knew something gone wrong. He then makes the second call, to Ha Dong Hoon.

                “Hello.. Haha ya..”

                “Neh hyungnim..”

                “Any progress about her?” asks Jong Kook, referring Kim Go Eun as her.

                “Nn… No hyung..” Haha answer in stutter.

                “Don’t lie…” Jong Kook can sense that Haha try to lie. He knows Haha for a long time. He knows his habit.

                “Hmm… Hyung…” Haha sighs in his silence. “Most likely, the bombing incident at Mapo-gu was Jin Hyuk’s. I still investigate about the victim that died there.”

                “Wae?”

                “Because if it is really Jin Hyuk doing, I believe his target is something related to us. There’s no way he blindly attack civilian.”

                “Hmm…. I agree. Tomorrow first thing, we’ll gonna have a flash meeting. Tell everyone. And make sure all of them there.” Jong Kook gives his order.

                “Yes sir!”

 

Jong Kook stares at the ceiling after he ends the call. “Ahh what a headache” he mumbles. He feels like they all met a dead end. There’s too few evidence. He closes his eyes, try to think. All of sudden, her face passed through his mind.

Song Ji Hyo. He misses her. What she doing right now?

He opens his eyes and dials his third call.

                “Hey love… What are you doing?”

                “I’m driving right now oppa.” Ji Hyo voice can be heard, answering his question.

                “Ohh… You just got back from work? Hmm… I’ll call you later then.”

                “Anii.. I’m on my way back from sending omoenim at samchon house. But…”

                “But??” Jong Kook asks weirdly.

                “Oppa… I miss you..”

Jong Kook smiles when he heard that word. She surely is unpredictable.

                “I miss you too, Ji Hyo ya…”

                “…Hmm… Oppa can I go to your heart instead? I am afraid to sleep alone tonight.” Ji Hyo asks.

His smile widened. “Of course love. It’s yours all the time…”

                “YEAHHH I LOVE YOU JAGIYAAA”

                “Hahahaha… I love you too yeobo. Now drive safe. I’ll wait you, okay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter