Chapter 12

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Chief Supritendant General of KNPA (Korean National Police Agency), CSG Yoo Jae Suk sat in front of Song Ji Hyo and her mother, Miss Song Ok-sook. He can feel the tense air around him as he looks at them. From his view, he can see Ji Hyo’s face shows something unusual, something that bothering him. Ji Hyo sweet white face seems gloomy and bloated like she just ends her cry. Her eyes seem a bit swollen.

“Wae yo, imo? Why are you calling me? Did something happen to Ji Hyo? What happen?” asks CSG Yoo Jae Suk while exchanging glance between both of the woman in front him. He hurriedly came to his aunt home when Miss Song Ok-sook call and urge him to visit them no matter what happen.

“Jae Suk-ah…. You do know me, right?” asks Miss Song Ok-sook softly.

Song Ji Hyo keeps looking at her cousin face with full of hope. She knows her oppa was the only remaining people she can hope. Meanwhile, Yoo Jae Suk burst out his laugh as he feels funny with his mother’s sister question.

“Imo…. Yes absolutely I know you.. But wae?” Jae Suk looks at his cousin, Ji Hyo with a cynical smile. He really didn’t expect with his aunt weird question.

“If you feel pity for me, you must help Ji Hyo.” Jae Suk frowns. He stares at Ji Hyo dejected face.

“Wae Ji Hyo-ya? What happen? Who did this to you? Tell oppa, let me give him a lesson!” Jae Suk faces turn serious, his voice tense with an angry tone. He will not let anyone who hurting his cousin get away.

“Oppa…. Promise me that oppa will help me?” asks Ji Hyo with her sad voice.

CSG Yoo Jae Suk nods his head promising to Ji Hyo that he will do anything. 

“Oppa promise?” urges Ji Hyo want a solid conformation.

“Neh…. Oppa promise, Ji Hyo-ya. Now tell me… Who is the culprit? I will give him a proper lesson!”

“Tell me about K.I.A”

Yoo Jae Suk angry face immediately changes. Miss Song Ok-sook who aware with his sudden change feel confuse. Clear at her eyes Yoo Jae Suk seems awry and anxious. The surrounding becomes silent for a moment, too silent.

 

Miss Song Ok-sook fell in confusion. She starts to understand the meaning of Ji Hyo words before. She starts to feel the word K.I.A was haunting her nephew.

“Please oppa…. Explain to me, who K.I.A really is.” Ji Hyo’s begging with her hoping voice.

The changes of Jae Suk face earlier give her a warning that she may disappointed again.

“Shiro! Forget it, Ji Hyo-ya.” replies Jae Suk softly. Anxiety was pictured on his face.

 

Miss Song Ok-sook was curious with Jae Suk action. Why so sudden he’s changing? He seems facing something big and powerful, something that must be hidden.

“Wae oppa? Why every time I’m asking about K.I.A, everybody seems coward to talk? WAEE??!!” shouts Ji Hyo loudly. She bursts out her tears.

Miss Song Ok-sook pulls Ji Hyo into her embrace. She feels curious with the attention Ji Hyo shows regarding the matters. She did not expect that Ji Hyo will begged and crying heavily like that.

“Pity her, Jae Suk-ah…. Explain to her about the K.I.A.” begs Miss Song Ok-sook softly.

Yoo Jae Suk shakes his head. His face fulls with anxiety and uneasiness. “Imo… It’s better like this. You don’t have to know. Don’t ever involve with the K.I.A.” Jae Suk voices out his opinion with his jolt voice.

Miss Song Ok-sook realizes Yoo Jae Suk voice seems thrill, trying to hide a secret. He was trying to hide something important that he already knows.

“But wae?” shouts Ji Hyo in her cries. She’s tightening her hugs at Miss Song Ok-sook waist.

“Ji Hyo-ya…. You can’t even imagine with who you deal with. They are not to be identified. Please Ji Hyo-ya… For your goodness, forget about it. It was beyond your capability to face it. Ji Hyo will not know with who or what you deal with later.” Jae Suk was trying to persuade his cousin, Song Ji Hyo.

“I’ve already been involved with them, oppa.” groans Ji Hyo sadly. She knows she has to lie. She must dig the truth out from Jae Suk.

Yoo Jae Suk shuts in silent. His eyes staring at Miss Song Ok-sook anxious face. “Imo?” Jae Suk’s voice was rustling worriedly.

 

Miss Song Ok-sook became more and more anxious. She knows she must help her daughter, and she also want to know about the K.I.A that Jae Suk trying to hide.

“Ji Hyo’s boyfriend was a K.I.A.” Miss Song Ok-sook lies. She pinch softly Ji Hyo’s waist, asks for co-operation.

CSG Yoo Jae Suk leans his head onto the sofa with his anxious and worried face.

“I unintentionally know about it. He didn’t know that I know about him as a K.I.A. That’s the reason why I have to know about K.I.A. Please oppa…. This is about my future, about my feeling…. Chaebal…” Ji Hyo was begging her cousin with full of hope.

 

Yoo Jae Suk became restless on his sit. For a moment, Jae Suk silently looks down trying to deliberate his decision. He sighs multiple times, harsh and heavy.

“I’m sorry Ji Hyo-ya… I hope you can be patience.” Jae Suk took off his glass and covered his face with both hand.

Miss Song Ok-sook can actually feel the difficulty Jae Suk tries to endure.

‘Oh God! Why you give me this kind of test?’ Sighs Jae Suk silently. He pierces his gaze on Ji Hyo dull face. He inhale and exhale for a few times, trying to gather all his strength to speak. Miss Song Ok-sook confuse with her nephew action.

“Ji Hyo-ya…” Yoo Jae Suk stops from continuing his words. He feels all wrong for him to continue.

“Oppa… chaebal…. Don’t punish me like this.” requests Ji Hyo, softly. She’s wiping her tears as she stops crying.

“Hmm… Ji Hyo-ya.. K.I.A is…. Hmm….They are a vicious professional killer. They expert in trace and abolish their enemies.” The words came out from Jae Suk lips slowly.

“Ppp…. Professional killer? Vicious? What do you means oppa?”

“Did you ever hear about CIA in USA, Mossad in Israel, Gestapo in Germany, KGB in Russia, CSU in Philliphines, GGK in Malaysia, KHAD in Afganistan? Do you?” asks Jae Suk, serious.

Song Ji Hyo nods her head while Miss Song Ok-sook astonished, didn’t understand a single word.

“They were a cruel and vicious secret special force. They chastised their enemy and detainee to get the secret out of them with unbearable punishment. Right oppa?” Ji Hyo explains according to her knowledge. But her knowledge also has its own limit. She didn’t understand the relation between K.I.A and the secret services mentioned by Yoo Jae Suk.

“It’s more than that. They were not a police or an army. K.I.A was not like our NIS (National Intelligence Services) but they were part of the original KCIA (Korea Central Intelligence Agency). They are secret agents, a spy-like-army to be exact. They were specially trained. They can be anybody. They can be a pilot, doctor, lawyer, fisherman, farmer….. anyone. We will not even realize their present near us.” You Jae Suk face really serious and pressured.

“So they were a pilot, doctor, lawyer or farmer who’s been a spy agent… like that?” asks Ji Hyo. A light of hope rays out from her big cute eyes.

“Ani.. K.I.A was not any agents, Ji Hyo-ya.” Jae Suk sighs anxiously. Ji Hyo who were staring at Jae Suk feels confuse.

“Then what is it?”

“They not a pilot, a doctor, a lawyer or farmer…. Ji Hyo-ya. They were well-trained to be a doctor, a pilot, a lawyer….. They has been trained, they can be anybody.”

“Ww..what? I don’t understand”

“They were a special intelligence commando. K.I.A brings the meaning of Korea Intelligence Army. They were a special elite unit from elite agents division under KCIA commands. They were a super elite team that has been trained at the special training camp in Germany, Russia, France, Palestine and Israel. Their trainer was an expert in many things, a specialist. Between 50 000 candidate, only one or two who are capable and durable enough to face the pressure, challenge and the harsh training module.” Jae Suk explains clearly for Ji Hyo to understand. He then continues;

“Each of them can do the works for doctor, lawyer, farmer or others. They can be a work hard farmer, an enthusiastic athlete or a chronic drug-addict. They are complete. They are the fearless attackers the world can have. K.I.A is one of the best destructive units in the world, 2nd behind the GGK. They like an assassin, they kills their enemy without mercy. Their services have been used around the world. In fact, they have been recognized as the cruelest and vicious unit. They capable to do anything they want.”

Miss Song Ok-sook was stunned on her sit, feels shock with the fact she just heard. Song Ji Hyo on the other hand seems more interested.

“They alone can do all that things?” asks Ji Hyo. Yoo Jae Suk nods, answering Ji Hyo’s question.

“So, why they’ve been feared?” interjects Miss Song Ok-sook who also seems interested.

“It because they didn’t have any feelings at all. They did the task which has been given to them without hesitation. They will destroy each of the enemy with their own cruel way. And now I will become one of their next targets. Only time will decide.”

“Oppa?” shouts Ji Hyo, shocked.

“Now, oppa can be recognizes as a betrayer who reveal the government secret. Anytime now I will be killed by the K.I.A.”

“But Jae Suk-ah… didn’t we ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter