Chapter 11

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One short-haired woman throws the newspaper she reads angrily to the coffee table. After reading an article inside the newspaper earlier, she suddenly became very angry and disappointed. She took a glance on the main title and screams loudly.

 

THREE MEN DIED TRAGICALLY AT THE CAR PARK OF MAKINO CHAYA.

 

“Haish…. I told them not to act recklessly. They even attack other person! Now how I want to get my revenge? Stupid assassin………………” the woman speaks after she calm down. She then took a picture in front of her with the feeling of angry and frustrated.

“What was done is done. It also my fault though. I didn’t tell them to sticks with the plan. They just plain stupid to make their own plans……. But you, Kim Jong Kook! Just wait….. You will feel the pain!”

 

 

***

 

 

For a few days already, Song Ji Hyo was shutting her own mouth regarding Kim Jong Kook from Eun Hye’s knowledge. She knows she can’t let Eun Hye involve with this matter. She feels like she must protect Kim Jong Kook from Eun Hye. But her curiosity about the K.I.A secret keeps burning in her heart.

She feel very relieves at one blissful evening. She finally can meet her best friends, SUPT. Han Ji Min who was her neighbor. SUPT. Han Ji Min was an officer at Gangnam District of Police Department. Coincidentally, SUPT. Han Ji Min was on her leave that day.

“Hye unnie…” Han Ji Min greets Song Ji Hyo who was visiting her that evening.

“Hye Ji min-ah…. It was a long time you know since the last time I’ve seen you.” Ji Hyo hugs her best friends tightly.

“Hehehehe… I am very busy unnie. I have many cases to handle. Wahhh unnie…. You become more beautiful since the last time.”  Han Ji Min praise her unnie warmly as she knows the surgeon in front her has a natural white pale skin.

“Hahaha…. Ani ya…. Just like the usual. Ji Min-ah…. I’m sorry if I bothering you.”

“Ani…. It’s fine.. There must be an important thing, right? With you anxious face, I can tell it unnie.” say Ji Min while smiles warmly towards the sweet lady in front her.

Song Ji Hyo simply nods her head, replying Ji Min prediction.

“Neh…. I need some information from you.” 

SUPT. Han Ji Min suddenly laughs her head off. Song Ji Hyo stares at Ji Min, confused. She feels weird why suddenly Han Ji Min laughs at her statement.

“Yahh Han Ji Min! Why are you laughing? I’m serious!” Ji Hyo says, strictly.

Han Ji Min seems trying to cover her laugh from continue. But her heart feel it was very funny for a surgeon specialist especially like Song Ji Hyo want to dig an information from an investigating officer like her.

“I am sorry, unnie. What is it? What the thing you want to know?” Han Ji Min asks Ji Hyo while covering her laugh.

“K.I.A.” 

Immediately, Ji Min stops laughing. Her face changes, her eyes staring straight to Ji Hyo’s face.

Song Ji Hyo can detect the changes of Ji Min face. Her heart keeps struggling to know about K.I.A. The behavior that has been shown by Ji Min was exactly the same as the sudden change of SUPT. Lee Kwang Soo behavior at the police department the other day.

“Ji Min-ah…. What do you know about K.I.A?” persuades Ji Hyo with her soft voice.

Han Ji Min shook her head slowly. Her fingers softly grips Ji Hyo’s finger. Ji Min’s behavior adds the uneasy that haunted Ji Hyo’s feeling.

“No..un..unnie….. You don’t have to know!” says Ji Min softly. She stares Song Ji Hyo warmly.

Ji Hyo can feel Ji Min tries to hide something from her. Something that seems so big, so powerful and so scary at her view.

  “Come on Ji Min-ah, I need to know what is K.I.A”

“Shiroo….. Unnie…. Ddd... Do you engage with them?” asks Ji Min seriously.

Song Ji Hyo began to feel hesitant. What is K.I.A? Is it bad, or is it nice? Ji Hyo feels awry with Ji Min’s reaction.

“Ani… I didn’t engage with them. But I have to know what K.I.A is!”

“Forget it.” begs Ji Min softly.

“But….”

“Me, myself will forget that you asked me about that matter to me. We… I meant with ‘we’ was.. Both of us… both of us will consider that we NEVER talk about it.”

Han Ji Min’s words seem like adding the oil into the fire. She feels so curious. She didn’t understand why Ji Min wants to hide the secret about K.I.A with her.

 

On the other side, hesitation starts to build in Han Ji Min’s heart. Was Song Ji Hyo a K.I.A’s? And now she became their targets? Han Ji Min starts to consider in her heart, is it Song Ji Hyo who she know all this time as a sweet, innocent and soft lady was a K.I.A’s who want to tests her loyalty. Han Ji Min knows she must be careful.

“Ji Min-ah… Chaebal… I want to know what K.I.A is.” Ji Hyo persuades her best friends. She can feel that Ji Min didn’t want to give her co-operation, to give her a better explanation about the matters.

“Unnie…. Take my advice. Forget about K.I.A. Please consider like you never see or hear about them. Don’t try to think about them. Don’t jeopardize your own future and your own fate.”

“But wae… Ji Min-ah? I just want to know what K.I.A is. I want this information from you. You must have known about them. Tell me Ji Min-ah. Tell me who were they, what was their role?”

“It’s not something that you should know, unnie. Forget it! Do not engage yourself with them! You wouldn’t know with who you will face.”

Song Ji Hyo stares at Ji Min with full of curiosity and hesitation. She can detect the uneasiness from Ji Min to talk about it. She feels weird why Han Ji Min tries so hard to prevent her from knowing about the K.I.A. Is the K.I.A so powerful? Why Han Ji Min seems afraid and hesitant suddenly?

“Just tell me, what is K.I.A. Please Ji Min-ah….” Ji Hyo begs softly.

Han Ji Min sweeps her hair backwards multiple times. Her face seems to sweats. Song Ji Hyo more and more confuse why must Ji Min acts like that. What was Ji Min afraid with? The words K.I.A seem like a taboo for Ji Min.

“Unnie…. You will never know who they are. They can be anyone!” Ji Min stares straight towards Ji Hyo, make her more restless.

Han Ji Min herself was restless. Was her loyalty being tested? Ji Hyo’s question seems so disturbing. She can’t hide her anxiety anymore, it was pictured on her face clearly. If her prediction about Ji Hyo was true, her life will be destroyed even the slightest mistake she made. She didn’t want to do any mistake. She didn’t want to be the ruthless K.I.A’s target. She realizes K.I.A’s cruelty didn’t choose their victim.

“Come on, Ji Min-ah… I feel more and more confuse now. Please….. Just this one time..” Ji Hyo continues to persuade Han Ji Min stubbornness.

Han Ji Min looks down. Her finger which in Ji Hyo’s grip starts to shaking slowly. Song Ji Hyo starts to confuse when suddenly Ji Min starts to sobbing. She can see the fears on Ji Min eyes.

“I worked with the police department not because of the ranks. For the God sake, sunbaenim. I worked for my duty, my responsibility towards my family…. our country…. I served for our pride.” Ji Min sigh her long breath, her sobs continues.

  “Please sunbaenim. My siblings still need me. Please don’t take their rights to serve our nation. Please sunbaenim…..”

Song Ji Hyo frowns with Ji Min’s statement. She didn’t understand what Ji Min trying to say. Her changes of honorifics make her more confuse.

“What are you talking about, Ji Min-ah?”

“I admits that I never be as good as you, sunbaenim. But I gave my 100% commitment, my best services that I can. If sunbaenim came here to test me, I swear sunbaenim, I’m still loyal. I’m not a traitor. I’m not a betrayer.”

“Han Ji Min!”

Han Ji Min can see the destruction of her life. She trying to find if she ever made something wrong, something that illegal, something she do that out from her ethics as a policewomen. She continues to looks down, there was fear inside her heart. Will she be considered as a traitor? Will she be the victim of the cruel law of K.I.A?

“I’m still loyal to our nation, sunbaenim. I’m not a traitor. Why must they suspect me? Why must the send sunbaenim to me? I’m swears to the name of God, I never ever think to be a traitor. I rather die for our country, for HanGuk sunbaenim.” Han Ji Min burst into tears. The ultimate fears pictured on her pale face.

Song Ji Hyo didn’t understand why Han Ji Min seems so afraid. She confuse why Han Ji Min assume that she’s been send to tes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter