Chapter 4

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sometimes in our life, we can't simply judge someone and predict their life.

 

 

 

Song Ji Hyo jogged slowly alongside Eun Hye around a recreation park just to sweat. When she arrived at one shady tree, she stopped to refreshed herself. Eun Hye also stopped her step and followed her unnie.

She sat on the grass while wiping her sweat with a towel attached at her neck. She’s gasping for an air because of exhaustion.

“Aigoo… I’m exhausted. We should to this everyday Eun Hye-ya…” Ji Hyo sighed as she leaned on the shady tree.

“If you free, why don’t you ask your husband to jog with you Eun Hye-ya??” Ji Hyo continued and smiled to Eun Hye. Eun Hye started frowning as she heard about her husband.

“Shiro… Let him be.. He’s passive guy, you know that.” Eun Hye snapped, indifferent.

“Passive?? What do you mean?” Ji Hyo stared Eun Hye’s face, wondering.

“Yes.. Passive….  Fool..  Slow… When he back from work, he just sit and reads his damn books. He’s not fitted!”

Ji Hyo just chuckled when she heard the answer. She can imagine the stereotype life, repeated the same way of behavior and movement. “What kind of book he reads?” ask Ji Hyo full with curiosity.

Eun Hye shrugged multiple times. “I don’t know, unnie…. Even I feel confused with him.” Eun Hye frowned, imagined her feeling.

Song Ji Hyo can detect her feelings of doubt about Kim Jong Kook. She seems to be able to see the questions in Eun Hye’s heart.

“Why you talk like that?”

“That Kim Jong Kook…. He just a clerk, but the books he read…..” Eun Hye didn’t proceed with her words.

“Why with his books?” Ji Hyo became interested.

“He reads a lot of books about politics and foreign policies. I’m suspicious with him, why books like that became his hobby.”

“Jinjaa??” Ji Hyo curiosity becomes thicker after she heard Eun Hye explanation.

“Yes! Political books and foreign policies. As far as I know, only the ambassadors read that kind of book. Not a stupid clerk like him!

Ji Hyo can feel pungency in her words.

“Yah… you can’t talk like that. Although he just a clerk, he still your husband. As far as I know, he never hurt your feeling. Maybe he interested to know about foreign countries. So, you have to respect his passion.”  Ji Hyo softly adviced.

“Even if he interest with that,spare it! Just do what he have to do. Do what his ‘clerk mind’ capable off!” Eun Hye increasingly throws out her vitriolic words.

Ji Hyo thought of the words. If she, herself can find the spice of Eun Hye words, not to mention Kim Jong Kook.

“I guess he never showed-off with his passion, am I right? He never feels proud or arrogant with that. Even with you, I don’t think he ever talked about his interest. So, why must you feel annoyed?”

Eun Hye shut in silent. Her unnie tell the truth. Although they stayed together, Kim Jong Kook has never talked about his books with her. All she knows, he just quietly reads his books, alone. Underlined on certain lines of words in red ink then keeps the books when he feels tired of reading.

“Ehh… Ehhh.. Yahh… Eun Hye-ya! Look… there.. Look!” Ji Hyo pointed with her finger towards a field near the recreation park they had their exercises.

Eun Hye can see many visitors of the recreation park are watching a rugby match in progress.

“Kure! There is a rugby game. Let’s watch it unnie..” Eun Hye excitedly jogs toward the field followed by Ji Hyo. They merged themselves in the midst of crowded audience who watched the match.

“Yah! Yah! Take a look!” Ji Hyo slapped Eun Hye shoulder multiple times, as she pointed to the middle of the field with her lips.

“Where is it? What I’m supposed to see unnie?” Eun Hye surveyed at the middle of the field, gaze at the designated place pointed by Ji Hyo.

“There!! The player wearing striped shirt, number 33! Take a closer look!

Eun Hye stared at the player mentioned by Ji Hyo. Apparently, the player appears to be Kim Jong Kook who grabbed the ball that has been thrown to him with his left hand. As he tucking the ball under his arm, Jong Kook started to run. Jong Kook pushed his opponent’s face as he tried to catch him. 

Kim Jong Kook jumped high, caused the other opponent fell down and failed to catch his body. When his feet touch the ground, Jong Kook suddenly changes his route. He then runs towards the edge of the field, where Ji Hyo and Eun Hye standing to release himself from the op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter