Chapter 25

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“No… No… No… No… This cannot be happened…”

Haha murmurs while running from the parking lot to the office. Restless, anxious, mad, anger. That’s what he feel at the moment.

“HYUNGGG!!”

Haha loud scream can be heard as he open Jong Kook’s office door. Clear at his face anxious and restless. “Hyung! Where are you?”

Haha eyes the entire office looking for his superior. The emptiness of the office gives a clear answer that Kim Jong Kook is not at his office. Let out a rough grunt, Haha mumbles; “Where the hell did this old man go? There is no way he’s late.”

“He’s at the shooting ground, oppa. I saw him earlier.” One soft voice pointed out Jong Kook whereabouts. “Wae kure, oppa?”

“Oh Soyou ya… He’s there? Arasso….” Haha runs out from Jong Kook office without answering the later. “Gomawo!”

“Huh… Men… Always the same.” Murmur Soyou softly, annoyed.

 

Ha Dong Hoon rushes toward the shooting ground with worries pictured on his face. He can’t let this matter slide just like that. Not when the matter involving the safety of his dearest. He ran like a maniac, ignoring all the people who greet him along the way.

And there is Kim Jong Kook with his training clothes, stand alone at one of the available booth with his right arm pointing forward, handling a big desert eagle with only one hand. A powerful handgun with a superb force enough to broke a bone if mishandle. A loud continuous bang from the handgun brings the idea how magnificent the weapon is, having the capability to do a serious damage to anyone’s eardrum if they didn’t wore an ear protection near the human made weapon. But that’s not a problem for him or Haha.

“Hyung!!!!” Haha shouts again, trying to get Jong Kook attention.

Lucky for him, Jong Kook is on his last clip as he shot all the bullets left toward the target. Turning on the safety and emptied the magazine, Jong Kook replies; “What is it?”

“Emergency!! We need to act now!”

“Calm down, brat! Take a breath.” Jong Kook says, wiping his hand with a wet tissue.

“I CAN’T! GO EUN IS IN DANGER!”

“What do you mean?”

“Hear this, hyung.” Haha says as he giving Jong Kook his phone.

Jong Kook grabs the phone and brings it to his ear. After hearing it for a couple of second, he starts to curse; “! You right. This really sounds dangerous. He’s starting!”

“HYUNG! What about Go Eun, hyung?” asks Haha, in the verge of tear.

“From the sound of it, I’m sure she still alive. Calm. We need to handle this carefully.” Jong Kook fishes out his own phone. While scrolling through it, he suddenly speak; “Did you try contacting her?”

“Of course I’ve tried! I’ve tried all the number and way we contact each other before, but no! No response!” Haha says with a hint of anger. “How you can be so sure that she is alive?”

“Trust me. If they really want to catch me, they will use her as bait. They cannot be reckless especially at time like now. That will bring disadvantage to them.”

Haha just look silently at Jong Kook’s face, try to accept his reason. But he can’t wait anymore. Either Jong Kook wanted to help or he will ambush the culprit alone. He doesn’t care anymore.

Jong Kook look at his dongsaeng and aware the thing that happen inside his mind right now.

“Don’t ever think to take this alone! You’ll die!”

“But hyung…”

“Stop! We are a team and we will handle this like a team. Arasso?” Jong Kook says strictly.

“…. Arasso….”

“Gather our teammates. We need to take this calmly. Don’t be afraid. I’m sure she still alive.”

Haha nods slowly, agreeing with Jong Kook. He aware what Jong Kook said is true and he respects that Jong Kook’s leadership didn’t waver like him. Wrong step and he is one step to hell right now.

“Plus, we still didn’t know the exact location of that bastard whereabouts. Do you know where Go Eun’s last location?”

“The last hideout is at Bucheon, but we already ambush it and there is no trace of him either. For Go Eun last location, I didn’t manage to ask her about it. She didn’t want to tell me. She’s too clever to hide her location. Even I didn’t manage to track it. “

“Bucheon? Why I didn’t know anything about this?”

“Ambush teams consist of guys from General division. So, we didn’t have any participation.”

“Ahh jinjja? Damn… Why General didn’t tell me?”

“I’m not really sure. But General told me Jin Hyuk got too much connection with past operation, especially with our division past operation. So, the evidence you got from your ex house also consists of crucial evidence.”

“Really? Wow… This man really…”

“Somehow our investigation team did trace his past hideout. I think he’ll be back to this hideout after fleeing from Bucheon hideout.”

“Yeah. I guess so… Where is this hideout again?”

“Cheorwon…”

“I see… Kure… I’ll handle the upper up. You go gather our team. I want a full table in 2 hour. Contact Soyou and her team too. We will have a quick emergency meeting. And you! Control your mind. Be calm and we will handle this professionally. Understand? She is my family too. Go!”

“Yes sir!”

Haha obeys the order and walk away, leaving Jong Kook who now making a call to someone.

“Be ready… The war is starting and I need your expertise as a sniper. I am sure you capable enough to make our plan work. And please… Keep this as a secret. No one knows about this plan. Just you and me.” Jong Kook says softly to someone on the line.

“Of course, sir. I’m ready…” replies the voice on the line.

“Good… Then, meet me in 24hours at the usual place. As for now, you are my secret weapon… Captain Yang Se Chan.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Tie!”

“Scissors.”

Carefully, Ji Hyo cuts the thread and release a relieve breath for the successful surgery. She’s clearly exhausted after doing 5 hours of surgery. All of her assistant agreed this surgery was one of the toughest they ever conduct. But, they relieve that there is one awesome surgeon and leader on their team. Dr Song once again saves the day.

“Eun Hye ya… You take care of the rest.”

“Yes sunbae…” she bows slightly, giving her appreciation. “Thanks for the good work.”

Ji Hyo walks out from the surgery theatre with a satisfied face. Another successful surgery and she is proud she able to save a lot more patient. She takes off her surgical scrub and latex glove, put it inside the respective bin and quickly washes her hand at the sink.

When she’s done, she walks toward her locker room and took a quick shower to clean herself from surgical residue. Plus, her body starts to smell due a long hour of surgery and she didn’t like it when it happened.

“Ahhhhhh… that’s refreshing.” Ji Hyo says softly after coming out from the bathroom.

Drying her wet hair with a towel, she quickly dresses up to her casual attire and rush out from the locker room toward her own office. When she entered her office, little she knew that there is someone already waiting her inside. And the presence of the person caught her of guard and makes her let out a tiny cute shout.

“Yahh~~~! OPPA!”

“Hey Dr Song…”

“W-what are you doing here?” She asks, still shocked.

“What? I can’t visit my girl at her workplace?” Jong Kook smile.

“Anii…. You should tell me first.” Ji Hyo sheepishly plays with her hand. “By the way, how you get in here… and it still 12.30pm! Oppa… You run from your work, is it?”

“Yah! I’ve got some time to spare… I got here from an emergency meeting. So… I do have time.” Jong Kook rolls his eyes. “Plus, I got ton of work after this. So I want to spend time with you for a bit before my works stop me. Can I?”

“Sure…” She walks toward him and give a quick kiss on his lips. “I miss you.”

“Miss you too… Wanna have lunch with me?” Jong Kook asks, caressing her soft cheek.

“Gladly.” She smiles contently. “You didn’t have any schedule after this?”

“I have… But I miss you, Song Ji Hyo ssi. And it’s been awhile since last time we go out for a date.” He plays with her hair, the silk with love. “Or you do have schedule after this?”

“Nope… I’m free like a bird. Only regular patient checkup… I can do it after this.”

Jong Kook smiles, knowing Ji Hyo didn’t have a packed schedule today. “Then… May I… milady?” He held out his hand, waiting for Ji Hyo to grab it.

“My pleasure…” Ji Hyo grabs his hand softly and walks together out from the office.

 

Yoon Eun Hye walked out from the locker room after taking a quick shower like Ji Hyo earlier. Her stomach grumbles as it asking to be feed. She is on her way to Ji Hyo’s office to ask her to have lunch together when she sees Jong Kook and Ji Hyo walks together toward her, interlocking their hand like a newlywed bride.

Her steps stop as she stand freeze like a log, looking at them with her shocked and envy eyes.

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook aware with her presence but they just walk pass her like she was a complete stranger. None of them try to open their lips to greet Eun Hye although she is clearly visible in front of them, especially Jong Kook. His eyes clearly wander away, avoiding to looks at Logwood Eun Hye.

But as tense as it is, Ji Hyo didn’t want to be awkward and she speaks instead; “I’m going out for lunch. Don’t wait for me, Eun Hye ya.”

She walks away together with Jong Kook without waiting for an answer. And that was enough.

 

 

“So…. How is my girl today?” Jong Kook asks, when the waiter done taking their orders.

Ji Hyo pouts cutely and places her menu down. “Exhausted.”

Jong Kook smiles and reaches out his hand to grab hers. “Aigoo… This hands save people again today. So, it’s really worth it. Cheer up okay.” He ends his word with soft on her cheek.

As she leans on his palm, she softly says; “That’s why I really fall into you, Kim Jong Kook ssi. You always have your own word that soothes me…. Every. Single. Time.”

Jong Kook smiles for the nth time. “I love you too Ji Hyo.”

“Oppa… Can you feed me? My hand feels numb.” Ji Hyo asks, spoiled.

“Aigoo… Why are you so cute today? Hehehe… Come here, sit beside me.”

Ji Hyo quickly stands up and changes her seat with glee. “Saranghae oppa.” She kisses his cheek.

Jong Kook shakes his head amusingly. His girl can be super cute once in a while. And of course he likes it. He knows Ji Hyo love to being pampered by him.

“Ji Hyo ah…”

“Hmm…” Ji Hyo responds, still playing with Jong Kook finger.

“I want to tell you something…”

Ji Hyo look up, giving her attention to Jong Kook. “What is it, oppa?”

“I-I….”

“Oppa… It’s okay if you didn’t want to talk about it.” Ji Hyo cuts his word when he stutters for a bit.

“What? No… I want to tell that tomorrow I’ll go to Cheorwon.”

“Cheorwon?” She tilts her head.

“Yeah…”

“Isn’t that at the border?” Ji Hyo asks again.

“Yes dear…”

Ji Hyo’s body stiffs when she heard that. She looks deeply at Jong Kook eyes. “Oppa… Why are you going there?”

“Hmm… Ope… No, investigation.” Jong Kook lies but still kept his calm demeanor.

“Ahh really…” Ji Hyo seems to taking the bait and began to calm again. “For how long?”

Jong Kook takes both of her hand and rubs it slowly with his thumb. “For 2-3 days. Don’t worry okay.”

“I do worried, oppa… Your work is dangerous.”

“Ji Hyo ya… It is my work. Like I’ve said before, your hand is made to save people, but mine are made to kill.”

“But both of our hands are made to keep the world safe and happy. That’s what we do. We are the frontline of the nation, oppa. But we do have our own life. Please… be safe. For me?”

Jong Kook kisses her temple softly and lovingly. “I will, dear… and if I in the verge of dying… I got you didn’t I?”

Ji Hyo slaps his chest softly, protesting his word. “I hope your hand someday safe me from danger.”

“I will…” Ji Hyo says softly.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

It is cold that night with a slight drizzle wetting the soil. Cold wind blows slowly slapping the window of one bungalow. There lies on her big king size bed, a woman with a name Yoon Eun Hye. She lies on the bed with lonely creeping up on her like a leech. In the past she never once in her life experiencing that kind of loneliness, but now that exact feeling haunts her like ghost. Her luxurious bungalow was deliberately left in the dark. And in the dark, she cries and wept over her remorse.

She purposely ignores the sound of the phone as it keeps ringing since earlier. She let the phone rings until it stop itself. Not once she ever looks or intends to pick up the call.

Feeling thirsty, Eun Hye woke up from the bed and left to the kitchen. As she opens the door of her room, she can see Jong Kook’s reading table lit in the dark. There is one familiar silhouette seen working on something on the table.

Although it is vague, Eun Hye knew. She got this feeling that the silhouette is Jong Kook. In fact, she is convinced that silhouette is Jong Kook.

Slowly, she steps forward toward him and then stood still behind him.

Jong Kook appears to be inserting something into five small bottles in front of him. After his works were finished, he stood up to leave. But his step stop when he realizes there is someone behind him.

Jong Kook himself stood struck when he recognize the person behind him. Yoon Eun Hye.

Eun Hye tears slowly fall down, moistening her soft cheeks. She walks closer to him and hugs him tightly. Longing and regret rooted firmly in her heart that moment.

“Oppaa….” She cries, his attention. She pressed her ear tightly onto Jong Kook’s chest. She doesn’t care what Jong Kook do. She didn’t want to know how Jong Kook got his way into her bungalow. What she wants is him. Kim Jong Kook. She just wanted him. She wants Jong Kook to return to her life.

“I am sorry, Eun Hye ah, for invading your house… I’ve tried to call you earlier, but you didn’t pick it up.” Jong Kook says slowly.

Yoon Eun Hye shakes her head several times.

“No! It’s not your fault, oppa! It is not! You didn’t doing anything wrong! It is me! I’m the wrong one! It’s my fault!”

Like a traveler in the middle of the hot desert who found with an oasis or precisely, a water, Yoon Eun Hye were stunned and a bit relieve when Jong Kook slowly hugs her body. Jong Kook softly patted her back several time.

“Don’t leave me, oppa. Don’t leave me alone in this house. I want you here, oppa…. I need you…” Her voice glooms, begging.

Jong Kook was silent while continue to hugs her body, calming her.

Yoon Eun Hye snaps when his mobile ring from inside of his jacket. Slowly while hugging tightly Jong Kook great frame, she fishes out the mobile.

“Hello..!” She asks in sadness.

“Please give the phone to Jong Kook!” The voice asks strictly.

She recognizes the voice. It’s Ha Dong Hoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter