Chapter 14

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo feels very happy because her gambles pay off. At the beginning, she feel very nervous as she scare if Kim Jong Kook didn’t really care or pay attention to her. But the luck was on her side. Now, she was sitting on his lap comfortably with his hand around her waist tightly as she can smell his manly scent in front of her.

“Why so serious? Are you still mad?” asks Kim Jong Kook when he saw Song Ji Hyo starts to calm.

“It was his fault! He’s the one who so bad. What, do you think I’m scared with him?” Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook’s eyes confidently.

“Do you brave enough to fight him?”

“I pull his hair, scratch his face, bite him…. Then he know who’s in charge!” says Ji Hyo earnestly.

Kim Jong Kook chuckles hearing the words come out from Ji Hyo’s mouth. He smiles because he feels funny with Ji Hyo braveness and confidence.

 

When all the player gathers around the coach for briefing, Song Ji Hyo also joins them and sat beside Jong Kook who already releasing her waist earlier. Indirectly, she becomes the flower in the middle of a tough-looking group at the side of the field.

The coach, Kang Ho Dong rebukes, exhorts and correcting the mistakes his player did at the earlier game. The players silently listen to the order and advice from their coach.

“Well young lady, do you had any comments?” asks the big coach to Song Ji Hyo who seems diligently listens to his briefing.

“There is a lot, coach!” Song Ji Hyo stands up in the middle of the group. She seems so confident.

Some of the players let out a small smiles and cheers when they see Ji Hyo stands. Its include Kim Jong Kook who seems very happy that evening.

“Firstly, three quarters. Every time all of you get the ball, you run toward the opponent. What for? Check your teammates first. When you get the ball, runs to the empty spot. No one told you to run into the bush. That’s why you got easily tackled by them.”

“One more thing, flanker! When the three quarters get the ball, you support them. Follow-up, don’t wait for the ball. This guy here…. What his name?” Ji Hyo points to Haha.

“Haha!” shouts one voice from Ji Hyo’s back.

“Ahh.. Haha. You are the right flanker, the open side flanker, don’t just wait for the ball. You have to work hard. When the opposition got the ball, you beat them, tackle them, no mercy! And after that oppa…..” Ji Hyo points to Jong Kook.

“Kim Jong Kook! In the pitch cannot call him oppa, ahjumma ssi!” Once again one voice interrupts from her side.

Song Ji Hyo smiles sweetly.

“Arasso! Arasso! When Haha beaten down, Jong Kook support. If Jong Kook was down, Haha support. Both of you must work together, co-operate.” says Ji Hyo serious.

All of the player become silent. Song Ji Hyo smiles, feel satisfied.

“Forward must be strong, don’t always out of breath. When flanker got the ball, all of you must quickly support. Don’t use a big body as a reason for you not to run. When our flanker was beaten down, all of you can use your big sturdy body to bulldozer the opposition. Scoop them hardly without mercy. Let them headlong. But if all of you always out of breath, with your tongue out from your mouth, you can bury the flanker, they are dead.” explains Ji Hyo earnestly.

All of them start to amaze with the small beautiful lady ability in front of them. They very impressed. 

“Haa!! Winger! Each time you got the ball, burst with all you might. Run at the sideline, and don’t look at anyone else. Run as fast as you can. If there an opponent in front of you, just scoop him until he’s lying down.”

The players start to laugh when they see the way Ji Hyo advices their winger.

“Remember! Run as fast as you can, imagine like you’ve been hunt by something scary.”

“Imagine to been hunt by what?” one voice try to tease.

Song Ji Hyo seems to think about something.

“Haa… Imagine like you’ve been hunt by frog.” says Ji Hyo with her serious face. She frowns giggling seem like the frog was a nightmare and scary.

All the players burst into laughter.

Song Ji Hyo realizes her mistake. She did scare with the slimy skin frog, she feels creepy and irritate at the same time. That’s why she un-purposely assume to the players who most of them has a sturdy body that the frog is a nightmare.

Ha Dong Hoon and few of his teammate starts to roll with their heavy laugh. Song Ji Hyo began to panic.

“Winger is afraid with women!” One voice shouts, teasingly.

“Ha… Imagine you’ve been hunt by women. Ehh!” Song Ji Hyo stops her word. Because of the panic about the frog earlier, Ji Hyo blurted again, speaks without thinking.

 

The laughter of the players becomes strong. The coach also laughs heavily with Ji Hyo mistake. Ji Hyo’s cheek reddened, feeling shy.

“Ah.. Oppa……..” Song Ji Hyo looks at Kim Jong Kook who also laughing, trying to gain sympathy.

“Arasso, arasso…. Done! Done!” told Jong Kook to Ji Hyo, softly with his smiling eyes.

Song Ji Hyo smiles confidently when the laughter begin to subside.

“Three quarters, always alert! When winger got the ball, three quarters, flanker and forward must quickly support. Fullback! Don’t try to be a hero, arachi? You must be cautious, alert. Earlier, two times we’ve conceded a try, because of fullback who too busy hanging out at someone place. Stay at your position, so people cannot intrude your house.”

Audible boos from the other mocking the fullback who been accused hanging out at someone place by Ji Hyo earlier. The fullback grins, feeling shy as he realizes the mistake he did earlier.

All of them start to realize that the beautiful girl standing in front of them not an ordinary girl. She knew a lot about rugby tactical and formation. All her word was solid and true. They fall into confusion.

“Scrum-half also weak, don’t have any communication at all. Before you gave in the ball into the scrum, signal the hooker first. Tell the hooker when the ball will enter, so then our scrum do not lose the ball. If we always lose the ball, how can we win?”

“Booooo….. Scrum-half pabo! Scrum-half pabo!” Few voice sounds simultaneously mocking the inside center who be meant as a scrum-half.

“Our throw-in was good, same with scrum. Our scrum was strong!” Ji Hyo comments.

Half of the players cheering when they been praise by Ji Hyo. Kang Ho Dong, the coach was stunned, feels amaze with the lady talent and abilities.

“But, our scrum didn’t use full strength. When the scrum has picks (engage), number-eight must quickly anchor. After that, second-row push so that our first-row can jacks opposition scrum. When the opposition scrum raised after been jacked, our hooker can steal their ball.”

“Booo… Forward pabo! Forward pabo!” the three quarters starts to mock the forward.

“Our flanker was great! Every time we did a scrum, they disturb the opposition first. They were efficient and skilled. They look the referee position first before they do their dirty tricks.” Song Ji Hyo remembers Kim Jong Kook and Haha who always escape from referee view every time they do a dirty trick.

“Remember! If we see the referee lax and complacent, pull their first-row. If the right flanker pulls, the left pushes them. If the right pushes, the left pulls them. And so the opposition scrum will lose their balance.”

Thunderous applause began to be heard. “Flanker is clever! Flanker is clever!” cheers them together.

Kim Jong Kook and Haha smile proudly with Ji Hyo’s compliment.

“Her oppa was a flanker!” shouts Kim Dong Hyun, the forward loud, teasingly.

“Flanker oppa! Flanker oppa!” All player cheers simultaneously. Ji Hyo’s cheeks reddened.

“Yah… I’m serious! Don’t tease me.” says Ji Hyo while stamping her feet onto the ground, protesting in aegyo.

“You are serious? She’s serious! She’s serious!” The players continue to .

“Oppaaa….” Ji Hyo whines while stretching her hand toward Jong Kook, asking for help.

“Ommo… Arasso.. Yah guys! Stop it!” Jong Kook tries to help his angel.

“Quiet! Quiet! Hear first what she wants to tell! She tells the truth.” Kang Ho Dong interferes, starts to defend Ji Hyo.

All the players stop from teasing Ji Hyo.

“Now… About tactics and skills. Coach! Didn’t you ever teach them any dirty tricks? If not dirty, how we want to win. It not all about clean games, okay. Take a look at international teams, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji….. They all did dirty tricks, the dirtiest I’ve seen. But they were smart, they didn’t show it in front of the referee.” Song Ji Hyo grins to the coach.

“Aigoo… Me too?” tells Kang Ho Dong, pretending to be shock. Some of the players burst into laughter.

“Flanker come here.” calls Ji Hyo to Haha while she’s pulling Jong Kook hands.

Both Kim Jong Kook and Haha immediately stand up and stand in front of Song Ji Hyo.

“Okay, three quarters, come here, all of three.” All the three quarters member stands in front of Kim Jong Kook. Song Ji Hyo now moves in between Haha and Jong Kook, facing the sturdy three quarters. Ji Hyo impassively clings onto both of the guys.

“Okay, now we do a scrum. I want to show a dirty trick which been used all the time by All-Blacks. Now I will be the hooker, three quarters in front of me will be the opposition hooker. When the scrum starts to going in, flanker try to steal some attention from the referee. A bit is enough.”

“But for what?” One of the three quarters asking, didn’t understand.

Song Ji Hyo grins, she confident that the guys never seen the tricks she will do. “Now we do the scrum. Oppa…. Not so hard, I’m a woman.” says Ji Hyo to Jong Kook while pinch softly his shoulder.

Jong Kook nods, understand. Now all of them crouching, like bows stance, ready to do a scrum.

When they start to going in the scrum, Ji Hyo calls the opposition hooker. “Hei!” The three quarters who act as a hooker lift up his face to look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter