Chapter 17

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is sacred. For love, people can do anything, can be anything. Love is unconditional. That’s why love is the beautiful thing in the world yet the worst nightmare for those who didn’t have it.

 

 

 

It has been a couple of days for Ji Hyo to babysit her ‘baby’, the big bulky Kim Jong Kook. It sounds a bit weird, but that’s the truth. Only God knows how spoiled Jong Kook after being treated and pampered by Ji Hyo in that particular time. A few days of acquaintance didn’t stop them to be as close as possible. They just like a lovely married couple.

Today is the last day of Jong Kook medical leave. Tomorrow he must report himself to the director as the director orders him to come to work as soon as possible. Stares blankly on the television in front of him, he only heard the utensil clanking each other at the kitchen. Weird yet cliché, hearing that sound has already makes him flustered and happy.

“Oppa…. The dinner is ready. Come here..”

A soft voice yet seducing invite him to the kitchen. In eager, Jong Kook stand up from the sofa and walk quickly to the kitchen as he can see a figure wearing a pinkish apron smiles at him.

“Ji Hyo ya…. Gomawo.” Jong Kook says after he sat on the barstool to get ready to fill up his hungry stomach.

“Ahh oppa…. I’ve told you. I promised to take care of you. There’s no need to thank me.” Ji Hyo replies almost immediately with her melodic voice while bringing the dish to Jong Kook.

Jong Kook smiles with the answer he got.”Thank you, Dr Song.” says Jong Kook teasingly.

But as soon he sees the dish that Ji Hyo serves to him, his smile slowly faded. Ji Hyo who realizes the situation immediately spoke;

“Yah yah…. Why with that face?” ask Ji Hyo with the dish still on her hand.

“Bibimbap again?” Jong Kook complains.

“Oppa!! Who says you can complain, huh?” Ji Hyo says with her piercing eyes.

“But I’ve eat it for two days already. Do you know any different dish? Or you only know how to cook this?”

“Oppa…. It’s different. Today I’ve made you clamp bibimbap, which is full with protein. It was your favorite right?”

Kim Jong Kook just sit silently, didn’t respond to Ji Hyo’s question. Feeling pissed with Jong Kook’s responses, Ji Hyo sails a trap statement;

  “Do you didn’t like me or do you want me to feed you instead? You want it, did you?”

 immediate Jong Kook faces cringes, with his eyes stares straight at Ji Hyo and his lips spontaneously says; “Did not!”

Can felt the denial from the guy, Ji Hyo more. 

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Say yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“You like me!”

“Yes!”

 

Suddenly Song Ji Hyo stops speaking. With her blank mind, she tries to digest the words she heard. The last statement from Jong Kook makes the red fill her cheeks. All she can see was the smiling eyes on Jong Kook faces. A second like a year, a minutes.. Like a century I guess. Her heart beating fast as she can feel the adrenalin mixing with the shock from Jong Kook uncalled statement.

As the shyness starts to conquer her, she did something unexpected, something that Jong Kook didn’t even expect when he blurts earlier. She starts to leave him!

“Oppa…. You eat first, okay? I.. I  want to go to work.” says Ji Hyo stutters.

As fast as lightning, she snatches her belongings and run out from the apartment with her crimson red faces. Close the door softly, she lean against the door imagining the moment earlier.

“Yaishh…. What’s the matter with you, Ji Hyo ya!” Ji Hyo mumbles alone.

Cupping her hot cheeks, she leaves the apartment with a wide smile on her face.

 

On the other side, Kim Jong Kook just eyeing the lady walks away from him. He was speechless. He was shocked. Nothing came out from his mouth to prevent Ji Hyo from went away. Such a dumb moves.

“Aishh… What’s the matter with you, Jong Kook ah!” Jong Kook slaps softly his own mouth, regretting his mistakes.

He shakes his head. “You shouldn’t say that. It’s too early. Maybe she just assumes you as a friend. Yahh do paboo!” He mumbles alone as the regrets starts to bite his heart slowly and hardly.

But it’s too late for him. Ji Hyo already left his apartment with unidentified emotion which he think so! Letting out a heavy sigh, Jong Kook grabs the dish Ji Hyo cooks for him earlier. Grabbing the spoon and fork, he’s about to digging the meal when suddenly his eyes fixed at the center of the dish. 

Seeing the clamp bibimbap Ji Hyo’s made, he smiling, letting out a wide smile. All the heartbreaks from his mistakes earlier are gone. He got his answer! The dish itself gives the answer for her behalf. The clamp forming a heart at the center of the dish is the answer. She did like him!

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It has been a while since the last day he went to work. Yet the couple days of his leave brings more happiness than he thought. With a complete army uniform and a leather jacket on top, today he went to work with a bright smile and relax open heart. After greets all his staff, he enter his office. He sat on his chair and looks around his office, ignoring the pile of document on his desk and starts to wonder the actual purpose of the office.

His office at the ‘shipping company’ actually exist just because of his ex-wife, Yoon Eun Hye. It was only for her, for someone who he kept his secret from. For someone who he try to love with all his heart, which he try to bring the happiness inside their relationship but eventually it never been done. He tries to protect her from knowing the reality of his occupation. It was dangerous for her from his opinion. But now all the reason never bother him again.

Now all in his head just only have one woman, a woman who were so precious that makes him blurts all his deepest secret to her. And the woman is Song Ji Hyo, a beautiful surgeon specialist and yes, he knows that Ji Hyo was her ex-wife senior. And that never bothers him. From the first he saw Ji Hyo until now, the beats of his heart always create some sort of serenade that strengthen his emotion and morale. Something he never experienced before.

 

“Are you dead?” One voice suddenly appeared, wakes Jong Kook up from his reverie.

He turns his head toward the door. And all he can see was one man completes with uniforms standing while looking straight toward him.

“Hyung.. Palli…. We have meeting right now, remember? The operation? Halo?” The man speaks again.

“Haha ya…. It still early in the morning. What the purpose?” Jong Kook replies lazily.

“Hyung…. It was very important. Now they get a new intel about the location and her subordinates.”

“Ahh jinjja?? Arasso…. Wait me at the meeting room.” Says Jong Kook strictly.

He gets up from his chair and grabs a few document on his desk. Checking his appearance on the mirror, he then walks toward the meeting room which located beside his office.

After he greets all the staff, he sat on his chair beside the director which surprisingly joins the meeting today.

“Yaa Jong Kook ah. Why are you late?” The director who also the general of the military whispers slowly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know that we had a flash meeting this morning.” Jong Kook answers respectfully.

One man who Sergeant in ranks immediately take the leads and starts the meeting, by informing the purpose of the meeting which is involving the operation to catch the highly dangerous fugitive, Kim Go Eun.

“Now I’ll pass to Major Ha to tell more about the operation.” Says the man after ends his speeches.

“Alright. What we all already know, Kim Go Eun was an ex-commando under the command of our organization. Today we will discuss about the operation further as we just got a new information about her.” Haha talks strictly and confident.

All the staff which in total of 20 people inside the meeting room nods and pays their attention to Haha who now takes the lead.

“Our informers just send us a new information which this Kim Go Eun has a connection with another highly dangerous fugitive. We believe that her already teamed up with a guy named Choi Jin Hyuk.”

“Choi Jin Hyuk?? Did he also an ex-commando?” asks Jong Kook.

“Yes sir. He was an ex-commando of FFL (French Foreign Legion). His expertise was in handling a long range shooting and bombing. We also believe all the bombing which killed many of our army was caused by him.” Haha tells the further information.

“Well, this matter become more serious I think.” Spoke the director in between.

“Sir. I don’t think this operation will involves a big of our asset. What we will use for the operation was my team right? I think we should stick wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter