Chapter 21

Shining Diamonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spoiler's alert: The romantic between this couple are blooming. Hope you enjoy it. Ignore the false in languange and tense. just enjoy the storyline. Gomawo.

 

 

 

Everyone inside the restaurant surely agree that tonight was a delightful night for every person in Korea. The season comes to an end with a peaceful yet warming wind which brings a memory and a romantic feeling between lovers. It was cold night outside, but everyone was in deep passion of early summer which brings happiness.

But all the happiness somehow didn’t reach Ji Hyo at the moment. In just one night, many things happen at her. A happiness, romantic, jealousy, bickering and now, a problem!

A soft, weird vibe starts to penetrate Ji Hyo’s heart. She feels cold, with her face turns pale. She can’t move nor speak, like something controlling her. Her inner voice shouting, asking for help but it doesn’t come out from her lips.

The man in front of her seriously taken over her body. Just like the old time. With his weird smile, he keep looking at Ji Hyo’s face like a carnivore. He knows that he is in control. 

“Hye Ji Hyo ya…. It’s been a while….”

Somehow, Ji Hyo manage to reply his greeting in trembling although the hand start to caress her cheek, “Oppa…. Don’t!”

 

 

***

 

 

 

It is start to raining outside. First it seems like lovable weather which bring love to everyone, but in matter of time it changes its color to black with a hint of thunder inside the blackness of the cloud. The wind starts to slap softly everything on its path. And all that continues until a big drop of rain start to rains down from above.

Inside, Kim Jong Kook still scooping an ice cream into his mouth. Although it’s not his favorite food, yet he still feed the cold delicate ice into his stomach. Feels want to show his attention on Ji Hyo’s favorite maybe. His eyes keep glaring at his watch. It has been a while since Ji Hyo left him to go to the women’s room. Still Ji Hyo didn’t comeback from there.

He did heard a loud noise outside as the thunder strikes signaling the rains starts to pour down. Jong Kook feels a bit worried, yet he restrained himself to find his girl. That continues until few second when two girl pass by the VIP room his in. He overheard the conversation between the two of them;

“Yaishh…. Why with that man? What is he doing in front of ladies room?

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s a erted.”

“If that so, poor that lady I guess.”

“Wae yo?”

“That lady seems flustered and…. scared.”

When he heard the last statement, Jong Kook immediately stands and walk out from the room. He walks quickly towards the restroom that located a bit far from the VIP room. As he approaching the restroom, he can see one man standing facing one lady which is Ji Hyo who seems scared and pale. With his hand caressing Ji Hyo’s cheek, Jong Kook immediately reach his pocket to grab his key.

It may sounds weird, but for a professional army-assassin like Jong Kook, a bunch of key can be a deadly weapon!

 

Before he can approach the man, the man immediately turns and run out from the place, leaving Ji Hyo who almost cry. The man run out, sweep all the thing that blocking his way out including Jong Kook and one of the restaurant staff.

Jong Kook who didn’t expect the situation, fell on the floor. All he can do was glance at the man who successfully makes his way out. With just a glimpse of face and physique, Jong Kook was sure the man was Choi Jin Hyuk!

He immediately get up to chase the man as his anger and instinct tell him to, but suddenly he stop. He remember the most important thing. Song Ji Hyo. He turns to face Ji Hyo who still standing near him. She seems so scared with her body shaking.

Jong Kook walks toward Ji Hyo and quickly pulls her into his embrace. Ji Hyo who was blankly stares in the beginning shouts and struggling to release from Jong Kook’s embrace.

“RELEASE ME! RELEASE….. ME!”

“Ji Hyo ya… It’s me! Look at me! It’s me!” Jong Kook says as he also shocked with the sudden act.

Ji Hyo who finally realized the owner of the voice, stops her struggle and burst into tears. She tighten her hugs on Jong Kook’s waist as she continues to cry on his chest. Jong Kook on the other hand, starts to Ji Hyo’s back, pampering his girl.

“Gwenchana…. I’m here, my dear…”

All of the customer who see the ‘sudden drama’ continue to looking at the couple. Jong Kook realized there are many eyes watching at them right now. He quickly brings Ji Hyo back to their VIP room. As he reaches their room, Jong Kook suddenly says to all of them who watching him and Ji Hyo;

“I am very sorry for the sudden disturbance. I hope you can enjoy your dinner as you pleased. I’m sorry. Thank you.”

He then enters the VIP room, with Ji Hyo who still hugging his waist, but ends her cry. They stay at the position for almost 20 minutes before Jong Kook finally releasing the hugs. He didn’t want to ask anything. He know what he predicts was true. Ji Hyo was the ex-fiancée of his target, Choi Jin Hyuk!

 

Jong Kook knows it not a great moment to ask all of that . He just let it go, for now. He calm himself and releasing a soft breath. He claims Ji Hyo’s chin and swept away the tears mark on Ji Hyo’s puffy cheek.

“It’s okay…. I’m here…. for you.”

Ji Hyo still sobbing but she finally starts to smiles. All her fear are vanished now. She knew that she had her own protector.

“Thank you, oppa….”

“Welcome my dear. You can count me on.” Jong Kook claims.

Ji Hyo smiles widely at Jong Kook remarks. As she starts to speak again, one knock at door stop her to do so.

“Come in.” Jong Kook says.

One man wearing a chef attires came in the room. The look was rather clumsy and silly but his face was recognizable and quite famous. It was the famous chef-comedian, Park Soo Hong. With a dish covered with lid on his hand, he speaks;

“What with the chaos, Jong Kook ah?”

“Ahh hyungnim…. It’s nothing.”

“I heard that a man did all the chaos. And also one of my staff are injured. What happen really?” Soo Hong asks for a conformation.

“It’s nothing really…. A man try to molesting my date here, I manage to prevent it. But before I can grab that guys, he just runs away from here.” Jong Kook tell the entire story with a pinch of lie.

He softly Ji Hyo’s hand who claims his arms earlier when the chef entered.

“Ohh I see…. But it was lucky for that man. If you catch him earlier, I think that man will come out from my restaurant inside a body bag.” The chef blurts, didn’t realize the lies.

Jong Kook and Chef Soo Hong chuckles softly as they find it funny. It’s only Ji Hyo who stay silent as she didn’t want to disturb their conversation.

“It’s okay, hyungnim…. You don’t need to worry. I know my place.” Jong Kook says.

“Hahahaha arasso…. Oh here. I make it special like you asked, Jong Kook ah. Very special.” Says Chef Soo Hong while serving the dish on his hand.

“I thought that ice cream was the last dish. Is it more back there?” asks Jong Kook who seems confused for no reason.

“Nope. This is the last. It’s on the house.” Soo Hong claims as he opens the lid to reveal the dish.

It appeared to be a medium size bowl of dessert with a tiramisu inside it. It looks so delicious until it make Ji Hyo forgot all the things happens earlier. She makes a humming sound excitedly which is visible to both of the man ears.

“Yahh!” Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo.

“Ahh wae, oppa. It is delicious!” Ji Hyo claims with her finger massaging Jong Kook’s muscles.

Park Soo Hong laughing just by looking at the couple. He did jealous with the couple but he feels happy for them. He surely seen it as a romantic as he being single for many years and can feels the loneliness. Feels as a disturbance inside the room, he makes himself out after he says;

“Enjoy your dessert, miss. Don’t worry about Jong Kook. He not that greedy type. Bye.”

“Yahh hyung!” Jong Kook shouts softly.

“Oppa… Gwenchana…. I know you not like that.” Ji Hyo persuades him.

“AND NOW THE DESSERT!” Ji Hyo says excitedly.

“Yahh yahh! Wah…. Is it important now?”

“Anii…. It look so delicious, and that makes me excited. Heheee..”

“Yaa right. Says the one who cries like a baby earlier.” Jong Kook tease.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook!”

Jong Kook just laughs at Ji Hyo who makes a pissed face. Didn’t want to upset her any longer, Jong Kook sits at his chair and pulls Ji Hyo to sit at his thighs.

“Feed me some.” Says Jong Kook to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo immediately smiles at Jong Kook statement. For someone who doesn’t like dessert, it was incredible when he himself offered to be feed by the sweet. She takes the dessert, scoop it a big one and feed it to Jong Kook.

“Emmm…. It is delicious.” Jong Kook claims. “But it so sweet. I’m sure I had to exercise after this.”

Ji Hyo chuckles softly as she continues to scoop the dish into her own mouth. Jong Kook who seems already refusing the sugary dessert, leans his head on Ji Hyo’s back with one hand on her thighs and another hugging her waist. For him, the sugar was too much. And it makes him headache.

“Ji Hyo ya…. Are you okay now?” asks Jong Kook.

“I think I’m fine now, oppa…. Thanks to you.” claims Ji Hyo.

“Emmm…”

“Are you okay, oppa?” asks Ji Hyo.

“Yeah…. But the sweet made me headache. Just let me relax for a while….”

While he relaxing his head on Ji Hyo’s back, sniffing her body scene, Ji Hyo who was diligently eating the dessert suddenly shouts shockingly.

“Oppa! What is this?”

Jong Kook immediately straight his head up and looks at Ji Hyo who turns to look at him. And looking at her hand, there was a diamond ring, beautiful enough that brings a teary Ji Hyo comes back.

He seems relax but he also feels weird. “Where you got it?” Jong Kook asks suddenly.

“Huh? It’s inside the dish you dummy!” Ji Hyo pissed.

“Ahh really…. So that’s why I didn’t find it inside the ice cream. It’s on the tiramisu. Damn Soo Hong hyung. He must be forgot to place it on the ice cream.”

“So…. Is it for me?” asks Ji Hyo rather lamely.

“Nope…. It’s not for you….” Jong kook says while looking at Ji Hyo’s face who already pouting with his remarks, before he continues; “It’s for my girlfriend, Dr Song Ji Hyo. Would you be my girl?”

Jong Kook finally said it! He finally asks that question. He gathers his courage along the night, and now he finally said it. And all that need to be complete was Ji Hyo’s answer!

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

What Jong Kook expects didn’t come true. Ji Hyo just stares at him before she turns and finishes the leftover dessert which only have a scoop to be finished. She then gets up from Jong Kook’s thigh and speaks; “Oppa…. I’m done. Let’s go home.”

She grabs her clutch and walks out from the room without looking at him, leaving him still sitting on the chair. He feels extremely shocked with the unexpected result. He thought he can win the heart of the beautiful girl, but it seems not. He did feels weird with the sudden excitement just before he asks her to be his girl, but the shocks of Ji Hyo ignoring him was more painful than he thought. 

Respecting Ji Hyo’s demand, Kim Jong Kook immediately stand up and walks out from the room toward the reception. There is no sign of Ji Hyo near the counter but before he can feel worry, he suddenly seen the figure of Ji Hyo who standing outside of the restaurant.

He pays the bill quickly and thanks the staff for their services. He then walks out the restaurant to find that it was drizzles outside. He take a glance at Ji Hyo who blankly stares at the wet road.

“Ji Hyo ya….” 

She intentionally walks away from Jong Kook. She walks slowly toward the opposite direction of the car park. Ji Hyo didn’t care she being wet by the light rain.

Jong Kook on the other side feels annoyed, yet he controlled himself to be more calm and compromise. He then walk following Ji Hyo who seems gonna leave him behind. Grabs her hand when he reaches at the girl, he finally speaks after he can’t control his feeling;

“Why are you like this? I am sorry for those sudden act, but can you give me an answer. Please I’m dying to know it.”

Ji Hyo just stands silently without looking at Jong Kook. She didn’t even utters any word. She just stand there, silently like a wood log.

“Song Ji Hyo …. Please….” Jong Kook asks softly, starts to feels the broken hearted.

And still Ji Hyo didn’t turns to face him or at least speaks something.

 

Somehow, Jong Kook feels his effort was a waste. He already feels disappointed and demoralized. He release his grabs on Ji Hyo’s arm slowly. Being born as a tough man didn’t let him to give in easily, but with Ji Hyo today, it seems the tough Kim Jong Kook are gone.

Makes his final effort for a dignity he has left, Jong Kook finally says;

“Mianhe…. Maybe you need to think about it…. Saranghanda, Ji Hyo ya….”

With the last love word he says, Jong Kook turns his body to walks away from her. It’s a bit hard for him, but he know if he force it, it may worsen the situation. As the one step he takes, he can heard Ji Hyo voice.

“Oppa….”

Kim Jong Kook who already demoralized stop his steps and stands silently for further words from Ji Hyo. A tear almost come down from his eyes, yet he still manage to prevent it.

“Turns around….”

 

Following the order from Ji Hyo, Jong Kook turns around just to receive a hard flick on his forehead. He was shocked. He touches his painful forehead and stares at the smiling Ji Hyo in front of him.

“What’s that for?” Jong Kook asks.

“That’s for putting this ring inside MY FOOD!” Says Ji Hyo while showing the ring that Jong Kook give at her finger.

She then walks closely to Jong Kook before she claims Jong Kook right cheek with a kiss.

“This is for saving me.” 

The kiss continue to his left cheek.

“This is for caressing me.” 

And finally Ji Hyo ends it with a peck on his lips.

“And this is for loving me…. My boyfriend.”

After ended her word, Ji Hyo claims his lips for the second time, and for this time it stays.

 

Ji Hyo ends the kiss after she didn’t get any lips response from Jong Kook. She stares at Jong Kook who seems a bit surprised with her act. She tilt her head and stares at Jong Kook with a playful and loving smile. As she starts to speak again, Jong Kook quickly says;

“Stop!”

Before Ji Hyo can speaks another word, Jong Kook quickly claims again her lips with his lips. And this time it’s more passionate. They share their kiss lovingly, ignoring the situation they have been. They are wet and cold, and yet they just ignore it. The time stops as they sealing their love with a kiss under a light rain. Their first real kiss.

The wind blows warmly and the drizzle dance freely showing its beautiful choreography as they also share the happiness between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Their kiss are passionate, their love are sacred and their relationship are blooming as the nature witnessing two hearts become one.

“Saranghanda Ji Hyo ya….”

“I love you too, oppa…”

 

And the story of their relationship begins to reveal their new chapter as they continue to claims each other lips under the star which begin to revealed when the drizzle stop, agreeing and blessing their love.

A perfect ending of the night and the greatest memory of both of them.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It’s about 20 minutes of driving for them to reaches Ji Hyo’s apartment. Happiness can be felt as it filling at every space and corner inside the car. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook’s hand interlocking along the way home. With her head on the side of Jong Kook’s right arm, it just makes all of it complete. It just so sweet to see their act.

Just a few hours before, they just like a normal friend hangout and having fun together, but now they seems like a married couple. Clinging arms was a must. Kissing is a new thing. Still they made it like it was an old habit.

The street road once in a time interrupting their view. The headlight from opposing lane blinding their eyes. For normal drivers, that surely will cause some stress. But not for them. The happiness didn’t go away at all. They feel like the journey home was the journey to heaven. It was peaceful and romantic of course.

The radio shows their true capability tonight. They play various love song, and not even once it plays another genre, like it showing their support. Both of them humming together, accepting the support from the fm. And it never makes them bored.

Breaking the ice of happiness, Ji Hyo asking softly;

“Oppa…. Sing a song for me.”

“Mwuh ra go?? Ji Hyo ya…. I didn’t have a nice voice.”

“Ahhh…. I don’t care. Please dear….”

“Hmm…. I’ll try. But don’t laugh, okay?” Jong Kook says.

“Emm…. Palli..”

 

Jong Kook starts to sing Kim Dooki’s song, How come you don’t know. He’s humming the melody first before finally he sings out the lyric bit by bit.

“Onjongil geudaega nae meorisogeseo (All day, you stay in my head)…. hwanhage nareul bomyeo utgo inneyo (You are brightly smiling at me)….”

He takes a look at Ji Hyo before he continues;

“Geudaedo gakkeumssik nal saenggakhaneunji, Oneulbam geudaesaenggak jam mot irujyo (I wonder if you think of me sometimes I can’t sleep tonight at thoughts of you)….”

He tighten their interlock hand while he sing futher;

“Honja saranghago (Though I love alone)… seogeulpeo nunmullago (Though I cry with sadness)…. gaseumi siryeowado (Though my heart aches).... onjengan naegedo (Some day)….”

He takes Ji Hyo's hand to his lips and kiss it lovingly. He then sings the chorus of the song more passionately.

“Geureonnari ogetjyo (That kind of day will come to me)…. saranghalnal ogetjyo (Days of love will come)… barago barada bomyeon (If I hope and hope)… nugungal neomuna saranghaeseo (Do you know how it feels to love)… miwojineun mam anayo. Geudaen moreujyo babogateun nal (Someone so much that you hate them? You don’t know, this foolish me)…..”

After he finish the chorus, unexpectedly he received a gift. A lovingly kiss from Ji Hyo on his right cheek.

“Oppa…. I love your voice. It’s nicely seducing… and hot…” Ji Hyo pleasing.

Jong Kook smiles with her compliment. Didn’t answer her remarks, he then continues to sing until the end of the lyrics of the beautiful song. The song ends with a claps from Ji Hyo, and also a kiss on his cheeks, again.

“Oppa…. I don’t know you have such a voice. It’s so lovely. Your voice are suitable with the song or maybe it is better than the original singer.” Ji Hyo says excitedly.

“Do you like it?” Jong Kook asks, feels proud with the compliment.

“I love it!” Ji Hyo claims.

Ji Hyo continues to interlock their hands back as usual. Their lovely act will surely bring their relationship to the next level. Jong Kook on the other hand continue to focus his head on the road. Sometimes he will entertain Ji Hyo with his singing, and sometimes with his jokes. And Ji Hyo loves it all.

Although he’s focusing to do all the things, his mind still lingering in area which he’s being wonder about earlier event. He feels want to ignore and let it go, but he can’t. Just the thought of it makes him curious. All of the curiosity was pictured on his face. And that didn’t escape from Ji Hyo’s eyes.

“Oppa…. What’s wrong? Is there anything bothering you?”

Jong Kook who are startled by the question, stutteringly answer; “Erhh…. I… Emm… I don’t know…”

Before Ji Hyo can ask again;

“Can I ask something?” He continues.

“Is it serious?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter