Confession 2

Fate Decides the Word "Us"

Kyuhyun's POV

I was on my way home when I saw Changmin and Seohyun walking together.

I wanted to call them and say "Wait up!" but something stopped me.

Changmin seemed to be clinging to her all day and that made me wonder what was going on with him.

I quietly followed behind to see what's gonna happen.

Then I saw Changmin stopping and Seohyun did too. 

I quickly hid behind some bushes nearby and listened.

Although I couldn't hear them very well from where I was, I could tell Changmin was confessing to her by the way he looked deeply into her eyes.

I began to feel a bit....disappointed? No. Angry? Not quite. Jealous? Maybe.

Seeing them together like that kinda made me think they look cute together, but I rapidly shook that thought away. 

Seohyun looked a bit surprised. She said something but I couldn't hear. 

I turned to Changmin, and he looked really sad.

She must've rejected him.

Part of me was a bit happy that maybe I would have a chance with her, but I was also sorry for Changmin.

He'd liked her for as long as I can remember and now that he had gathered up the courage to confess, he was rejected.

The two continued to walk together, both seemed tensed.

That night, Changmin and I were texting.

C: Hey.

K: Hey.

C: Guess what happened today?

K: What?

C: I got rejected. By Seohyun.

K: Oh. I'm sorry about that. 

C: Yeah, it . I was pretty confident that she'll feel the same way too.

K: But hey there's many other girls out there.

C: Yeah, but I don't know if I can find a girl like Seohyun. 

K: Don't worry man. I'll hep you through it.

C: I bet you're happy.

K: Why would I be happy?

C: You'll have a chance with Seohyun.

K: What are you talking about?

C: Come on! I know you like her. Don't deny it. 

K: But not as much as you, I know that.

C: Yeah right. I can see the way you look at her. You're in love aren't you?

K: I'm sorry, Changmin-ah. I don't know how it happened.

C: No don't apologize. I'm not mad or anything. You guys will be good together. I'm sure she likes you too. Confess!

K: I don't know. I don't want this to ruin our friendship.

C: It won't. She won't. Like you said, I'll find other girls. Don't worry. Tomorrow I will help you get ready to confess to her. Okay?

K: Okay. Thanks Changmin. I promise I'll help you find a new girl. 

C: Thanks. Good night.

K: Night.

I put my phone on the desk and laid down on my bed.

Sungmin-hyung opened the door and walked in.

"You okay there, maknae?" He sat down on my bed.

"Yeah, hyung i'm fine. It's just I met this girl. Changmin likes her too. He confessed to her but got rejected. And now he's helping me get with her. Should I be happy or sad?"

"Well it IS hard to choose between friendship and love, but it IS posible to try to keep those two worlds balanced. I would say to just go for the girl. If Changmin is a true friend, he would understand and let you be with her. And if this girl is the right one, she won't try to break your friendship apart. That is my advice for you."

"Thanks hyung. I'll try to keep them balanced."

"Good to hear. Good night, Kyu."

"Good night."

Sungmin-hyung stood up and walked out of the room.

Keep them balance, huh?

The next day, just like he said, Changmin helped me prepare my confession to Seohyun.

He brought a rose and even helped me fix my hair. 

"Changmin-ah, are you sure this is alright? I mean you did like her first and I just met her."

"Yeah it's fine. It's not about how long you like someone, it's all about how much you like that person. I bet you like her more than me. Okay she's coming! Go! Fighting!"

I saw Seohyun walking alone, looking at a book.

I took a deep deep deep breath and slowly approached her, hiding the rose behind my back.

"Hey Seohyun."

"Oh hey oppa! You're early to school today."

"Yeah. Uhm I have to let you know something."

"Yeah?"

"I know this can be a pressure for you. But I like you...I know that Changmin confessed to you and you might feel burdened that I'm confessing to you the next day. But I just can't hide it anymore. I hope you understand and accept my feelings for you."

I handed her the rose, somewhat avoiding eye contacts. 

She took it and I could tell she was quite shocked, but it seemed to be a good shock.

"I-"

The bell rang and eveyone was rushing to class. 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon came and pulled Seohyun away. 

"Hurry, we'll be late for class!" I heard Hyoyeon said. 

"Man! You didn't get a chance to hear her answer!" Changmin arrived. "Come on, let's get to class."

I was quite relieved that I got it out of my chest. 

Now all I have to do is wait for her answer.