Confession 1

Fate Decides the Word "Us"

Changmin's POV

After the performance was over, I congratulated both Seohyun and Kyuhyun, trying hard not to show any jealousy. 

Wait, did I say jealousy?

I'm NOT jealous! 

Singing together doesn't mean they like each other or they're gonna date right?

I'm seriously regretting ever introducing them to each other. 

But even if I do think of these things, I can't be mad at either Seohyun or Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun and I HAVE been friends for a long time now.

We were neighbors since kindergarten, but he moved the summer before high school. The girls probably didn't remember him because we were hardly in the same classes together but I did hang out with him quite a LOT. 

We still kept in touch through high school and often talked about what was going on with our lives, any cute girls we met, and he would come stay at our house for 2 weeks during the summer.

I was so happy to find out Kyuhyun was going to SM University with me. 

We had so many good memories. 

It hurts me to know that my best friend might have a crush on the girl that I like. 

Will this ruin our friendship?

I mean he knows I like her so maybe he won't confess to her.

But then again Kyuhyun can be unpredictable sometimes. 

Then I guess I'll have to confess to her first. 

"Changmin-ah! Wake up!"

"Jaejoong-hyung, let me sleep."

"Sleep? You know what time it is?"

"It's time to go to school!!!" Yunho-hyung's voice added.

I immediately jumped up, grabbed my clothes, and rushed to the bathroom to find it locked.

"Junsu's in there," Yoochun-hyung said. 

I continuously knocked on the door and about 2 minutes later, Junsu-hyung appeared, irritated.

"Thanks hyung!"

I walked in, washed up, and got out as quickly as possible.

Today I had to look my best. 

"Changmin-ah! Good luck with Seohyun!" Yunho-hyung said and tossed me my bag.

The other hyungs gathered around and smiled at me. 

I gave them a thumb-up and headed out the door. 

I'd never been this nervous and jumpy before in my life so I decided to walk today instead of taking my car.

I just couldn't wait to see Seohyun. 

A voice in the back of my head told me it might not work out but I just shook the thought away and tried to see the positve side.

Even if she doesn't feel the same way, I can give her time to think about it and we can still be friends.

I finally reached the school gate and walked in with confidence. 

During Performance Art class, I tried my best to talk to Seohyun as much as possible. I found by doing that I got more courage to confess to her.

When school was over, I waited for her outside of her classroom.

"Oh! Changmin-oppa! I didn't expect you to be here. I thought your class was all the way across the building."

"It is but I just had to see you."

"See me? For what?"

"Well, uhm, can I walk you home?"

"Sure, I'd like that. The unnies already left so I don't mind walking with you."

"Good." I smiled and she smiled back.

We walked in silence for a little bit until I gained up all the courage I had.

I stopped.

"Oppa, what's wrong?"

"Seohyun-ah, I have to tell you something." 

"Yes?"

"I-I really like you. A lot. Being around you just makes me feel good inside. I want to protect you with all my heart and I won't let anyone hurt you. Please say you feel the same way too." 

SIlence.

I could feel tension heating up but I tried to keep calm.

"O-oppa. I-I..."

"It's a no, huh?"

"I..."

"I understand. But will you please tell me that you'll think about it at least? Please just give me a chance."

I looked deeply into her brown eyes.

"Oppa, it's a bit too sudden. I'm sorry. I don't think of you like that. You're like an older brother to me. You've always been there for me and I really appreciate it, but I don't think I like you the same way."

"I understand...It's Kyuhyun, isn't it?"

She looked surprised.

"So you do have feelings for him?"

She looked down at her feet, avoiding my eyes.

"Well, something tells me he feels the same way too. Go for it before it's too late. I wish you guys best of luck." I forced a smile, but inside I felt as if I've been chopped up into tiny pieces. 

We continued our walk in awkward silence and I left her at her dorm.

Well then, I guess our love will never be.