Don't Leave Me

Fate Decides the Word "Us"

Seohyun's POV

Today was the day.

Many girls dream of this wonderful day where they get to walk down the aisle in white, eye-to-eye with their life-long partner. 

It should be a happy day, right?

I wish.

It's not that I don't like Changmin-oppa at all (I do), but he's not the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. 

I felt tears filling up my eyes as the unnies circled around me.

For the past weeks, they'd been trying their best to convince my parents to stop this marriage, but nothing worked.

I appreciate their effort though.

I looked around the dressing room to see if Kyuhyun-oppa was anywhere around but he wasn't and pain struck my heart. 

"Hey stop crying," Hyoyeon-unnie said, almost pleading, "your makeup is gonna smudge. I know it's not what you imagined your big day to be and I'm sorry we can't do anything to help, but the people won't be happy when they find the bride in tears of sorrow. Come on! Seohyun-ah!"

She wiped my tears with her thumbs and smiled at me.

The other unnies did the same. 

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself.

"If things get tough, you can always run away right?" Sunny-unnie suggested.

I chuckled a bit but shook my head. "No I can't. My parents won't be happy about that. I'm their only child and there's nothing I can do about this marriage."

"Seohyun-ah," Taeyeon-unnie began but before she could finish, the door opened and my father stood there proudly.

"My beautiful daughter! Today's the big day!" He said and Yoona-unnie stood up."Mr. Seo, sir, uhm..I have something to say first."

The others and I stared at her nervously. What is she gonna say?

"As much as I respect your decision," unnie continued, "none of us think Seohyun should marry someone she has no true love for. We both know how much she loves Cho Kyuhyun and I would like if you respect her too. I know she is your only daughter but she deserves to live the life she wants. I remember when I used to walk home with her when we were little, she would always tell me she wants to grow up and be a person that she can be proud of herself for. But how can she do that when she's not true to her parents about how she feels. I know Seohyun tends to be straightforward in things but I think the reason why she's not right now is because you guys aren't listening to her. Sir, please stop this marriage."

That's Yoona for you. 

"She's right, Mr. Seo," Kyuhyun-oppa appeared at the doorway, holding a bouquet, "I love your daughter to death. And I have to say I've never felt that way about anyone else. She means the world to me. Letting her go is a hard decision for me and I'm not willing to do that, no matter what anyone will say. I know you want your daughter to be somewhere safe but I can promise you that I'll protect her forever. Please don't separate us."

There were tears in his eyes, and mine were starting to tear up too.

"Oppa..." I was speechless.

I looked at my dad but his face was dead serious.

"Look everyone, I know you are objecting this marriage but my wife and I know what is best for our daughter. Yoona, we've known you since you were small, and I know you and Seohyun are close, but I don't appreciate you coming here and tell me what to do. And you too, young man." He looked at Kyuhyun-oppa. "We have never had a dinner together so how can I know you'll always be there for my daughter? Changmin-ssi and his family have been close with us for a long time now and I have to admit, I trust them more. Please no more. This marriage is gonna go on, whether you like it or not. Come on Seohyun-ah!"

He held out his hand to me and I stared at it for a while before grabbing it and followed him out. 

I tried to avoid Kyuhyun-oppa's teary eyes but I was just as hurt. 

Everything is over now.

Goodbye, Cho Kyuhyun.