Goodbye My Friend

Fate Decides the Word "Us"

Kyuhyun's POV

The year had gone by so quickly that before I knew it, it was near our graduation. 

Wow.

I've decided to sign with SM Entertainment, SM University's own company, and the company that my hyungs signed with, that trains and perfects young singers and help them debut. 

Making this decision was a bit hard for me because being a full-time trainee means less time for other activities like going on dates with Seohyun, hanging out with Changmin, or staying home with my family. 

But signing with SM means there IS a chance that I might debut as an idol. 

I told Seohyun about this and she supported me 100% of the way. So did Changmin and my family.

"This is amazing, oppa! I think you should. Didn't you say your dream is to become a professional singer? This is your chance. I think you should go for it," Seohyun said the Saturday before graduation, grabbing my hand. 

"But what about you? Won't you miss me?"

She was kinda taken back by my question. She's so cute!

"W-Well of course. But you won't be far. The company is only a block away from our university. And plus we'll have many weekends together. Don't worry." She smiled and I returned the smile. 

When it was time for graduation, I was super nervous. 

I looked over at Changmin and he too looked really nervous but he managed to give me a small smile before we began our graduation ceremony. 

After the ceremony was over, it was time to party!

I walked around to find Seohyun, but couldn't find her. 

"Kyuhyun-oppa!"

I turned around and there she was, with a flower bouquet and a balloon.

"Aww it was supposed to be guys who give girls presents, Seohyun-ah. You don't have to give me this."

"I know, but it's your graduation gift. I'm so happy for you."

She opened her arms wide and I walked into her hug. 

We held our embrace for a moment until Seohyun's unnies came and teased us. 

I blushed and I could tell Seohyun was embarrassed too. 

"Hey, Kyuhyun-ah!"

A group of people approached us and as they came closer, I began to realize who they were. 

"Ah hyung!" It was all of my hyungs, and there were a lot of them. 

"Why are you so surprised?" Heechul-hyung asked as Siwon-hyung wrapped his arm around my shoulders. 

"Well I didn't know you guys were gonna come."

"Did you think we're gonna miss our maknae's college graduation?" Eunhyuk-hyung laughed, showing his gummy smile. 

"Where are the other hyungs?" I questioned, noticing that there were only Heechul-hyung, Siwon-hyung, Eunhyuk-hyung, and Hankyung-hyung there. 

"Oh we were gonna keep it a surprise but-" Hankyung-hyung began but Heechul-hyung covered his mouth.

"Hyung we don't need to keep it a secret. We're already here," Siwon said, then turned to me, "Teuk-hyung is actually hosting this party. Eunhyuk, Donghae, Sungmin-hyung, and Shindong-hyung are gonna do a dance performance. Yesung-hyung, Kangin-hyung, and Ryeowook are gonna sing. And Kibum, Zhoumi, and Henry are probably walking around charming girls with their good looks."

I nodded. Those things seem to be exactly what my hyungs would do. 

The party lasted for about 2 hours and during that time, I introduced Seohyun to my hyungs. 

I was glad that they all seemed to like her a lot. 

A few minutes before Yesung-hyung, Kangin-hyung, and Ryeowook's performance, Changmin texted me to go outside.

He said he had something important to say. 

I went through the back door and found Changmin sitting on one of the benches.

He was staring into space and as I approached, he said, "Hey Cho."

It was weird hearing him call me by my last name because that was how we used to call each other when we first met. Cho and Shim. 

I decided to go along with it. 

"Hey Shim."

He laughed. "I remember when we used to call each other that. It was such a long time ago."

I chuckled. "Yeah it was. So what do you need me for?" I sat down next to him.

"Well," he took a deep breath, "this is hard to say."

"What is it? I can take anything."

"Haha. You always say that. I'm gonna miss you, buddy."

"Miss me? You don't live that far."

"Well I will."

"What?"

"I applied to a Performing Arts School in New York a few months ago. I thought I wouldn't get in. But I got a letter from them last week saying I was accepted. So..."

"Now you're moving to New York?"

"I don't know when I'll be back, I wanted to tell you sooner but I didn't want you to be sad, especially when you're so happy with Seohyun."

"Changmin-ah, I'm not sad. I'm seriously happy for you. Going to New York is a big thing! "

"I know you would say that." He smiled. "I'm leaving tomorrow. So please tell Seohyun for me. If I tell her, it'll be too painful. And take care of her too."

"I will, Shim Changmin."

"You'll always be my best friend, Cho Kyuhyun. Forever."

"Til eternity."

 

 

Sorry guys that there are not a lot of SeoKyu in this one but more of ChangKyu. I love their friendship. Stay tune for upcoming chapters! :) And once again THANK YOU SO MUCH MY SUBSCRIBERS! <3 <3 <3