Being gay

Forever is a long way to go

The brotherly love between Doojoon and Junhyung were once again renewed on stage and the internet poured with a new set of 2jun pictures that the few shippers out in the world happily shared on various social media sites almost instantly. The group of admirers were small but loyal and the new sweet material caused a pile of new fanfictions written in honour of the strong relationship, talking about a phase in which the members had to fight through but happily united in the end. The fantasies were endless and Doojoon silently wondered what the hell he was doing on the internet in the first place.

 

Yoon Doojoon, the charismatic leader of the raising kpop act BEAST, sat in the darkness of the dorm late at night with the computer in his lap after unsuccessfully fighting against the curiosity that were gnawing in his stomach. Nothing but the white shine from the screen provided any light in the silent living room and soft snores could be heard from the other members as they slept soundly in the night. Just like how Doojoon, their responsible leader should be doing.

 

But the boy was stuck, laptop resting on his thighs as he typed in the word 2jun in the searching bar, scrolling through the pictures with concentration and smiling once in a while as a cute picture of Junhyung would appear and chuckling at funny gifs of himself teasing the rapper like he always did.

 

Somehow, Doojoon found himself reading through a couple of fanfics and quickly felt himself heating up at the fantasies he read. Some was sweet, some contained humor and even made him laugh and some were a little more intimate than what was really comfortable for him to read with a good conscience.

 

With a sharp intake of breath, the leader snapped the lid down to snap out of it and rejoin reality before he would become too indulged in the world of kisses and hugs and whatever that story was about to advance into. He shook his head and cleared his throat, embarrassed of himself as he realized he had just killed an hour of sleep reading fanfics and stare at pictures of him and Junhyung together.

 

Quickly, he abandoned the living room and tried to as quietly as he could, climb up the stairs to his own bed with a rising pulse, feeling as if he had just done something illegal, and buried himself under the blankets. He was tired but his heart pounded so hard against his chest that he was unable to sleep right away, his thoughts wandering to the last story he had been reading before closing the lid and he shook his head violently when his mind started to fantasise about what exactly was going to happen in that bathroom.

 

---

 

When Junhyung had woken up that morning, deciding to play with their laptop since he had the day off until evening, the site that welcomed him was not what he had expected. At first he stared at it numbly, blinking several times before actually registering what the text was about.

 

“What the…” he mumbled to himself tiredly as he walked to his bed to lie down on his stomach, the other members were out in the kitchen and waiting for Hyunseung and Dongwoon to prepare some hopefully edible breakfast while the rapper had decided to spend some time for himself.

 

Out of curiosity, the rapper read the text that seemed to involve him and Doojoon and was startled at the intimacy of it before feeling his cheeks burn up in realization. “So this is what they call 2jun, huh…” he murmured to himself and let out a nervous chuckle, unable to stop himself from scrolling further even though it was embarrassing enough to make him squirm in his position on the bed.

 

When the story ended, Junhyung had to pause a moment to actually register that he had just read what he just read and when he did realize it, he quickly made sure to close the browser window before stuffing away the laptop while holding his breath. “What the heck was that?” he said to himself, a little shaken by the very inappropriate things he and Doojoon had been doing in that imaginary bathroom as he paced around the room.

 

Suddenly his mind wandered back to the other day when Doojoon had apologized, or at least he had tried and Junhyung had been maybe a little too quick to forgive the latter, and he remembered how he had woken up in the others arms. The tip of his nose brushing against the tanned skin and their limbs entangled with one another as he was buried against the back of the couch, trapped in between the cushions and the warm body of the leader.

 

Junhyung shook his head, ruffling his brown hair as he couldn’t help but read the wrong things into the event instead of the brotherly love he had always thought of it as. With a weak attempt of trying to shake the absurd thoughts away, he picked up his notepad and began writing down lyrics instead.

 

His pen hovered of the paper as he stared at it with a frown when the only things in his mind consisted of Yoon Doojoon, the weird fanfiction he just read and the moment on the couch. Had they been sleeping together all night, so tightly against each other without him even realizing it?

 

Junhyung groaned and leaned his head against the wall behind him, sitting in an upright position on the bed and paper and pen in front of him. Usually the lyrics would come pouring from inspirational sources from his daily life and inner thoughts about how he analyzed the world around him but today the lyrics would come out plain weird if he actually wrote them down.

 

Things like forbidden love, being an outcast, being gay and even popped up in his head and he let out a light chuckle when he almost wrote down a mixture of them all before realizing that the last thought maybe wasn’t that appropriate, not to mention gay. Junhyung stared blankly at the black lines of the notepad as his thoughts tasted the word. Gay.

 

He had never really thought of it before, they had many male fans that screamed after them on stage but he had never really allowed his mind to wrap itself around the actual word and it’s meaning. He pictured himself with another guy and shuddered a little, it felt weird but strangely he wasn’t that disgusted like how he had first thought he would be.

 

And then a picture of him and Doojoon on the couch squeezed it’s way back through the crowd of pictures in his mind and for a split second, Junhyung imagined them as a pair. In love with each other, just like the fanfiction he had just read, and his imagination created a vision of them both kissing. Doojoon’s soft lips against his own full lips, his big hand roaming up and down his back and his own slender fingers tugging at the leaders black hair.

 

“Woah! Yong Junhyung, what the hell are you thinking?” The rapper snapped out of his daydreaming, startled at how far he had let his brain wander off and abruptly stood up from the bed. He straightened his clothes rather awkwardly and looked around the small room as if making sure nobody had possibly caught him staring, even though it would have been absurd if someone actually knew what he had been thinking.

 

Ruffling his hair one last time in an attempt to shake off the last of the weird imaginations, Junhyung exited the room to join the rest of the members just in time for breakfast. His body automatically sat down beside Doojoon like how he used to, not really thinking much about it until his eyes caught sight of the others lips and suddenly the fantasies all came rushing back to him.

 

The rapper heaved a deep sigh, getting tired of how his brain seemed to work on his own accord and pestered him with thoughts he had never dreamt of ever thinking before. He stared at the moving lips in front of him for a while, watching them purse as the leader talked and pull into a grin, showing perfect white teeth and Junhyung quickly averted his gaze when he realized Doojoon was turning to look at him.

 

Refocusing his vision, Junhyung realised that the boy were holding a pair of chopsticks in front of his mouth, cooing him to open it so he could feed him with the food the cooking team had managed to put together for their breakfast.

 

“Ahh~" Doojoon sang, opening his mouth wide to show the unmoving rapper how it was done and pushed the chopsticks closer to his lips. “Open your mouth.” he demanded when no signs of movement was made.

 

Junhyung reluctantly complied, his thoughts somewhere else and brain working slowly in the storm of strange things that had kept happening to the rapper since he had woken up that morning. He chewed numbly, glancing at the bright grin the leader seemed to wear so early in the morning as if it was the funniest thing watching him chew on food.

 

“Bwoh?!” Junhyung finally retorted, snapping out of his hazy state of mind and threatening the smiling leader with a raised hand, half mad for being laughed at, half mad because that damn smile suddenly seemed strangely attractive in his eyes.

 

Doojoon ignored him and came shortly back with another load of food on his chopsticks which he pushed against Junhyung’s automatically opening mouth with a teasing smile.

 

“Aish! Hajima!” Junhyung complained, mouth full with food as he slumped down in his seat in protest, unable to keep his mouth from opening when next round of chopsticks came poking against his bottom lip. He glared at the chuckling leader as he was unable to speak because of the food in his mouth, watching as the others body rocked with silent laughter and eyes crinkling into handsome crescents.

 

“I see the two are already at it.” Yoseob chuckled from his seat beside Kikwang, his eyes concentrating on the food in front of him and stuffing his face full without sparing a glance to the two bickering members at the end of the table.

 

Kikwang did the same at his side, only humming in response to the others words while munching on his food with his cheeks stuffed. Dongwoon kept glancing at him from across the table, quickly averting his eyes whenever their gazes met and Hyunseung silently smiled to himself as he chewed lightly.

 

The whole group were engrossed in their own world as they ate their breakfast in the morning sun, shining through the windows and causing the small dorm to heat up rather quickly. The days were becoming warmer and warmer with each day as it was soon summer which practically meant their dorm would quickly turn into a sauna under the rays of light.

 

“This is better than I had expected.” Hyunseung acknowledged, nodding while tapping with his chopsticks in approval. “We did a good job, maknae.” he nodded and turned for a high five with the said boy before realizing the vocal was chewing blankly on his chopsticks, totally ignoring his gesture as he stared into space in front of him.

 

Raising his eyebrows in question, Hyunseung followed the members gaze and smirked to himself. He shook his head with a light chuckle before turning back to his food again, filling his cheeks while he silently wondered if there was some kind of trend going around in their particular group. He recognized that gaze, filled with longing and lust, kind of like when you spot an especially tasty cake and your mouth starts to water as your body craves for a taste.

 

Hyunseung wasn’t sure what he felt by the insight of another possible unrequited love in their group and even if it turned out to be mutual then what difference did that make. There were so many things that would be put at risk if a relationship between any of them ever started, just like any other couple out there in the kpop industry. Then again, they were within the same group, hiding behind the walls of the dorm and being spotted together wouldn’t automatically be assumed to be abnormal and start up a scandal.

 

Maybe there was a possibility for it to work out. Hyunseung frowned as he chewed slowly in thought, staring intently at the bowl in his hands. If a heart were broken, if someone got hurt and tossed aside, a relationship ending and rotting into nothing. What would happen then? They need to continue on as a group and splitting up was out of the question, he wouldn’t allow that because it’s far too damaging but how could the members ever act the same around each other after getting their hearts broken.

 

“Whatcha thinkin about?” Yoseob asked, leaning back on his arms as he was done with eating and couldn’t stuff more food into his already very full stomach. He patted the spot with a content sigh as he saw Hyunseung frowning intently at his own bowl of breakfast.

 

“Huh?” Hyunseung replied, slowly shifting his gaze to Yoseob without fully snapping out of his string of thoughts. “Oh...nothing.” he said and reached his chopsticks to his mouth before realizing there were nothing on them.

 

Yoseob chuckled. “Obviously there’s something going on in there.” he stated as he watched the other pick up some rice and stuff it inside his mouth.

 

“Just...thinking.”

 

“About what?” Yoseob leaned forward, pressing the boy to spill whatever it was that made him so concentrated and smiled innocently.

 

Hyunseung contemplated for a moment before deciding to go around the problem with a slightly different approach, just to see the actual reaction and opinions of the group. “Just...What do you think about being gay?” he spilled out, carefully observing the expressions on each of the members faces.

 

Doojoon stopped dead in his task of elbowing Junhyung in the side so the boy was unable to eat, the gesture had been causing him to almost spill out the food in his hands several times and when the leader stopped the rapper hurriedly took a bite.

 

Dongwoon choked on his food and had to gulp down his whole glass of water to be able to breath properly, coughing several times afterwards as Kikwang across the table simply rose his eyebrows in question.

 

“Uhmm...” Yoseob scratched at the nape of his neck and swallowed down his saliva as he tried to form his thoughts around the subject, not really knowing what he thought. “No special opinions, I guess.” he shrugged and looked at the other members.

 

Junhyung who had missed what they were talking about, ignored the conversation and made the best of the, for once, paralyzed Doojoon beside him and chewed on his food in a hurry. The leader on the other hand was feeling rather uncomfortable with the subject, having not told everyone that he was actually gay and not to mention liked someone in their group. He dried his sweaty hands on his thighs and tried to look indifferent even though he knew it wasn’t working that well.

 

“What do you think, maknae?” Yoseob asked, quickly disposing the question on someone else so he didn’t need to be in the spotlight on the topic. It made him unable to gather what he really thought about it as he felt pressed to say something. He wasn’t usually like that but the choice of subject was a special case and a rather sensitive one at that.

 

“M-me?” Dongwoon stammered, poking at himself with his chopsticks and clearing his throat when his voice raised an octave in embarrassment. “Well...I don’t mind...I think.” he replied, unconsciously sending a glance at Kikwang before rapidly stuffing his mouth with the last of the food in his bowl.

 

Kikwang hummed and nodded. “I don’t either, I think. I’m not disgusted by it or anything but I was raised with parents who opposed it.” he informed and also finished his breakfast, placing the bowl down on the table.

 

Yoseob nodded in understanding. “Yeah, there are a lot of older people who oppose it. I guess it’s more accepted in today’s society which I personally think is great. You deserve to be with whom you want to be, right? Regardless if it’s a boy or a girl.”

 

All of the members nodded in agreement to the wise words and Hyunseung felt relieved that the members seemed to be open minded and accepting about gay people in general. He stole a glance at Doojoon who sat silently at the end of the table, half of his food still left as he had been busy teasing the rapper beside him until he had popped the question. He knew that the leaders brain was probably working to it’s max, possibly even thinking of finally coming out to the whole group and letting more than just Hyunseung know the truth.

 

Junhyung shifted his concentration from his food at Yoseob’s statement, finally realizing what they were actually talking about and when thoughts of him and Doojoon flashed before his eyes he choked on the rice as well. He motioned to Dongwoon for a glass of water as he coughed into his arm and thankfully he could blame the reddening cheeks on the choking if anyone asked.

 

Doojoon, who were still trying hard to look casual during the conversation, took the opportunity of distraction and patted the boys back to avoid the topic. “Aigoo~" he said while rubbing the hunched back and watching as the other gulped down the water, avoiding to look too much at the bobbing of the rappers adam’s apple by mistake. He didn’t need to add to his already awkward situation.

 

“Why is everyone suddenly choking.” Yoseob laughed and poked at the struggling Junhyung, obviously gesturing towards the awkward topic they were currently discussing.

 

“I know right.” Kikwang smirked and joined the teasing, unbeknownst to the red tint he caused to another pair of cheeks as well. “What’s your thoughts about this anyway?” he asked curiously, unable to hold back the teasing smile as he expected the answer.

 

Junhyung cleared his raspy voice and recollected himself, glass still in hand as he answered with confidence. “No opinions.”

 

Kikwang rose an eyebrow in unison with Yoseob beside him and they both turned to Doojoon expectantly. The leader only shook his head in response and shrugged his shoulders, the safest reply he could come up with without having to say too much.

 

“...”

 

“Alright then.” Kikwang said and stood up from his seat, signaling that he was letting it drop and wasn’t discussing it any longer. He started cleaning off the table instead and was soon hurriedly joined by Dongwoon who collected all the bowls and glasses with relief washing over him. The boy had been rather embarrassed by the gay topic and it didn’t help that he had been unable to shake the thoughts of Kikwang out of his head the past couple of days.

 

The young boy was still rather innocent, even though his looks didn’t necessarily give that away, and his mind was still open in regards of which he actually preferred. He had automatically assumed that he liked girls all his life since that was normal and how it was suppose to be but lately his naughty mind seemed to contain images of someone who was clearly not a girl.

 

It was stressful for the maknae, he was still in search of an identity and your ual orientation was a big part of yourself which caused confusion and questions to arise in his mind. He wanted and needed to figure it out, just so he could go on with his life with one more piece of himself affirmed.

 

Dongwoon sighed inwardly and stared at the musculus back of Kikwang who stood by the counter, rinsing the dishes under the water before placing them inside the dishwasher. The muscles flexed under the t-shirt and the broad shoulders of the other was clearly visible under the fabric, causing a rush of hormonal lust to flow through Dongwoon’s body as he was unable to tear his gaze away.

 

Kikwang looked over his shoulder as he sensed someones peering eyes in the back of his head, their eyes locked and Dongwoon inhaled sharply when those mesmerizing eyes caused a sudden swirl of butterflies in his stomach and a skip of his beating heart.

 

Just what the hell was going on?

---

Updating again! A sligthly longer chapter this time, I hope you will enjoy it and that my writing in this doesn't seem too rushed when you read. It tends to shine through my texts when I write because my personality is a little like that, a lot of energy...xD

More Kiwoon in this, as wished by kkaepsongyehet ^^ hehe, you're welcome ;3 And thank you again for the comment! It was lovely, gave me the idea of bringing up the gay subject as well <3

Thank you all who has subscribed, I hope you will stay with me and continue commenting so I know what to improve and you know...eventual wishes you have and opinions in general. More 2jun in next chapter if all goes as planned!

Bye~