Apologies to a broken heart

Forever is a long way to go

To say that Yoseob was exhausted when he woke up the next day were a huge understatement, the dark circles under his puffy eyes served as a proof to that and as he opened his eyes there were trails of tears still painting his face. He felt sticky and wanted to wash up but his body seemed to be much heavier than normal, making it hard for Yoseob to actually make a move at all.

 

He heaved a deep sigh as he thought back to the anger he had shown the day before, finding no trace of the strong emotion inside him any longer but only sadness and pain. He felt a little ashamed by his actions, for how angry he had been and how irrationally he had been thinking that night. Yesterday he was furious by the betrayal but today he only felt drained and sad.

 

Yoseob forced himself out of the bed, feeling as if his body were disconnected from his brain and refused to obey. The blonde boy were surprised to find Hyunseung sound asleep on a wooden chair by the bed, his mouth hanging slightly open as his head hung forward in a rather uncomfortable position.

 

"Hyung..." Yoseob called out and poked the others thigh, making the boy flutter his eyes a little before slowly lifting his head. "You shouldn't sleep like that, hyung. It's not good for your ba-" Hyunseung pulled the blonde boy into a tight hug, not bothering to listen to the words as a strong feeling of remorse filled him upon the sight of the tear stained face.

 

"I'm sorry, Yoseob-ah...I'm so so sorry." Hyunseung apologized pleadingly, his breath against Yoseob's blonde silky hair as he tightened the hug almost to the point where he crushed the body in his arms.

 

Yoseob relaxed and buried his face in the crook of the others neck, thankful for the secure embrace that provided just the comfort he needed for his gloomy spirit. "For what?" He asked against the warm skin as he closed his eyes, sleepiness washing over him despite his previous slumber.

 

"Everything." Hyunseung breathed. "I'm sorry that you had to go through what you did, that your heart was crushed and stomped on and most of all...that I made you confess and caused it to happen in the first place."

 

Yoseob reluctantly pulled away from the others warmth with a frown. Hyunseung were avoiding his gaze with a solemn look on his face and kept staring into his lap with such a guilty look that Yoseob slapped his thigh in irritation. "Yah~! It's plenty enough with just me moping around here!" He scolded and mustered up a small smile, even though it was hard and his insides twisted by just the small act. "Besides, it's not your fault anyways. You were just being a good friend...just like how you were suppose to be. I promise."

 

"Are you sure?" Hyunseung asked and peaked up at the other through his eyelashes as he searched the boys face. Yoseob smiled and nodded reassuringly to convince him that he didn't think of it that way. Hyunseung saw how the smile were forced, not quite reaching the boys eyes and remained shallowly empty on the others lips. But Hyunseung also recognized the others will to try and it hurt him to see how hard it was for him to hide the real feelings in his heart.

 

"How are you?"

 

It was a simple question, just three short words, but combined with the warm hearted intentions of the one speaking it, the meaning could become undeniably strong and Yoseob almost immediately felt himself tear up by the simple sentence. Hyunseung's eyes were filled with an honest concern and the brown orbs showed that the question weren't shallow but one he actually wanted an answer to and suddenly Yoseob wasn't sure how to.

 

"It hurts." He confessed and clutched at the front of his shirt where his heart were painfully beating as he closed his eyes. "I feel hurt and betrayed and...I don’t know what to do.” he shook his head, the blonde strands dancing along his head and Hyunseung sat up to sit beside the boy. He heard the small sniffles and immediately slung his arms around the small form, burying the others face to his chest as he rested his chin against the top of his crown.

 

“I know it may not be worth anything and that no matter what I say, it won’t mend your heart...but Dongwoon didn’t mean for this to happen.” Hyunseung softly said into the room, rocking the body slightly in his arms as Yoseob buried his face even deeper into the fabric of the others white tee. “He wants to give you a chance, Yoseob-ah. I’ll help you so please accept the offer, okay? I don’t want you to think that you lost your first love unfairly.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Yoseob pulled away from the embrace with a confused look on his face and studied Hyunseung’s face. “What are you saying?”

 

“I’m saying it’s too early to give up.” Hyunseung smiled a little, wiping a few tears that had escaped from the others eyes and made another trail among the rest on his cheeks. “Kikwang is willing to give you a chance, Yoseob-ah. To give both of you a chance, and I’m saying you should take it. Make the best of it, show him what you have to offer.”

 

Yoseob blinked. He wasn’t sure what to feel, should he be happy and jump around the room or nervous because he was expected to show what he had to offer to the main dancer or perhaps he should still be moping around because Dongwoon still betrayed him in the first place.

 

“Yah~ You should be happy that you’re given an equal chance.” Hyunseung smiled as if he had been hearing the confusion inside Yoseob’s brain. “This means that Dongwoon’s confession doesn’t matter anymore...Come on, let’s get you washed up and come up with a plan to seduce your love.” he grinned and dragged the blonde boy off the bed, the other stumbling after him in a daze as he still didn’t know what exactly was going on.

 

***

 

“Oh! ...I-I’m sorry, I-.” Junhyung stuttered, gulping down his suddenly dry throat as he awkwardly looked down on the floor upon the sight of an half- Doojoon standing in the middle of the room. The rapper eyes flickered to anything but the leader’s form as a pink color rose to his cheeks, his hand still plastered on the door handle and Doojoon couldn’t resist the small smirk that curled his lips.

 

It was the first encounter between just the two of them since the incident in the company building and the air was almost immediately filled with a thick awkward tension as both of them replayed the scene upon the sight of each other. “It’s not like it’s nothing you haven’t seen before.” Doojoon joked and pulled a shirt over his head, much to Junhyung’s relief as the muscles on the leader’s back were flexing in a way that made the rapper think of very inappropriate thoughts in the doorway.

 

The boy hesitated for a moment, not knowing if it was okay to the enter the room with the suffocating air squeezing at his lungs but he needed to fetch new clothes in order to wash up and rinse the summer sweat from his body. “Uhmm...I-I was just gonna fetch some c-clothes.” Junhyung felt his voice cracking, wavering as the words left his mouth and he cursed at himself for making the already awkward situation into an embarrassing one too.

 

Doojoon chuckled and watched with amusement as the rapper scurried over the floorboards and opened his wardrobe to pick out his clothes for the day. As always the pieces of fabric were folded neatly into piles, organized and tidy just like Junhyung wanted it to be. The leader were still fascinated at how clean the boy were able to keep his wardrobe when his own were the complete opposite, a mess in which finding anything wearable could sometimes be a challenge even for him, nonetheless anyone else.

 

“This one looks nice on you.” Doojoon said and picked out a black vest with a soft fabric that he especially liked Junhyung wearing, it showed off his slightly toned arms and milky white skin and the piece of clothing were perfect over a simple white tee. The leader held it up to the surprised rapper and pushed it into the others arms, secretly enjoying the flustered look on the otherwise tough rapper as he picked out a white tee and a pair of simple jeans shorts to pair with the short sleeved cover jacket.

 

Junhyung wasn’t sure how to act with the other so close to him, rummaging through his clothes as if he owned it and if his face wasn’t burning with embarrassment or his throat wasn’t drying up from the closeness he probably would have scolded him for messing up the neat piles. But everything that filled the rappers mind when he watched the others back, paralyzed to the floor, was the fact that he wanted to feel those lips pressing against his own once again. There was a growing lust tickling him on the inside of his stomach, it’s presence impossible to deny and Junhyung took a sharp intake of breath when a jolt rocked his body. Going directly to his lower region at the sight of a single water drop escaping Doojoon’s still damp hair, trickling down the leader’s neck to finally disappear under the hem of his shirt.

 

Junhyung’s face flushed as he awkwardly cleared his throat and tried to look indifferent, feeling guilty for the instinctive reactions of his body and the thoughts in his mind. Doojoon turned around and smiled proudly when he found the perfect pair of jeans shorts, a slightly lighter color with a ripped hole on the right thigh, and nodded approvingly. “Take these.” he said and pushed them into Junhyung’s arms who gladly took the opportunity to get the hell out of there before something extremely embarrassing would happen, thinking that his job there were done.

 

“Junhyung.” Doojoon called before the rapper could reach the door, smiling smugly when the boy frowned at him in annoyance, wanting nothing more than to escape from the thick tension that he still couldn’t quite define. “You forgot underwear.”

 

Junhyung widened his eyes slightly and glanced at the pile of clothes in his hands, which indeed didn’t include anything along the lines of boxers. Doojoon snickered at his expression and threw a pair of underwear from the rapper’s wardrobe at him, hitting the boy straight in the face with the item. “Eww…” Junhyung groaned and shook off the offending clothing from his face, only to be greeted with the leader trying extremely hard to hold back his laughter as his whole body shook.

 

“Aish…” Embarrassed and humiliated, Junhyung exited the room with a grumpy expression on his face. “Stupid leader. Making me awkward...” he grumbled and stepped into the washroom in a hurry, feeling his cheeks burn from the previous encounter.

 

***

 

“Stand closer to each other for god sake! Geez, are you afraid of each other or something?” The director scolded angrily and heaved a deep sigh as he pressed his fingers to his temple. “No, this won’t do! Dongwoon, lay an arm around Yoseob and smile. Smile! Okay?! Both of you!” he pointed at the silent members with a furious tone to his voice as the one hour photo shoot were dragging on much longer than expected and his patience were finally wearing thin.

 

It was awkward. Everything was just plain awkward and so forced that the director hadn’t managed the get even one decent picture out of the two members. Nothing was genuine and both looked afraid to even lay a single finger on the other, one of them filled with guilt and the other too hurt to let it go. The maknae knew he was in the wrong, that what he accidentally did had caused a lot of damage to their loyal friendship but at the same time he felt unfairly treated because he was hurt by Yoseob first. He had gone through a lot when the older boy confessed his love for Kikwang and he wished he could tell him that they both screwed up but then he would remember, that Yoseob didn’t know. Dongwoon knew. And that was the difference between their mistakes.

 

Dongwoon obeyed the directors scolding orders and slung his big tanned arm around Yoseob’s shorter frame beside him and leaned closer to the boy, whispering into his ear while the director kept shouting instructions upfront. “I’m truly sorry, hyung.” he apologized and faked a smile to the camera. “I wish you could forgive me. I know what I did was wrong and I’m really sorry, Yoseob-hyung. I just don’t know how to fix it.”

 

Yoseob also faked a smile to the camera, trying to match the happy concept even though he was sweating like crazy under the huge winter jacket the stylists had forced them to wear. It was summer season, which meant commercials and photoshoots for the winter was on everyones list and every year the concept seemed to be the same. Happiness. Sell the clothes with your big smiles.

 

But Yoseob weren’t that happy and he could see how Doojoon watched the shooting from afar with an anxious look on his face as he waited for his turn, glancing at the obviously impatient director. However, the arm slung over Yoseob’s shoulder and the words of apology which the maknae had whispered into Yoseob’s ear were still, despite the hard feelings, curing to his heart.

 

He felt it mend together piece by piece, the cracks slowly closing by the soft and genuine words traveling through his ear. He was unable to hold on to the feelings that once clouded his heart and silently watched them fly away until his chest was much lighter than before, his mind clearer and forgiving even. “I know, Dongwoon-ah. I can’t stay angry at you for long anyways.” Yoseob whispered back with a small sigh before he mustered up a genuine smile, making Dongwoon flash a similar one out of relief and surprise.

 

“Are you still angry at me?”

 

Yoseob felt silly all of a sudden by the question, like it made him realize how childish his previous feelings of anger and betrayal had been and the amount of time he had wasted on it. He couldn’t stay angry for long, it drained too much energy from his tired body and mind, and it seemed pointless to him. “I forgive you, Dongwoon-ah.” he whispered back and felt a light squeeze to his shoulders as Dongwoon grinned wildly at his answer.

 

The relief was so great that even the nagging director were surprised by the sudden genuine smiles on the two faces and when Dongwoon picked the blonde boy up from the floor, making Yoseob gasp and laugh from surprise, the man nodded frantically and made big thumbs up at them. The joy was even contagious and the camera men wore a faint smile on their lips as they proceeded to take shots off the two laughing members, getting some pretty good pictures in a matter of seconds.

 

“Alright! You’re done!” The director finally called out to the boys, relieved that the photo shoot were at last over after extending into two full hours for only just the two of them and they still had more to go. “Okay, next! Let’s go!” he ushered for them to hurry up and waved in the next pair of members for the shooting. Hyunseung and Doojoon bowed and hurriedly scurried over the floor, feeling anxious under the man’s already worn patience as they immediately started posing in front of the cameras to buy some time.

 

Junhyung swallowed down hard as he watched Doojoon’s bright smile and crinkling eyes from the sideline, the leader’s handsome features and contagious laughter making him feel uncomfortably awkward again. He knew how he felt, deep down he knew exactly what these tickling feelings in his stomach meant but saying it out loud, to confess it to himself were a line Junhyung weren’t ready to cross just yet. Maybe he was a coward but he didn’t dare taking the leap out of uncertainty, he didn’t know if the kiss had just been a mistake that Doojoon actually regretted and since neither made a move, Junhyung remained still as well.

 

“Ahh~ I’m so relieved those two made up!” Kikwang exclaimed and appeared beside Junhyung, making the latter jump a little as he was disturbed in his deep thoughts of Doojoon. “I don’t know what I’d do if they were still fighting because of me…Well, It’s not exactly because of me but yeah...you know what I mean.” Kikwang spoke awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck by his own choice of words.

 

Junhyung chuckled softly, glad to be distracted from his wandering thoughts and the undeniable attraction he felt for their leader, which he still wouldn’t admit existed. “So...what now? I mean, who are you going to choose?” Junhyung asked curiously. “Will you even choose one of them? I thought you liked girls…” he continued and glanced at Kikwang who were suddenly rather awkward as a hint of pink colored his ears.

 

“Uhhh...I don’t know yet.” The main dancer answered and stole a glance behind him to make sure the other two members were out of hearing. “I don’t really know what I prefer...yet...but I think Hyunseung had some kind of plan for all this...If I even want to know what that is, of course.”

 

“Good point. You never know what he’ll come up with.” Junhyung laughed and shook his head. “His mind is really no joke. I swear he’s from some other planet or something.” he joked and Kikwang laughed at that.

 

“Yeah, we’ll see what the alien is planning back home at the dorm later.”


---

Okay, I have to admit that this whole chapter were completely squeezed out of my head, it took AGES to write it down and I feel so tired just trying to keep track of every members emotions right now...So I'm sorry if there are any mistakes regarding that. >_< This chapter is sort of a filler just to get some things down before the whole Kikwang thingy kicks off in next chapter...look forward to that! <3

Thank you for the lovely comments as always~<3

Bye~