A confession turned to betrayal

Forever is a long way to go

“Arghh!” Yoseob screamed in fury as he punched the hard wall with an anger so evident it made Kikwang flinch, the emotions so strong and unlike the boys cheerful nature that a shiver ran down the main dancers spine along with a lump of guilt following it.

 

“Yoseob, I’m sorry. I...I thought you knew...I-” Kikwang stuttered, suddenly feeling small in front of Yoseob’s raging emotions, filling the room in a heavy weight as the boy’s eyes started to fill with desperate tears and Kikwang felt helpless in his position watching the others trembling back.

 

“You’re sorry?!” Yoseob snorted, fist still connected with the wall as he inhaled short angry breaths. “If someone should be sorry...it’s Dongwoon.” he said through gritted teeth, the pain in his chest unbearably squeezing his broken heart in a way that left him fighting for air and the surge of emotions inside him had gathered into a big fit of anger. The blonde boy didn’t know who or what he was angry at, only that Dongwoon seemed the easiest person to attack in his state of irrational thinking and that it was easier for him to blame than to accept.

 

“He should have told me…” Yoseob whispered lowly as he let his fist fall by his side. “He...he knew and still…” he squeezed his eyes shut and felt a tear run down his cheek in a pitiful attempt to empty out the feelings in his heart, to ease the pain and let it all out but the blonde boy were fighting the tears back for as long as he could. “I told him...like a fool I told him how I felt and-”

 

Yoseob inhaled sharply and let out a shuddering breath and Kikwang took the opportunity to approach him with cautious steps, in the corner of his eye he could see Dongwoon making a call with frantic fingers with a guilty look on his face. “Yoseob-ah…” Kikwang called out, trying to reach a hand to place it on the others shoulder but the blonde boy shoved him away in anger and disappointment.

 

“I told him I loved you…” Yoseob said with a hoarse voice, the tears running down freely against his cheeks as he no longer had the strength to hold them back. He breathed quickly and shallow, struggling to get air into his lungs as he choked on his streaming tears. “....I-I c-can’t believe he betrayed me like that.”

 

Kikwang shuddered, he didn’t have to feel it but the guilt inside him were so blatantly obvious that it made him tear up at the scene in front of him, feeling powerless and defenseless against the tears that painted the others cheeks. He wanted to reach out a hand, to apologize as he rocked the small fragile body back and forth in his protective arms, but Yoseob were too broken, too shattered that Kikwang were unable to be the one to put him back together.

 

“Yoseob-hyung...I-I’m so s-sorry...I didn’t mean to...i-it was a mistake I-I promise-” Dongwoon sniffled, no longer trying to hold back the heavy tears of indescribable shame and remorse of the crime he knew he had committed. He was the reason for breaking the blonde boys heart and the one responsible for the mess that he knew he could have avoided, but like a fool he selfishly and greedily had given in to his own feelings in his heart and confessed, regardless the blonde boys own pent up feelings.

 

Yoseob gritted his teeth at the sight of the maknae’s face, a new surge of emotional anger finding it's way to the surface and engulfing his painful chest. “You!” he shouted, pointing a trembling finger at Dongwoon's regretful face, not seeing nor wanting to see the evidence of guilt in the brown orbs. Yoseob were too angry, so utterly betrayed that he chose to turn a blind eye to it as the emotions didn't serve to ease the pain away. "Why did you do it?! Why Dongwoon?! WAE?!" he screamed, a desperate cry to let out the suppressed aching in his chest and turn the anger towards someone, just someone to relieve the storm of emotions that suffocated him inside. "You knew how I felt!"

 

“I-I’m sorry...I swear I didn’t mean to-Yoseob-ah...just listen.” Dongwoon pleaded, trying to approach the trembling form as tears ran down his cheeks from the regretful squeeze in his chest, painfully knocking the air out of his lungs. “I never intended to go behind your back, I swear.”

 

Yoseob stepped backwards, his body colliding with the wall as he shook his head violently at the words. His mind refused to accept the pleads coming from the maknae’s lips and as he met eyes with Kikwang’s worried and desperate gaze, his heart contrasted in such a painful way he lost the air in his lungs. He slid down the wall, fighting for just an ounce of oxygen as he fisted the front of his shirt, vaguely hearing the sounds of approaching footsteps and shouting voices in his ears.

 

The sounds were jumbled and barely audible for the blonde boy to pick them up, his mind too clouded and exhausted to make out the voices which called his name, desperately calling and calling until the exhaustion and denial of the outcome of his tragic destiny took over and the blonde boy drifted into a deep sleep.

 

***

 

Junhyung watched the sleeping form with a worried gaze, seated by the bed in a chair as Hyunseung paced around the room in a frantic manner. Yoseob had been out for half an hour but the shouting voices and the painful cries still ringed through the dorm as a gloomy remainder of the event that had just taken place. The blonde boy had been crying in his sleep, curling up into a protective ball as he frowned deeply, leaving Junhyung unable to move away in fear of leaving the other alone in his pain.

 

Hyunseung kept biting his nails, constantly blaming himself for not seeing it coming and stopping it before it ever broke out. He should have known Dongwoon’s feelings, he should have noticed the signs and the gaze of the others orbs and he shouldn’t have made the mistake to encourage Yoseob’s love. But he had trusted Doojoon, seeing the leader becoming closer with the maknae during his hardest time and he had failed to grab the knowledge of Dongwoon’s equal love to the one of Yoseob’s.

 

He knew he was part of this, having been the one to talk the blonde boy into confessing his feelings and if that just hadn’t happened, if he just hadn’t made that dumb oblivious choice, then all this could have been avoided. And Hyunseung blamed himself for that, feeling as if he had betrayed his responsibility as a friend and a member of the group itself.

 

Out in the living room, Dongwoon sat with his face buried in his hands in defeat, drained and dejected by the unexpected brawl he knew he had caused. He felt Kikwang’s weight beside him on the couch, dipping in the cushions and when the boy reach out a hand to rub against his back Dongwoon abruptly rose from his seat to avoid the touch. He didn’t need nor want pity from s and the particular touch of the dancers hand made his heart contrast in guilt once again, feeling as if it was a crime to even look at Kikwang’s brown orbs and that every second in the same room only deepened the scar of betrayal.

 

Doojoon wore a disappointed frown on his face as he stared at the two males in front of him, wanting an explanation for the ruckus he was met with the moment they had entered the dorm and the tears that had seemed to leave a trail on more than one boys cheek that night. “You better tell me what the hell is going on right now before I seriously snap someones head off.” he growled through gritted teeth, trying hard to stay calm as he glared angrily at the two boys who squirmed under his strong gaze. “Are you not telling me?!” he raised his voice angrily at the lack of answer and Dongwoon inhaled a shuddering breath.

 

“I-It’s my fault, hyung.” the maknae confessed with a heavy heart, feeling fresh new tears burn in his throat and he pushed them back as he didn’t want to show how broken he felt inside, he didn’t have the right to cry when he had shattered someone elses heart. “Leave Kikwang out of this...he had no idea.”

 

“About what? You better give me some ing answers, Dongwoon.” Doojoon threatened, sensing at the back of his mind that maybe he’s using his superior position too far. But he was too disappointed and furious at s for even letting a situation like this flare up between them that he didn’t care how dominating he sounded at the moment.

 

Dongwoon took a deep breath, not allowing the lump of tears to grow as he closed his eyes in order to calm down. “A while back, Yoseob came to me and confessed…” he started with hesitation in his cracking voice. “...he told me he liked Kikwang and at that time I had already figured out my own feelings. I was heartbroken, hopeless and in pain by the knowledge of sharing the same person of interest. That’s when you came along, supporting me when I had a hard time and made me think of something else.”

 

Doojoon listened carefully to the words with disbelief, the sentences leaving the others lips as if the content were normal but as it reached the leaders ears, his brain had a hard time making out the true meaning behind them. “Wait.” he said and reached up a hand to stop the maknae from talking any further. “Are you saying that Yoseob likes Kikwang...and you do too...but Yoseob confessed his feelings to you, causing you to fall into depression?” he summed up and glanced at Kikwang seated on the couch, the boys gaze avoiding to look into his eyes in embarrassment.

 

Dongwoon nodded. “Deh…” he confirmed and scratched the back of his head in an awkward manner by the leaders harsh choice of words to describe the state he had been at that time.

 

“And then what happened? What caused this mess?” Doojoon asked and crossed his arms, still observing Kikwang from the corner of his eye. The boy seemed to feel guilty and embarrassed by the situation.

 

“I confessed to Kikwang.” Dongwoon revealed and lowered his head, feeling so ashamed by his irrational actions that night when he had let the pain take the best of him. “I wasn’t in my right state of mind...I got angry and...I confessed. It just blurted out of me...I’m sorry.” he apologized and inhaled deeply, trying to get some air into the chest that seemed to be getting smaller by the second.

 

“I got angry first, Dongwoon.” Kikwang spoke up, not liking how the maknae seemed to take all the blame and rose from his seat as well. “I scolded him…” he acknowledged and turned to the frowning Doojoon, the leader undeniably concentrated at the task of putting the puzzle pieces together in his mind. “...and I provoked him. It’s not all his fault.”

 

Dongwoon snorted. “Don’t act so nice, hyung. Aren’t you even disgusted by all this? I like you. Yoseob likes you. I knew but I confessed my feelings behind my friends back as if I didn’t know a thing...This is all my fault and you know it.”

 

Doojoon held up a hand against Dongwoon’s chest as a sign that it was enough, he didn’t want to hear more of the self destructive words coming out of that mouth and Kikwang seemed thankful by the action to stop it. “Alright, that’s enough. I don’t want to know of anyone in here going around with self harming thoughts, okay?”

 

Dongwoon just glared at Kikwang, feeling angry at the boy for being so damn nice to him when he obviously didn’t deserve even an ounce of that kindness. He felt so lost in his guilt he didn’t even know how to solve the mess he had started, he needed someone to guide the light out of the dark tunnel but he didn’t know how to reach out his hand for help.

 

Doojoon sighed. “Sit down.” he demanded and pushed lightly at the two boys shoulders until they connected with the couch and slumped down on the cushions. “No matter whose fault this is, we have to do something about it, you understand?” he asked them both with the authoritative aura surrounding him again, he felt how much s needed that someone to lean on that will stay strong even through the wildest storms and as a leader he knew that role was his to fill.

 

Doojoon continued when the boys nodded. “I think the best thing to do right now is to give both of you an equal chance.” he announced and watched the confusion flash across the members faces. “Yoseob…” he said and nodded towards the closed bedroom door. “...and you.” he looked over at Dongwoon meaningly, making the maknae widen his eyes in realization.

 

The younger boy tried to say something, his mouth opening and closing but nothing came to his mind. “It’s the best way.” Doojoon cut him off with an acknowledged nod. “But it’ll be hard on you, Kikwang...will you be alright?” he asked seriously and turned to the quiet main dancer who fiddled with his fingers in his lap.

 

“We could cut it off completely.” Doojoon suggested when Kikwang didn’t answer. “Maybe that’s better…” he mumbled quietly and scratched the back of his head as he began pacing in front of the couch in thought. “Yeah...maybe it’s better to just let all this go? We could act as if it never happened.”

 

“Would that be alright?.” Kikwang spoke up, his gaze plastered at his hands and still fiddling with them nervously. “I should give them a chance, right?...even if I have to choose one of them...it still feels wrong to reject them completely even after all this.” he said and gestured towards the loud quarrel from earlier that still laid as a thick tension in the room. “If Yoseob agrees.” he finished and hesitantly glanced at Dongwoon beside him, wondering if he had made the right choice.

 

“Are you sure?” The leader asked and Kikwang nodded, a little hesitant but still unable to look past the honest and warmful confessions he had received. “Alright...then we’ll discuss this with Yoseob later.” Doojoon declared and ran a hand across his face tiredly, feeling exhaustion taking over his body as they finally seemed to have a plan of some sort and he was allowed to relax.

 

Dongwoon felt relieved by Kikwang's words, feeling as if a tiny ray of light were shining in his dark tunnel and that if he and Yoseob were given an equal chance it could be solved after all. But the betrayal would still be there and the fact that Dongwoon went behind his friends back would still remain.

 

“Why are you so accepting with all this?” The maknae suddenly asked, curious of the leaders seemingly calm reaction to the events that had taken place within the group.

 

“I’m not.” Doojoon simply answered. “But someone has to stay sane when all of you are going berserk and starts falling in love with each other.” he halfheartedly joked and gestured towards all the members. “And you guys, need to go to bed.” he said seriously and watched as the two boys groaned, sleep being the last thing on their task list at the moment. “Don’t whine at me and just do as I say.”

 

“Yeh~” Both of the boys said in unison and rose from the couch while Doojoon watched them from behind, heaving a deep sigh when they were out of sight. He let his body collapse on the cushions of the sofa, dropping his leader facade and replacing it with a deep worried frown as he thought back to their previous conversation. The events weren’t exactly what the leader had expected when he got out of bed that morning and he wasn’t particularly able to melt the information either. He felt way too tired to think it over and fell asleep on the cushions instead.

 

Kikwang didn’t sleep in the maknae’s bed that night. He didn’t crawl out of the blankets to lie beside the warm body but stayed in his own cold bed with a heavy heart. The responsibilities weighing heavy on his shoulders as he held two of his fellow members hearts in his hands, one in each, and the decision to drop one of them was a difficult choice.


---

Hello again~! First of all, I just wanna say thank you for all of the comments you guys sent me after the last chapter, I guess the cliffhanger had it's affects on ya~! >///< This is a slightly shorter chapter, I didn't want it to be longer in order for you to melt what I actually wrote and I hope it's clear enough for you to understand what exactly is going on >3< I'm sry if something is hard to understand or if you can't really grasp the situation...>///<

Thank you again for reading~ I love ya all!

Bye~