But When A Heart Breaks

Pure Pain, Undiluted

The AN Jell concert that Saturday was very successful, and it was also the opportunity for the fans to celebrate Tae Kyung's advance fake birthday.

The next day, Sunday morning past ten.

The dorm was up and about, as the president had booked the restaurant in Park Hyatt for Tae Kyung's fake birthday. They were totally getting ready.

MI Nyu looked at herself in the mirror. Her face was immaculate, her hair was perfect, and her makeup, beautiful. She had asked Coordi Noona regarding makeup stuff, and now, she is confident to put it herself. She wore the necklace and the bracelet, and checked herself again. She was dazzling.

Mi Nam came in her room and saw her totally beautiful indeed.

"Ya, do you have shoes for that?" he asked.

"Ye," she said as she showed him the shoes.

"Aish, that looks too plain. Wait, I'll give you a pair of shoes," he said.

Later, Mi Nam came in, bringing a paper bag. When Mi Nyu looked at it, she looked at the shoes intently. Hmm....

"You like it?" the twin brother asked, and she nodded.

*****

The twins linked arms with each other as they exited the room. They were met with Shin Woo, who looked dazzling with his black coat and tie outfit. When Shin Woo saw Mi Nyu looking so beautiful, he felt blood rushing to his face.

"O, Hyung, you look good!" Mi Nam said.

"Ah... gomawo," he replied.

Then, he noticed the shoes. He looked at Mi Nyu and walked away.

"Hyung?" Mi Nam asked.

Mi Nyu saw the expression on his face, as if he was hurt. Then, she remembered the time when He Yi made her wear a pair of shoes which the fairy claimed was fit for her, the innocent girl. And when Shin Woo saw it, he looked totally hurt. Then Mi Nyu bent down to look at her shoes.

The shoes.

No wonder the shoes looked familiar.

"Oppa, where did you get these shoes?" she asked.

"Oh, I got it from Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nam answered casually. "Wae?"

"Uh... just asking," she said.

"You know, Shin Woo was about to throw those shoes when I stopped him from doing that. I was supposed to give it to He Yi, but eversince our breakup, I never got the chance to give those to her. So I thought of throwing it away, but also never got the chance. So, it was fortunate that I remembered the shoes today," Mi Nam said.

Mi Nyu nodded as she looked at Shin Woo's direction.

"Hmm... seeing that he bought it, and how the shoes fit you perfectly, I have a hunch that he purposely bought it for you," he said.

"Oppa..." she said softly.

********

The occasion in the hotel lasted up until dinner, and the rest of AN Jell were already tired. Only Tae Kyung stayed behind with the president, the manager, and the stylist.

Jeremy, Mi Nam, and Mi Nyu decided to watch some flicks on TV.

"Let's go foreign today," Mi Nam suggested.

"I agree," Jeremy said with conviction.

"Should we wake Shin Woo-hyung up to watch TV with us?" Mi Nam asked.

"Let's not. Let's just give it to him as a gift," Jeremy said.

For once, Mi Nam and Jeremy agreed on things.

"What are we watching tonight?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Dunno," Jeremy said. "Let's just skim through all the channels until we get to foreign movies. Hope there are subs."

"I agree," Mi Nam said with conviction.

Mi Nyu let out a smile. Finally, her oppa and her friend were getting along well.

******

The three of them were glued to the TV screen, and they were watching the movie "One More Chance." There were heartbreaking scenes, and they were totally crying. Mi Nam's nose was constantly running, Jeremy kept on biting the pillow, and Mi Nyu rubbed her face and her eyes. Good thing Aunt Mi Ja was nowhere to be found, or she would turn off the TV set. And thank goodness for subtitles.

Then came the of the story. The male character, Popoy, and the female character, Basha, were arguing regarding the plan that she made for his aunt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_More_Chance_%282007_film%29

His girlfriend called, and she walked out in anger, so he followed her. Their altercation continued until Basha finally admitted that she was the problem. She thought she was OK with Popoy moving on, but she could not even congratulate him for his new love. She could not blame him for their breakup because she wanted it. But her heart suddenly realized something. Then came the memorable lines in the movie.

     Basha: Kasi ang totoo, umaasa pa rin akong sabihin mo: Sana ako pa rin. Ako na lang. Ako na lang ulit. (Because the truth is, I am still hoping that you'll say that I'm still the one. Let it be me. Let it be me again.)

Basha was pleading to him, but Popoy was adamant with his decision.

      Popoy: Mahal ko si Trisha. (I love Trisha.)

      Basha: Alam ko. Alam ko.... (I know. I know....)

Basha was already crying, and Popoy could not help but make her realize his heartaches and frustrations at her.

     Popoy: She loved me at my worst. You had me at my best, but binalewala mo lang ang lahat…  (She loved me at my worst. You had me at my best, but you took all of it for granted…)

Basha looked at him with hurt in her eyes that she had to explain.

     Basha: Popoy, ganyan ba talaga ang tingin mo? I just made a choice! (Popoy, is that how you truly see it? I just made a choice!)

And Popoy could not hold his tears any longer, so he answered in the most heartbreaking way.

     Popoy: And you chose to break my heart.

Popoy walked away in tears, leaving Basha crying her heart as well.      

 

 

-- sorry no subs T_T

Jeremy, Mi Nyu, and Mi Nam were already crying when they read the subs.

"Man, how cool was that! She loved me at my...what was that again?" Mi Nam said.

"So heartbreaking.... T_T," Jeremy sobbed.

Mi Nyu was totally crying her heart out, and Mi Nam could not help but look at his sister. Relate much? Nevertheless, they continued watching the movie till the end.

Finally, the movie ended, and Jeremy had to go outside to continue crying and to be comforted by his dog. The twins decided to check some e-mails in his laptop when Mi Nyu asked Mi Nam about the song that Jeremy and Shin Woo sang.

"You really wanna know?" he asked skeptically, wondering if she was ready for any truths that she might encounter.

"Ye," she said with conviction.

So, Mi Nam opened up a search engine and typed in "Purest Of Pain" by Son By Four. He had Mi Nyu read the lyrics.

"This is in English, and I am sure you understand it," the twin guy said.

Mi Nyu read the lyrics, and tears fell down her face.

"He chose that song for Hyun Joong-hyung's drama, but it seems he also wanted to tell you that," Mi Nam told her.

Mi Nyu got her phone and asked her twin regarding a new number. Mi Nam checked it.

"This is Shin Woo-hyung's new number," he told her. "He did not give you his new number?"

She shook her head.

And it hit her.

The lyrics of the song. The caller without a voice. It was Shin Woo. He just called her to hear her voice.

And she remembered Popoy and Basha's heartbreaking lines in the movie.

"Oppa..." she cried again.

"Six months, seven months, it is too short to forget someone, Mi Nyu-ya," Mi Nam said. "It only means Shin Woo-hyung could not get over you, no matter how much he tells intricate lies."

Mi Nyu buried her face on her oppa's chest and cried her heart out.

"What am I doing crying over Shin Woo-hyung? Hyungnim is my boyfriend. Why am I crying over the guy I rejected? What am I doing? Why do I feel this why?" she sobbed.

Mi Nam could not figure out on what to feel when he heard her confession. Did she just...what?

"Ya, are you falling for Shin Woo?" he asked her mentally.