When The Truth Hurts

Pure Pain, Undiluted

Shin Woo and Mi Nyu sat beside each other beside the doghouse. Finally, he spoke up.

"I guess you know about this, but this coming Saturday is our concert," he told her. "I expect you to be there to support us, especially for Mi Nam and Tae Kyung."

Mi Nyu nodded.

"It would be quite interesting," Shin Woo said, going back to his 'interested' but really not interested way of talking.

"What's interesting, Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nyu asked.

Then he looked at her. "The rock stars' model girlfriends are gonna be there."

Then, he stood up and left without even saying good night. Mi Nyu sighed as she saw the magazine beside her.

"He really looks at me as a yeodongsaeng..." she said sadly.

Then, she looked at the sleeping Jolie. "Jolie, sorry for taking your attention away from Jeremy. But I really wanted someone to listen to me."

The sleeping dog pricked its ears.

"Jolie, what do I do?" she said.

Then, remembering her old habits, she sighed. "Mother Superior, what do I do?"

*******

As she went back to her room, Tae Kyung met her.

"Gwaenchanha, Mi Nyu?" he softly asked.

Mi Nyu looked at him sadly and nodded. Tae Kyung felt his chest tighten when he saw the look in her eyes. There really was something that he should know, but Mi Nyu won't even tell him. He pulled her into a hug.

"I really wish you could tell me what's bothering you," he told her, but she did not reply.

**************************

Two days before the concert.

Mi Nyu had been contemplating on things. She had to stop it already. She felt she could no longer love Tae Kyung anymore, and even if Shin Woo would get angry at her, she needed to let him know.

*******

Tae Kyung and the guys went home after practices, and they were relieved that they ended before nine that night, which meant that they can sleep early.

When he went inside the room, he saw something on his bed. When he approached it, he saw Pig Rabbit (the toy) sleeping on his pillow. Next to it were the silver necklace with the star pendant and the intricate silver bracelet with the sapphire. He suddenly felt uneasy as he took the necklace and looked at it.

"Andwae...maldo andwae (no way)..." he murmured, his voice trembling in pain.

He went out of his room to look for Mi Nyu. They really needed to talk.

**********

Mi Nyu and Shin Woo were in the balcony, standing face to face.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked casually.

Mi Nyu fidgetted. She really needed to do this. She had to conquer her fear. Then, she remembered Basha and Popoy. Could she really tell him to choose her again?

"Shin Woo-hyung, I.... I wanted to tell you this, and I don't care if you get angry at me," she said softly.

He noticed the tone of her voice, but he . "What? You stole money from me?"

As he looked at her, he saw tears running down her eyes.

"Is there something I needed to know?" he asked, feeling that something was about to be revealed.

The atmosphere was totally uneasy for both of them, but he felt he needed to know. Then, Mi Nyu narrated.

"I once saw a star, and I did my best to reach it no matter what or who was in the way. At first, the star did not notice me, because I was a simple and annoying stone who hurts anyone and causes trouble. But eventually, the star began to notice this stone, even if the forest fairy was trying to hide the star's light away from me."

Shin Woo listened, totally amazed at Mi Nyu's narrative about the star, the stone, and the fairy. It was like his mountain discourse. And he totally got the message behind the symbols.

"And then, the star burned down the fairy so that he can shine on me, and I was happy because he only shines for me," she said. "But am I too ambitious to even grab that star? I think I am. Though the starlight was sweet to my skin, it eventually burned my skin because sometimes, that night star transforms into the burning sun. I still love him even if he sometimes becomes the sun. I was too focused on the star that I didn't notice that single point of the river current which passed by. That point in the current tried to make me look at him, and even invited me to the waters, but I did not because I loved the star. Now, this stone is starting to see the river current as a beautiful one indeed, but she felt sad because she can never be with that point of the current because the current never goes back to where it started."

"And the point of the river current is currently bringing along with him a precious pebble," Shin Woo replied.

Mi Nyu shed more tears.

"I'm sorry, Shin Woo-hyung...for hurting your feelings," she admitted. 

Shin Woo shed some tears too. "I thought I was done crying over you, but you made me cry again. Do you know how hard it was for me to let go? I did all I can, even slaving myself to work so that I could even forget you exist. Didn't I tell you not to hand your ropes to me?"

"Why won't you allow me to hand you all my ropes, Shin Woo-hyung?" she cried.

Then, he replied heartlessly. "Because an angel caught me when the mountain let me go."

Mi Nyu was crestfallen, but she continued to reason out with him.

"So..so even if an angel caught you, will you not still hold on to the miracle of the rope being thrown from the mountain?" she reasoned out.

Shin Woo shook his head. "Ani, because I know that the angel will not let me go, and I have found forever in her."

He found forever in her. 

"Shin Woo-hyung, I..." she sobbed as she clenched her fist.

"I love you," she admitted.

"Mwo?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"Ye, I love you, Shin Woo-hyung...."

Shin Woo bit his lips in bitterness, agony, and anger before replying.

"I loved you once. I loved you with all my heart, and I loved you so much until it really hurt. Not only did you not notice me and all I did for you, you chose Tae Kyung and ended up throwing my heart away. Did you know how much that hurt? Didn't you know I was willing to be a fool, just so you'll love me?"

Mi Nyu cried when he revealed that.

"But no. You never cared for this fool. You never looked at me when I begged you to look at me... And now, that you are the one looking at me, the point of the river current will not go back to where it started, it will not go back to you anymore..."

"Shin Woo-hyung...."

"And you know what? This fool had become wiser. He chose to love a woman who will love him and won't make him cry."

Shin Woo wiped his eyes and his lips.

"I didn't even know why you are confessing to me. Yeah, just to let me know. But for what? You have a boyfriend, I have a girlfriend. What good will your confession do?" he angrily asked. "And why are you breaking up my mood when it will almost be our concert?"

Mi Nyu realized her blunder. She should have postponed it.

"Joesonghamnida...."

"I love Ri Ja," he said. "So stop loving me, Mi Nyu. Give up before it hurts..."

He tried to walk away, but she grabbed the collar of his shirt and shove her face to his. She kissed him like she had never done before, so that he will realize how much she loved him. She was hoping that he will give in.

But Shin Woo did not, and when she let go of the kiss, he gave her instead a cold, angry, and bitter look.

"Let me go..."

Mi Nyu slowly let go of his collar.

"I once thought and prayed, that I'll soon be all right. I am glad that day came. And I am over you."

"Sh..Shin Woo-hyung..." she begged helplessly.

As he walked away from her, both of them saw Tae Kyung standing by the door.

"Hyungnim...."

"Andwae.... andwae...." Tae Kyung breathed hardly.

Shin Woo went to him and bitterly told him. "Talk to your girlfriend."

Tae Kyung looked at his bandmate walking away, then he looked at Mi Nyu.

"Joesonghamnida, Hyungnim...." she apologized, feeling so ashamed.

He saw her going to the bench to sit down, and he felt his heart breaking to pieces when he saw the tears from her eyes. He could not even stop the tears from falling from his own.

"Mi Nyu...."

Mi Nyu looked at him, her face totally wet with tears. He grabbed her by the nape and crushed his lips to hers. As he tried to kiss her passionately, he found out one thing: she did not kiss him back anymore. As their lips separated, he looked at her in hurt and in anger.

"So that's why you were beginning to get cold, you never told me anything, you were acting strange, and He Yi was warning me about you and me being together....," Tae Kyung said. "Because you have fallen in love with my rival...."

"Joesonghamnida, Hyungnim....."

Both of them were crying....

"You are so cruel, Mi Nyu," Tae Kyung sobbed. "You broke my heart in the most cruel way, by letting my hear by my own two ears that you are confessing to Shin Woo... and by letting me see you kiss him."

Mi Nyu sobbed hard just as he did.

"I don't love you anymore, Hyungnim...." she proposed. "Let's call it quits...."

"Mi Nyu, please," he started to beg. "Please don't do this to me.... You are the one that I want. You're the one who changed my life. You're all... you mean the world to me.... You mean so much to me..."

"Joesonghamnida..... I really could not love you anymore....Please let me go..."

Tae Kyung was not one to give up, but he had to let her go. He hugged her for the last time, a sign of goodbye.

Every night I hear you cry
Don't you wonna tell me why 
I'm afraid the way cannot without you 
Maybe I misunderstand 
But when I reach and touch your hand 
I can't feel you anymore 
You seem a million miles away from me tonight 
Baby but I'm right beside you

Talk to me 
That's what my love is here for 
Can't stand to see 
Those tears in your eyes 
I'll do anything it takes to make it right 
Baby 
Talk to me 
Even if it's just to say good-bye 


Wherever so hard to say 
Whatever makes you turn away 
Can't be any words that I imagine 
You got to tell me what you need from me 
To hold you close or set you free 
Cause I just wonna see your smile again 
But I can't help you if you keep me in the dark 
Open up your breaking heart and 


Talk to me 
That's what my love is here for 
Can't stand to see 
Those tears in your eyes 
I'll do anything it takes to make it right 
Baby 
Talk to me 
Even if it's just to say good-bye 


I don't know how to ease the pain you're going through 
Baby, tell me what to do 


Talk to me 
That's what my love is here for 
Can't stand to see 
Those tears in your eyes 
I'll do anything its takes you make it right 
Should I hold you close or set you free to fly? 
Baby 
Talk to me 
Even if it's just to say good-bye...

 

(Talk To Me by Smash)


*****

Shin Woo lay on his bed, tears streaming down his eyes. He felt his lips and remembered the kiss that Mi Nyu gave to him. He just wanted to forget it. He did not want her anymore.

"No matter what you do, I will no longer love you. The chances you had with me is gone, and I will no longer give you another chance. I could not risk breaking my heart again," he thought.

He shut his eyes and continued his thoughts.

"Just when I am beginning to be happy with Ri Ja, you come to me? No, please don't break my heart again.... And with what you are doing to me, I will no longer be the good hyung you want me to be."

Some people live their dreams
Some people close their eyes
Some people's destiny
Passes by

There are no guarantees
There are no alibis
That's how our love must be
Don't ask why

[Bridge:]
It takes some time
God knows how long
I know that I can forget you

Chorus:
As soon as my heart stops breakin'
Anticipating
As soon as forever is through
I'll be over you

Remembering times gone by
Promises we once made
What are the reasons why
Nothing stays the same

[Bridge:]
There were the nights holding you close
Someday I'll try to forget them

Chorus:
As soon as my heart stops breakin'
Anticipating
As soon as forever is through
I'll be over you


as soon as my heart stops aching
anticipating
someday ill be over you
as soon as my heart stops aching
anticipating
someday ill be over you
as soon as my heart....
oooohhh....