The Wedding

Pure Pain, Undiluted

Mi Nyu was lying on her bed when she read the wedding invitation. Tears flooded when she checked the names of the sponsors. Good thing, Ri Ja and Shin Woo did not place her name in the main entourage.

Of course, Tae Kyung was going to be his best man, and Ri Ja's sister as her maid of honor. Mi Nam and Jeremy also had their own part in the ceremony.

"They are being kind to me..." she sobbed. "I will still go to the wedding for the friendship."

She hid under her comforter and continued crying.

*****

The big day came.

The wedding was just an intimate affair, being attended by family members and close friends. This was done so that Reporter Kim will not get a scoop on the wedding.

Mi Nyu sat in the third row from the back, and she looked at Shin Woo wistfully. Her hyung looked dashing, hopelessly dashing, that she wished she was being married to him instead. Then, as the organist played the wedding song, Ri Ja came in, beautiful as ever in her white gown, and she was being escorted by her father. The bride met the groom at the altar, then, the priest started the ceremony.

****

Later on, the priest asked the guests to voice out any objections if any. Mi Nyu wanted to object, but she felt that she had to give up. Fighting for a love is all right, but if it is in the marriage ceremony, it is no longer appropriate.

"If Mother Superior will know that I object to a friend's wedding, she will be sad," she thought sadly.

Since no one objected, the priest announced them as husband and wife. The crowd clapped their hands, and Mi Nyu, though heartbroken, had to clap. She convinced herself that if it is Haneunim (God) bringing two hearts together, she will no longer object.

**************

Reception.

Mi Nyu and Aunt Mi Ja (not one of the sponsors and entourage) were sitted along with the invited guests. They listened as Hyun Joong gave his message to his dear cousin and to his "slave" whom he had a pleasure of working for the past years. Even Tae Kyung granted them both health and happiness, and told them not to leave each other.

"If ever you have kids, please do not forsake them," he said solemnly.

Mi Nam and Jeremy also gave out their congratulatory message, and Jeremy sighed that his Shin Woo-hyung will have to quit band life for good.

President Ahn cried throughout his whole speech, and told him that if ever he wanted to go back singing, the doors of the agency will always be open.

"You have always been a son to me," he sobbed.

Coordi Noona and Manager Ma also expressed their congratulations. In fact, almost all of the guests also said their messages one by one. Even Yoo He Yi was there, and she gave her congratulatory message to them.

"I am not being fake this time, you know," she said with a fake smile. "I truly congratulate you from the bottom of my heart."

Last to give her message was Mi Nyu.

She looked at the couple, trying to be confident. She raised her goblet at them.

"To the person who found a friend in me and helped me to where I am now, I owe a lot to her. For understanding me and even standing by my side, gomawoyo, Ri Ja."

Ri Ja smiled at her and wiped her eyes.

"To the person who will always be my hyu--oppa, to the person who had watched over me and kept my secrets, to the person who promised to be there, for that person who will always be a friend, gomawoyo, Shin Woo...."

Shin Woo smiled at her and gave her a bow.

"Congratulations to the married couple," the MC said.

Then, came the traditional wedding dance. The couple stood in the middle and danced, then all the other guests had their chance. Mi Nyu smiled sadly as she looked at the couple, and she met with Mi Nam at the door.

"Hey, don't you wanna dance with Shin Woo?" he asked.

She shook her head. "He already held me in his arms last week. There is no sense in dancing with him now."

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I got a flight back to Japan," she said. "I might be late."

The twins hugged each other and bid goodbye. Mi Nam smiled at his sister and heaved a sigh. Someday, these tears will dry. Someday, the dark clouds will brighten up ("Someday", by IU). He knew that someday, someone will come to love his dear sister.

******

After the reception, Shin Woo and Ri Ja changed outfit, and bid everyone goodbye. They will spend their honeymoon in Singapore, and they had a flight to catch.

The rest of AN Jell accompanied the married couple to the airport, and after saying goodbye, they waved their hands at the departing couple.

*********

Back at home.

Tae Kyung and Mi Nam were playing chess, Aunt Mi Ja was cleaning the kitchen, and Jeremy was with Jolie.

"Sigh, Jolie, I guess this is life," he said.

The dog his sideburns. 

"You think so too? Ah, I am gonna miss Shin Woo-hyung... No one will scold Mi Nam anymore...."

Then Jolie barked.

"Ye, Mi Nam and I are friends."

Then, he heard a commotion in the living room, so he stood up and went inside.

********

"What are you doing here?" Tae Kyung asked. He was standing at the entrance

"Ah, ehehe, I just wanna ask regarding Kang Shin Woo and Liza Hong," Reporter Kim asked.

Tae Kyung pursed his lips.

"What is it?"

"Ah, hehehe, just wanting to know, do they have plans of getting married?"

Tae Kyung burst into laughter. It was good that Ri Ja had the affair to be intimate so that the nosy reporter will not have some scoop.

"I. Don't. Know," Tae Kyung said before shutting the door.

"Hwang Tae Kyung-ssi!" the reporter protested. "Aish!"

He burst into tantrums and walked away. Meanwhile, Tae Kyung instructed everybody, including Aunt Mi Ja, not to tell anything to the press.

***************************************

Guys and gals (especially the Dooley fans), I know I am making you cry, but don't worry. This fic will definitely end with Mi Nyu and Shin Woo together. Of course, Mi Nyu will not be the mistress. That will make her look bad. Just continue reading. ^_*