Forever

Pure Pain, Undiluted

The living room was up and about, and Jeremy had set up a noraebang for Aunt Mi Ja to sing. Of course, since it was her birthday, she should do anything as she pleased.

Mi Nam and Tae Kyung were washing the dishes promptly so they could catch up with them. The rest were in the living room, dancing and singing along with the ajumma.

Shin Woo twirled Ri Ja round and round as they danced, and he had never been this happy. He thought she could be his inspiration to move on when Hyun Joong would drive him to the limits.

"Hyung, you and Ri Ja look so good together," Jeremy said as he recorded the video.

"Oh? Gamsahaeyo, Jeremy," Ri Ja amiably said.

"Hyung, both of you fit for each other. You are gentlemanly, and she is demure. You sure can get along," Jeremy said again.

"I totally agree," Aunt Mi Ja said.

Both blushed.

"Well, Shin Woo-oppa is really nice to me, and I like gentlemanly guys," she said.

"Why are you talking about us? This is Aunt Mi Ja's day," Shin Woo said to divert their attention.

And, they continued their revelry. Later on, they gave their gifts to Aunt Mi Ja. The twins gave cash to their aunt (c/o Mi Nam), and she was totally happy because that is what she ever wanted in life--just money. Jeremy gave her a new hanbok, and she was really impressed with it. Tae Kyung did not want to be outdone, so he gave her plane tickets to Hong Kong if she wanted to have a vacation with her friends.

"That is not a promo, Aunt Mi Ja. I purposely bought it for you and two of your best folks," he said.

Aunt Mi Ja was so happy that she slapped Tae Kyung on the .

"My........" he spoke as he froze.

Shin Woo and Ri Ja gave her a jewelry set. She received it graciously, and said that it matches the hanbok.

**********

"I will accompany you home," Shin Woo said to Ri Ja.

"Gomawo," she said.

Before getting in the car, he held her by the chin. He saw a blush on her face.

"You really are beautiful," he whispered. "I could never thought of a day when you are not."

"And you are my dashing Shin Woo-oppa," she smiled back at him.

Shin Woo leaned forward slowly and planted a kiss on her lips. The kiss was so soft, romantic, and gentle that Ri Ja could feel her knees melting.

After the kiss, they looked at each other and professed their love.

"I had to admit, this is my first time kissing a girl," Shin Woo admitted shyly.

"Omo? But you are my first kiss too," she admitted.

(Play on background, "First Kiss" by FT Island)

And they kissed again.

Meanwhile, not far from them was a window... a window from a dark room. And we zoom inside.

Mi Nyu saw the kiss, and she clapped her hand to to not give way to her sobbing. Seeing them kiss and admitting to each other that they were each other's first kiss, she could not help but get jealous. She was jealous, as in super jealous. She could not do anything about first kisses, as Tae Kyung will always be her first. But seeing the guy she started to love kissing another girl was just too much. She felt she was going crazy.

"Mother Superior, what do I do? I started to fall for Shin Woo-hyung, but he already fell for someone else...."

*********

Jeremy uploaded the Aunt Mi Ja celebration in the AN Jell site, and many where totally entertained with Tae Kyung's slinky dance. Of course, the dance was supposed to be y, as Mina danced it that way. 

"Omo?" Sa Yu Ri asked. "Ige mwoya?"

Her followers looked at her screen. It was the recorded video of Jeremy praising Shin Woo and his new girlfriend. The diehard Shin Woo fan burst into tears.

"First, it was Tae Kyung-oppa, then Shin Woo-oppa. We will dread that day when Jeremy-oppa and Mi Nam-oppa will also have girlfriends," Sa Yu Ri sobbed.

************

Shin Woo came home to find the dorm peaceful, so he went to the veranda to calm his happy mind. He found Mi Nam, playing with the Rubik's cube.

"Oh, hyung," Mi Nam said. "Let's play."

"Gomawo, but I am tired," he replied contentedly.

Mi Nam smiled as he finished the cube.

"So, Hyung, congratulations on your new love," he said.

Shin Woo thanked him and patted him on the shoulder. "Makes me happy."

He sighed happily and shared.

"The first time I saw her, she slipped on the floor in Hyun Joong-hyung's pad, and I did not know Hyung's cousin was sleeping there for the night. I went to her and helped her to her feet, and I let her sit comfortably on the nearest chair. She was grimacing in pain because she thought she had broken her bones, but I applied cold compress, and she became all right. As I was tending her, we introduced ourselves, and I told her that she looks like Nana. She laughed because many people thought so too. Only that, Nana is sporting a platinum blonde hair now. She said that many people would come up to her to ask for her autograph, or any After School member's autograph, but she said she had to decline them politely and explain. We talked about so many things, and I found out we have many things in common. When she was all right, she went back to her room, and Hyung called me to the living room. It was then that I realized that I think I found the girl who could make me happy. We see each other almost everyday, she was really the lady that I was looking for. 

In the past, when I courted Mi Nyu, I played all those romantic games and riddles, but she just didn't get it. She fell for Tae Kyung's straightforward approach, and I regretted it a lot. That is why, I promised to myself to be direct to the girl whom I will like. And Haneunim was kind to me, and He gave me Ri Ja. I courted her in the most decent yet direct manner, and I found out that she likes me too. I am glad now that I found her. I think I found my forever in her."

"But that is too early to say that, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nam said. "Are you sure she is your forever?"

Shin Woo nodded.

Mi Nam scrambled the Rubik's cube and asked. "Do you still love my sister?"

Shin Woo was not astonished at his query. He knew that he had totally given up on her, so answering the question had no haunted ghosts for him.

"Ani. I don't love her anymore. I have totally moved on, and I already wished her happiness with Tae Kyung," the guitarist replied.

Mi Nam smiled. Of course, he was hurt for his sister, knowing that they could be a good match, but he also did not want Mi Nyu to drift on two rivers. He just wanted her to have a stand. As for Shin Woo, he was glad that his hyung was totally happy and no longer feeling pathetic and sorry.

"Shin Woo-hyung, chukhahae," Mi Nam said again. "Same here, I have totally forgotten about He Yi, and it does not hurt anymore. We should grab a beer to celebrate our own happiness."

"That's a good idea," he said.

"Hyung, I should say you and Ri Ja are like a match made in heaven."

Shin Woo smiled at his comment, and they got up to grab some beer.

******

But Mi Nyu had heard all their conversation.

"He has given up on me, then," she said sadly to herself. "And Ri Ja is his forever..."

She saw them getting up to get inside, so she hid herself behind the door. Good thing the two guys did not see her, so they went on their way. When she was sure they were away, she went to the veranda, only to find her living diary falling asleep.

"Jolie, please don't sleep," she sobbed in tears. "Please listen to me."

But the dog did not hear her. She sat on the bench and looked at the tree. There were fireflies and it was truly comforting.

"At least, there are some light to help me through my darkest night," she thought.

She looked at the fireflies and had no idea that she slept on the bench in her weariness.