Why Are You Like That?

Pure Pain, Undiluted

Mi Nyu opened her eyes and realized that she had been on the floor, crying to sleep. She heaved a sigh, being relieved that she did not sleep near the doghouse. She felt a little thirsty with all the singing and crying, so she decided to get up. When she checked her wall clock, it was already seven in the morning.

She groggily opened the door, and she was met with three angry figures: Tae Kyung, Shin Woo, and Jeremy.

"What happened to you last night?" Tae Kyung angrily asked. "Where you brewing some Blair Witch Project in your room?"

"Eh?" Mi Nyu asked innocently.

Tae Kyung rolled his eyes.

"You know you where creating a big ruckus! I swear I thought someone was possessed!" he replied.

"..."

"And when I went out to knock on the door, I saw Sadako coming out from the doorknob of your room, didn't you know that?" Tae Kyung finished angrily. "Sheesh! I had to run back to my room and hide under my comforter, which was never comforting to me last night!"

Mi Nyu bowed her head. "Joesonghamnida, Hyungnim."

"I was reading some musical scores when I heard you making some loud noises," Shin Woo said icily, his arms crossed. "I knocked on your door many times, but you never answered."

Mi Nyu humbly looked at Shin Woo. "Joesonghamnida...."

"It was really noisy, you know?" he added. 

"I really thought someone was being murdered or something!" Jeremy piped up. "I was so scared that I had to hide under the doghouse."

Then Jeremy stepped up and showed her his right arm.

"See? See? See? Jolie scratched me because I panicked! You should be thankful that Jolie received veterinary care. Or else, you have to pay for all the vaccines, including mine!" Jeremy told her.

"Joesonghamnida, Jeremy," she said as she tried to touch his wounds.

"Never mind!" he said as he withdrew his arm. "Maybe you really were brewing some Blair Witch Project, just as Tae Kyung-hyung said."

Then, he and Shin Woo walked out. Mi Nyu showed a hurt expression on her face, as she was so sorry that her being pathetic had caused her housemates to be disturbed. Tae Kyung squinted his eyes and looked at her.

"It seems I don't even know my own girlfriend anymore," he said. "Is something wrong?"

Mi Nyu looked at him, and she felt his eyes digging through her own, as if he was searching for answers in her soul.

"Nothing..." she lied.

"Don't lie to me," he softened up as he held her chin. "Something's been bothering you lately. I see you acting strange, but I still could not decipher what it is. Why don't you tell me?"

Mi Nyu shed tears. "I... I can't."

Tae Kyung leaned and planted a kiss between her cheeks and her lips, then pulled her into a hug.

"It's too early to be crying," he crooned. "If you need to tell me anything, it's okey. You know I love you."

Mi Nyu shut her eyes and let tears fall. 

"Hyungnim loves me so much. The star is still shining in front of me. But what if my love for him had died? That would be unfair for him, and I would end up hurting him if I don't end this one early," she thought.

She became confused. Tae Kyung, the guy who still loves her, or Shin Woo, the guy she loves?

******************

After breakfast, Mi Nam and Tae Kyung went to the studio early.

"Mi Nam-ah, I had to ask," he said to the keyboardist.

"What is it, hyung?" Mi Nam asked.

"It's about your sister," Tae Kyung said.

Mi Nam took off the headset from his ears. "What about my sister?"

"You mean you never heard her shouting out loud last night?" Tae Kyung asked, surprised.

"Oh? I thought it was Jeremy," Mi Nam said. "So I never bothered."

"Tsh.... some kind of friend you are... Unbelievable," Tae Kyung murmured.

He maneuvered the car to the right and continued talking.

"I tried reprimanding her, but I was scared when I saw Sadako...."

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!" Mi Nam burst out laughing.

"YA! And why is it supposed to be funny?" Tae Kyung snapped at him. "I may not be afraid of the press, but I am afraid of ghosts! I swear I almost died when I saw Sadako coming out from the doorknob."

"Ohohoh, Hyung, so you hate Halloween?"

"Totally."

Mi Nam rubbed his belly and continued laughing.

"So Sadako should have strangled you, Hyung. BWAHAHAHAH!!!!"

"Stop that!"

"And I thought Sadako comes out from the well!"

"And do you expect any well inside Mi Nyu's room?"

But Mi Nam continued laughing.

"Ya, stop laughing! Even Jeremy ran to Jolie's doghouse and hid," Tae Kyung shared.

"He did????" Mi Nam asked excitedly. 

"And are you that happy to even know that?" the vocalist asked. "Ugh! I think I smell Jolie in Jeremy this morning."

"Eeeeyyuuuuck!" Mi Nam complained.

"Only Shin Woo was brave enough to go to her room and knock," Tae Kyung said.

Mi Nam stopped laughing. Shin Woo?

"Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nam asked.

"Ne. How I wish I had his courage to not be afraid of ghosts. I am Mi Nyu's boyfriend, but it was actually my former love rival who went there to reprimand her," was Tae Kyung's desperate reply.

"And did Shin Woo-hyung reprimand her?" Mi Nam asked.

"No," Tae Kyung said, emphasizing the word. "Because Pig Rabbit was too noisy to even hear him."

"I swear, Shin Woo-hyung is a really weird guy," Mi Nam said. "I would rather believe that Sadako is his cousin rather than believe that he is gay."

"Tsk tsk tsk..." Tae Kyung tsked. "I'd rather believe that Sadako is He Yi's cousin, not Shin Woo's."

Mi Nam tapped his hyung on the shoulder. "For saying that hyung, thanks for making my day."

"No problem," Tae Kyung said sarcastically.

**********************

Mi Nam went ahead to the president's office to inquire something, so Tae Kyung went to the studio. To his surprise, He Yi was walking to him.

"What brings the dirtbag in here?" he asked sarcastically.

He Yi raised her eyebrow and smiled. "Hwang Tae Kyung, it seems that you are in a good mood today."

"And are you planning to shatter my VERY good mood?" he asked, matching fake for fake.

"Ani," she said. "I just wanted to see that you and Mi Nyu are going along well. And, say hello to her for me."

He Yi snapped her finger in front of his nose and walked away.

"What was that supposed to mean?" he thought.

He felt that she was doing something to the pig rabbit again. And what about he and Mi Nyu going along well? Of course, they are! But really, are they?

"I had to find out what that fake fairy knows or even wants," he thought. "Anya, I have to find out what exactly happened to my own girlfriend."