Heartache Aftermath

Pure Pain, Undiluted

Tae Kyung found Shin Woo in the kitchen, brewing his morning tea as usual. When he looked at the guitarist, the latter gave out an indifferent look, so he shot back with a hostile one.

He approached his bandmate and sat in front of him. He could not hide the anger and frustration on his voice.

"Are you happy now?" Tae Kyung asked him sarcastically.

Shin Woo looked at him boredly. "Why would I? You know very well that I am totally happy with my own girlfriend now, and I had totally given up Mi Nyu in your favor. And now you are blaming me?"

He was right, but Tae Kyung only scoffed at him.

"You should know by now how I felt when Mi Nyu chose you," Shin Woo pointed out as he poured tea into his tea cup.

Tae Kyung shot a glance at him. Oh....how right.

"So, is this the feeling of one being dumped?" he slowly asked the guitarist.

Shin Woo pushed the tea cup at Tae Kyung, and poured tea into another tea cup.

"Now you know," Shin Woo said. "I could not say who felt it the worst, but all I could say that I felt that Mi Nyu rejected me 100x whenever she ran to you when she was happy, or go back to you after she was done crying on my shoulders."

Tae Kyung's chest tightened when he heard his revelation. So that was what the guitarist had been feeling all along. He was busy looking at his point of view that he was not willing to see the other guy's point of view. He thought the guitarist was practicing moving on. But no. He was still feeling hurt. No wonder he took letting go and moving on too hard.

He took the tea cup and tried drinking the tea. What is in tea that Shin Woo liked anyway?

"I took it hard too," Tae Kyung said. "She was the best thing that has ever happened to my lonely life."

He did not tell Shin Woo, however, what it felt not to be loved and wanted. It's Mo Hwa Ran's fault.

"Go for her if you still want her," Shin Woo told him.

"I can do that, but she will only push me away," he replied. "She loves you now, right?"

Shin Woo could not hide his anger. "What good will it do? I love Ri Ja and you know that. Besides, Mi Nyu is not a thing that you can just give away just because she has given up on you."

Tae Kyung shut his mouth. Since when did his bandmate become an hermit?

"Admit it, Tae Kyung," Shin Woo said. "You still love her..."

Tae Kyung's tears fell, but he tried not to cry hard, not in front of a love rival. "Ne."

"I'm so over her that I will not shed my tears for her anymore," Shin Woo coldly replied. "Fix your problems with her."

Tae Kyung looked at the guitarist drink his tea.

"I think I have to let go..."

"Tae Kyung, I am surprised that you let go easily. Have you even tried going far?" Shin Woo asked.

Tae Kyung nodded.

"I begged her not to do this to me, but she ultimately told me to let go," Tae Kyung said.

"But that was just a one-time, Tae Kyung," Shin Woo said. "Did you know how many times I begged her to look at me and not to go far? I begged her when she saw the sea for the first time. I begged her to come with me to Busan, but she did not. And lastly, I begged her in Japan. But you! You only tried once and you gave up? It's so not you!"

Tae Kyung wiped his tears. Yes, he had begged only once. He felt he had to take Shin Woo's advice and beg to her as many times as he had to.

"You have to fix it with her before the concert tomorrow," Shin Woo said.

Tae Kyung finished his cup and looked at Shin Woo. "Are you angry at me, Shin Woo?"

"Not anymore."

Tae Kyung let out a sad smile at his bandmate. "Gomawo. Please know that I am not angry with you anymore, after giving me this advice."

********************

Mi Nyu walked out of her room, all dressed up. When she saw Shin Woo, she diverted her gaze away from him, and he turned his back away. So this was the feeling of being rejected by the one you love.

As she was about to exit the door, Tae Kyung met her.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"None of your business."

Tae Kyung hugged her and cried on her shoulders.

"Let me go," she coldly said.

"No..."

"I said let me go," she demanded.

"I said no," Tae Kyung broke down. "I will beg to you as much as I have to, even if it takes eternity."

"Even if it takes eternity, I will not love you anymore, Hyungnim. Not in the way you wanted me to do. So let me go."

"But Shin Woo doesn't love you anymore..."

"And I don't love you anymore...."

Tae Kyung eventually let her go so she could go to where she was supposed to go.

*********************

Mi Nam felt his cellphone vibrating.

"O, Mi Nyu-ya..." he answered. "Mwo?"

Jeremy scooted next to him, wanting to hear the conversation.

"O? Arasseo, arasseo..."

When Mi Nam hung up, Jeremy looked at him for news.

"What's up?" the blondie asked.

"Aish, none of your business...." Mi Nam said.

"Mwo?"

Mi Nam had to give up.

"All right, let me tell you. Mi Nyu... she will be staying at my pad."

"MWO????"

Mi Nam clapped his hand to Jeremy's face.

"Don't shout or else the hyungs will know our secret," Mi Nam said. "I want to help all of them recover, and you should also help me. So don't shout."

Jeremy nodded eagerly.

"I will drive Mi Nyu to my pad so she can stay there, away from the hyungs."

"A good idea," Jeremy said. "And I will have the visiting rights, kekekekek."

"MWO????" Mi Nam asked as  he slapped Jeremy's head.

"Aya!"

"Don't add to my problems, arasseo?" Mi Nam demanded hotly. "Aish..."

********************************

Mi Nyu was walking to the convenience store when a pair of cool hands covered her eyes.

"Jeremy?" she asked.

The hands let go, and she turned around.

"Ri Ja?" she asked.

"Annyeong..." Ri Ja greeted happily.

She linked arms with Mi Nyu and dragged her inside.

"You looked as if you were crying your heart out," Ri Ja noticed. "What happened?"

Mi Nyu felt bad for her friend. She felt she was the traitor.

"Ani... nothing wrong...."

Ri Ja knitted her eyebrows. "Don't lie to me, Mi Nyu. I know something is wrong."

**************

The two of them went to the park.

"By the way, let's watch the AN Jell concert tomorrow, OK?" Ri Ja told her excitedly.

Mi Nyu shook her head slowly.

"Why not?" Ri Ja asked.

Mi Nyu broke out into tears silently. "Hyungnim and I broke up...."

"MWO????"

"Ri Ja, please, don't make a scene out of it..."

"But, but, you and Tae Kyung are the perfect couple!" Ri Ja said in disbelief.

"That was what everybody thinks...."

"Still Mi Nyu-ya, you need to support the concert,  huh? If not for Tae Kyung, at least watch it for Jeremy. For your twin. For Shin Woo-oppa!"

"Shin Woo-hyung....." Mi Nyu spoke monotonously and absent-mindedly.

Ri Ja frowned.

"Mi Nyu-ya, I had to let you know and I want to make this clear. I am a girl just like you, and I get jealous too. But I get jealous only when it is logical to get jealous."

Mi Nyu felt that her feelings betrayed her, so she gave Ri Ja a sad look.

"Do you like my Shin Woo-oppa?" Ri Ja asked, cornering her.

Mi Nyu diverted her look.

"Answer me please! Please be honest with me," Ri Ja said. "I want to hear it from you instead of hearing it from other people. Do you like Shin Woo?"

"I don't like him. I love him..."

Ri Ja felt her heart tighten in jealousy, but she had to think.

"What is in Shin Woo-oppa that made you love him?"

"The same things that made you love him," Mi Nyu told her sadly.

"Don't copy me, Mi Nyu. I know there are a lot of things that he did for you to love him," Ri Ja said.

Mi Nyu shed her tears. "It started when he did not want to talk to me on Scape. I was thinking of him all the time...."

Ri Ja's jaws fell. O. M. G.

"You fell hard for my boyfriend, didn't you?" she asked.

Mi Nyu did not answer. She just cried.

"Do you think I did not know it?" Ri Ja asked. "I noticed some awkwardness between you and Shin Woo-oppa, and I even asked him about your history together. I even noticed your reactions when I told you that Shin Woo-oppa might even be proud of a yeodongsaeng who will debut as a model. I even noticed your reactions when I linked arms with him when Dilbert proposed the modelling project."

Mi Nyu looked at her, hurt that her secret had been found out.

"You know, I could have slapped you for saying that you love my boyfriend, but I do my best not to get angry. If I get angry, I'll only lose," Ri Ja said. "You are my friend and you are precious to me. I cannot do anything if you love Shin Woo-oppa. But just don't do anything to steal him away from me."

Mi Nyu cried even more. She already did that last night. She kissed him.

"I trust you that you will not steal him away from me. I love him so much that I cannot live if he gives me up in your favor," Ri Ja said to her.

Mi Nyu looked at her friend in hurt. What should she do now? Ri Ja was too nice, she gave her a shot in modeling, and she even forgave her for loving Shin Woo.

"Loving someone is not bad, Mi Nyu," RI Ja said. "Things only turn bad when you break someone's trust."

A warning which Mi Nyu needed to heed. She thought she had to just love Shin Woo silently instead.

"Joesonghamnida, Ri Ja...." Mi Nyu sobbed.

Ri Ja hugged her friend and patted her at the back.

"If you only knew why I am such a nice person, Mi Nyu-ya...." Ri Ja thought sadly.

******************

That night, Mi Nam went home ahead, with Jeremy distracting Tae Kyung and and Shin Woo, and pretending to visit Hyun Joong's pad. The male twin met his sister at the dorm and drove her to the pad secretly. He lied to Aunt Mi Ja, telling her that Mi Nyu was on vacation. He could not risk the secret to be spilled, all because of a tactless remark possibly coming from an aunt.

****************

The next day was the day of the concert. 

Tae Kyung and Shin Woo pretended that everything was all right, and they did their best to be friends with each other, for the sake of the fans. Thus, the band was able to perform really well, as if they were united.

After the concert, Ri Ja dragged Mi Nyu backstage so she could, at least, congratulate Mi Nam. And He Yi stepped behind them.

"I want to go with you to congratulate the guys," the fake fairy said to them.

"Then, just go ahead," Ri Ja spoke.

He Yi looked at Ri Ja, then, at Mi Nyu.

"I hope you and Tae Kyung are doing well, even after I saw you getting jealous at Ri Ja getting a kiss from Shin Woo," He Yi said wickedly.

She took delight at Mi Nyu's hurt, and Ri Ja looked at Mi Nyu in hurt. Then, Ri Ja spoke to the fake fairy.

"I don't care what you say, Yoo He Yi."

"Geurae? Oh, don't tell me that you are being a martyr, my dear."

Ri Ja faked a smile. "Mi Nyu is my friend, and I trust her that she will not steal my Shin Woo-oppa, even if she will tell me that she loves him."

She did not tell He Yi that she already knew.

"Oh, well, don't blame me if you will be the last to know," He Yi smiled. "And Mi Nyu, I had warned Tae Kyung about it too. Ohohohohoh!!!!"

"You don't have to warn him because he and I are through," Mi Nyu replied.

"Geureoseumnikka?" He Yi faked politeness. "Ohohoh, well, that is a sad news my dear, but a happy one for me."

Mi Nyu was about to slap He Yi when Ri Ja restricted her.

"Oh, so now you are trying to fight back? Mi Nyu-ya, nothing can get in the way of this Yoo He Yi. I will eventually get Tae Kyung in due time."

"I am not angry because you said that you will get Hyungnim. I am only angry because you offended my sore feelings," Mi Nyu said. "I had been through so much that I cannot let you trample on my emotions. Not ever!"

He Yi looked at her weirdly.

"Omo, then, I will not bother you anymore. Since it is over with you and Tae Kyung, I will stop being rude to you," the fake fairy said. "Ciao!"

She smiled fakely at them and walked away to the backstage.

"Should we still go backstage?" Ri Ja asked Mi Nyu.

She just shook her head.

"I want to go home...."