The Promise

Pure Pain, Undiluted

Tae Kyung and the rest of AN Jell were all surprised to learn that Shin Woo and Mi Nyu actually got together.

"Wow... chu...chukhahae, hyung," Jeremy said in surprise.

Tae Kyung and Mi Nam slapped Shin Woo on the shoulder and congratulated him. The three guys also hugged Mi Nyu until she could not breathe.

"So, when do you plan to get married?" Jeremy asked.

Shin Woo and Mi Nyu blushed.

"Ah...we did not have any plans yet," Shin Woo said. "We will still enjoy each other's company."

Mi Nyu nodded.

"Also, I guess I needed to get in the military too before I marry her," Shin Woo said.

"Geurae?" Tae Kyung asked. "Geureomyeon, you can enter the military first, and I will join you after a year."

Jeremy and Mi Nam saw an evil look on Tae Kyung's face.

"Why do I have a feeling that he is really excited to see Shin Woo-hyung bald and all?" Mi Nam asked.

Tae Kyung shot a glare at him. "Of course, I don't want fans to forget me! That is why I will join the military later, a year after Shin Woo gets in."

"Oh, how cruel..." Jeremy said. "Then, hyung, if you join in the military too, then Mi Nam and I will be a duo?"

"Only President Ahn can decide on that," Tae Kyung said. "If he is willing to have a sub group, then both of you can still perform, most especially in MY absence. Har har har."

Shin Woo resisted the urge to roll his eyeballs, and Mi Nam's and Jeremy's hackles rose.

"Then, I guess I will have to enjoy Shin Woo-hyung's company to the fullest before he gets in the military," Mi Nyu said.

Shin Woo nodded at his girlfriend.

**************

That night, both of them sat outside in the veranda, looking at the stars. By now, Jolie had three pups, and the dog family were asleep.

"I will enter the military perhaps two months from now," he confessed. "I had been planning to serve after Ri Ja's death, but it was still too hard, and my mind was not in condition. I want to serve when I am ready."

Mi Nyu's chest tightened. They had just recently been reunited, yet he needed to comply with the law.

"It can't be helped, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nyu said. "We need to follow what the law states."

Shin Woo looked at her.

"I promise to wait for you, Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nyu said.

"And I promise too, that the moment I will get out of the service, we will plan for our marriage," Shin Woo said.

Many things had kept them apart, and the mandatory military service will keep them apart for twenty-two months. But then, both of them were willing to sacrifice in this long distance relationship, knowing that, once they get married, they will be together forever.

In fact, both of them shared and relished the sweet kisses for two months, and he gave her a farewell kiss before he served. Of course, even celebrities needed to follow that law.

********************

Almost two years had passed, after Shin Woo successfully complied with the law. He went back to the dorm all alone, as he wanted to surprise his girlfriend.

But it was he who was surprised, for Jeremy threw a "Welcome Back" party for him. Mi Nyu hugged him tight and gave him a kiss.

"Oh Shin Woo-hyung, geuriwoyo (I miss you)," she whispered.

He gave her a sweet kiss in reply, and Mi Nam and Jeremy clapped for them. They were definitely hold another welcome party for Tae Kyung next year.

"So, how's the duo?" he asked his dongsaeng.

"Better than expected!" Mi Nam said. "Even Japan's WaT gave us many compliments."

Shin Woo was definitely proud of his bandmates, and he was proud of his girlfriend for sacrificing much as he did.

And so, it came to pass that he and Mi Nyu started to flesh out their wedding plans. After four months of preparation, the big day was about to start.

*******************

The Day.

Yoo He Yi received an invitation for the wedding, and she did not know where the event was to be held even if the venue was stated. The place was totally unknown, and she wanted someone to drive her to the venue. She went to the dorm, only to find Jolie.

"Uh...what's the dog's name again?" she thought.

Jaguar, Jeremiah....

"No, no, the dog is a female dog," she murmured.

Jacky, Janna, Jolina...

"Ah, there it is!" He Yi said. "Ya, Jolina, where is Jeremy? Could you please tell me where this venue is?"

But of course, the dog cannot answer.

"Uh, how stupid of me!" she murmured.

She could not even contact Tae Kyung, who was still in the military serving his time. So, she decided to kidnap Mi Nam and make him drive to the venue. Getting her phone, she typed some numbers.

"Hi, Mi Nam-oppa..." she faked sweetness. "I am in your house, and you gave me a wedding invitation, but you never waited for me. He Yi is so hurt."

She listened as Mi Nam said to wait for him. When she dropped the call, she smirked.

"Well, well, well, I can totally have Mi Nam in my hands," she said. "I miss him for a boyfriend."

Awww.....

**********

The organist played the wedding song, and the bride walked the aisle with her brother. As they got to the front, the dashing (and super hot) groom received her hand, and they faced the priest, who officiated the ceremony.

The ceremony was just intimate, mostly made up of Mi Nyu's side (Mi Nam and Aunt Mi Ja), Shin Woo's immediate family, the president, the stylist, the manager, Jeremy, and He Yi.

Later, the priest asked if there is someone who opposes to the wedding. He Yi was quite happy that Mi Nyu had to be married to Shin Woo instead of Tae Kyung, as she wanted Tae Kyung for herself while making Mi Nam as her personal boyfriend slave at the same time. She was willing to wait for Tae Kyung while planning to play with Mi Nam, so that when time comes, she can two-time the two guys to her heart's desire. So, no one objected.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," the priest said, and everyone rejoiced.

The couple could not hide their joy, as they finally found each other after all the labyrinths.

**********

During the reception, all the guests gave out their messages, and President Ahn had to cry for the second time. Even Jeremy sighed that Tae Kyung was not even with them during the wedding ceremony. Yet, he could not do anything anymore, so he wished happiness to his hyung and his friend.

Later on, as the MC was about to propose the traditional wedding dance, Shin Woo stopped him and whispered something. Then, the MC handed the groom another mike, while he invited the guests to listen to the song that the groom had for his bride.

"Let's all give it up for Kang Shin Woo," the MC said, and the audience gave a warm round of applause.

Shin Woo stood confidently (just as he always had been), and looked at Mi Nyu. The pianist started to play the piano, and he sang at the right moment. Mi Nyu looked at him with loving surprise, totally startled at his wedding gift.

For all the times I felt cheated, I complained
You know how I love to complain
For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame
I still cursed that rain
I didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue
Then out of the blue

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you

For all the times I wore my self pity like a favorite shirt
All wrapped up in that hurt
For every glass I saw, I saw half empty
Now it overflows like a river through my soul
From every doubt I had, I'm finally free
I truly believe

He went to his bride, and asked for her hand. She gladly gave in as he led her to the center of the reception area, where they danced. As Shin Woo left the mike to dance with Mi Nyu, it was Mi Nam who continued singing Bryan White's "God Gave Me You."

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you

In your arms I'm someone new
With ever tender kiss from you
Oh must confess
I've been blessed

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why (didn't know why)
Now I do (I finally do), 'cause God gave me you (God gave me You)

God gave me you

****

That night, after the reception, the couple went to Park Hyatt, where they will spend their first night as a couple before flying to Milan for their honeymoon.

Mi Nyu lay on Shin Woo's bare chest, and he placed his arms around her bare shoulder. He kissed his wife's hair. 

"I liked it," Mi Nyu murmured sweetly at him.

"Me too," he replied. "I feel like I am floating in cloud-nine."

"I am very willing to give my everything to you because I love you," she crooned at him.

"And I am very willing to do all those sweet everything for you because I also love you," he whispered.

Mi Nyu placed her hand on his chest as she looked at him. He placed his hand on her face, leaned to her, and gave her a deep kiss.

The rain from outside started to fall, but the couple inside the dark room did not even mind, as they were totally enjoying each others' company, and were totally in the mood to do what married couples do.

"Saranghae, Mi Nyu," Shin Woo whispered.

Mi Nyu was about to answer back when Shin Woo kissed her sweetly, deeply, and intimately.