Torn Between Friends

Pure Pain, Undiluted

The atmosphere in the house was very haunting, (not because this writer typed her story at Halloween time), but because of what happened last night.

Jeremy woke up early and went to Jolie's doghouse. He started to hug his dog.

"Jolie, I did not sleep yet last night, but it seems there was a commotion."

Then, he placed his ear near the dog's mouth. He felt the dog  his ears.

"Ye, ye, that's what I saw too," he told his dog. "Mi Nyu-ya was confessing to Shin Woo-hyung. I was so surprised to hear her say that she loves him. And do you know what startled me the most?"

Then the dog barked and Jeremy on the nose.

"Ye, ye, I saw her kiss him. Whoa! That must have been a big blow to Tae Kyung-hyung."

Then, he placed his ear near the dog.

"Oh, oh, ye, I was surprised to see Tae Kyung-hyung too," he said. "It's like I was watching a drama or something."

The dog barked.

"I understand you a lot, Jolie.... my friends had been through a lot.... I would have been in the same situation if I had hold on to Mi Nyu...."

Mi Nam got out of the door and sat beside Jeremy.

"So, you've seen it too?" Mi Nam asked.

"O," Jeremy said in affirmation. "That was just so horrible."

Mi Nam nodded. "I know. Sigh, I guess Mi Nyu took my second advice, even if I knew what would happen if she did..."

Jeremy shot a glance at Mi Nam. "What do you mean?"

Mi Nam looked at his frienemy seriously.

"Did you remember the time when Mi Nyu watched Shin Woo-hyung finish the meat on his plate? I soooo warned  her that Tae Kyung-hyung would get jealous. I talked to her that night, and I warned her. I told her she should consider where her loyalty lies. She asked me if she could love Shin Woo-hyung silently, and I told her no. I told her that even with her silent love, Tae Kyung-hyung will still find out for himself."

"He did find out, huh," Jeremy said.

"Geurae. And I told her that if she had to choose sides, she could stop her new feelings for Shin Woo and remain faithful to Tae Kyung, or call it quits with her Hyungnim and be with Shin Woo. And now what? She ended up hurting both guys... Sigh! It's too complicated...."

Jeremy nodded.

"I understand you, Mi Nam-ah. And you found it getting more complicated now..."

"Ye. I was telling her that, since Shin Woo-hyung did not have a girlfriend yet. But now that he has a girlfriend, what's the point? Aishhhh!!!!!! My sister is totally messing up!"

Jeremy looked at Mi Nam.

"You should guide her now, being her twin."

Mi Nam sighed helplessly. "Ara...."

Jeremy let Jolie Mi Nam's hand.

"If only Jolie could talk, she would tell us what she knew...."

"Too bad she's just a dog..." Mi Nam said.

Jeremy was about to snap at him, but Mi Nam was right. No matter what happens, Jolie will always be just a dog.

"I feel bad for Shin Woo-hyung, but I feel bad for Tae Kyung-hyung too," Jeremy said sadly. "I love them both. We had been together for so many years. I love Mi Nyu too even if she never chose me..."

Mi Nam noted the sadness in his voice.

"Me too. I feel bad for both guys, and I don't want to choose sides. I want to be logical, because my sister is also in it."

Both of them sighed at the same time.