CHAPTER 22: WITH AND WITHOUT YOU (PART 2)

Heart Cheater

 

“Jung Yonghwa? Yonghwa-yah???”, an old woman closed with both of her hands can’t believe with what she just saw. Stood in front of her, a young man with smile flustered on his face. He’s her only grandson, son of her only daughter, Kang Sena.

“Ne, it’s me, halmeoni…”, then the old woman came to him and hugged him so tight.

“It has been a year since the last time you visit me, boy! How could you forget this old woman?”, she asked him with tears fell on her face. She missed him so much. Yonghwa just chuckled heard his grandmother protest.

“I know ,halmeoni… So I come here to fulfil your wish”, he answered her and wiped her tears.

“C’mon dear, I want to hear about your life story this last year. I heard from your father that four months ago you got married… Where’s your wife? Why don’t you bring her here?”

Yonghwa surprised after heard what his grandmother just said. Did he heard his father name was said?

“What do you mean halmeoni? My father?”, he asked her. He can’t hide his curiousity. His grandmother understood about his relationship with his father, so she would explained it carefully.

“Ne… He always call me regularly, mmm… I think at least every two weeks… He’s still caring of me”

But Yonghwa just smirked heard about that. He thought that his father was just trying to respect the elder. His grandmother is just his ex-mother in law anyway.

“Aish, I shouldn’t told you about that. Okay, now you must go to take a rest. You must be tired after the travelling. We’ll go to the grave yard tomorrow morning. I know you miss the hill so much”, his grandmother tapped his back.

“Arasso, halmeoni…. I miss this place after all…”

 

 

 

“Eat well, Joohyun-ah”, Seohyun’s mother put a bowl of chicken soup on the dinning table. Seohyun gave her mother a warm smile, it was a rare moment to getting her mother’s food since she became a married woman.

“Thank you, eomma…”, she said. After the dinner time, they had talking about how were their lives while living apart each other.

“Do you really don’t know about your husband business in Busan?”, Seohyun’s mother asked her daughter when they were sitting in the veranda. Seohyun was silent for a while heard her mother question. Yes, how could she didn’t know about that? She just worried about her will being alone and felt too happy after Yonghwa decided to brought her to her parents house.

“Ummm…. I don’t know, eomma…”, she answered with low tone and felt guilty. Her mother rubbed her forehead.

“Aigoo, my dear… You’re a wife now. You should know all of your husband activities, where and why he went to somewhere. It will be better if you call him and ask how is him”, her mother then left her alone when her father called.

Seohyun sat alone on a bench. She thought about what her mother said before. If he went for a business, but why it was done on the weekend? What kind of business done on the weekend? And if he went because of that, he should went there with his boss, partner, assistant, or anyone else who related with his job. Or….He went there with….A GIRL??? They wanted to spent time together, maybe?

“Aishh… Seo Joohyun!!”, she scolded herself and started to get frustrated. Then she took her cell phone from her pants pocket. She needs to push the key pad several times before finally found a number with a familiar name. But after that she just stared at the phone display.

“Oh God… What’s wrong with me?”, she said while looked at the night sky.      

 

 

 

“So… What kind of girl who can make my handsome grandson decided to get married?”, Yonghwa’s grandmother suddenly asked when they just finished their dinner. That question made him choked and almost spilled his water, so he gulped it hurriedly.

“Halmeoni… You shocked me….”, he said while rubbed his chest.

His grandmother laughed saw his reaction, “Yah, Yonghwa! Is it the first time someone asks you this type of question? Or… You’re still thinking your wife now? Aigoo… If you can’t stay apart from her, you should bring her with you, boy…”, his grandmother chuckled.

“Uhmm… It’s not like that, halmeoni… I just…. Ahh, molla-yo….”, now he was looked so uncomfortable.

“Okay…Okay… I just want to know, Yonghwa-yah…”, then she waited him to speak.

“She….”, he can’t find the right words to answered his grandmother’s question.

“She… She’s my junior at my campus… Yeah, like that…”, finally he didn’t need to lie.

“Omo….So it’s called as academical love? Ohh… I remember my past love now…”, his grandmother placed her hands on her chin and started to dreamily.

 

 

Yonghwa just stared at his room ceiling, can’t sleep yet. He’s a type who can’t adapt easily with a new place, although he visited there last year. Then he walked to the window and opened it, hope the night air can lullaby him. He looked at the clear night sky with stars, then at the garden. He saw the mound of something there, but needed to focused more his eyes because of the darkness. Then he knew those as roots.

“Is that goguma?”, he thought. Suddenly he remembered her. Who’s else anyone who loves goguma so much, if not his wife? He sighed, then remembered that he hasn’t explained the reason of his departure to her.

“Tch… As she would care about it…”, he continued to looked at the sky but stopped when he heard his phone rang. There was a message there.

 

 

Yonghwa’s POV

Who’s send me the message? I hope it’s not from Jangwoo-ssi or someone else from my office. I really need a peaceful time tonight. Then I pick my phone from the bed and just only can gaped my mouth read the message sender. SEOHYUN? I don’t know why, but it’s so strange, I feel my heart beat so fast. If I’m not forgetting something, it will be sure that it’s the first time both of us will have message conversation. Okay, relax Yonghwa!

 

From : Seohyun

Message : Am I bothering you? Sorry if I am. I just want to know what are you doing in Busan. My mom asked me, but you didn’t tell me before. But, if you don’t want to, it’s okay.

 

I take a long breath to make my heart beat slower. How will I answer her? So, her mom wanted to know what am I doing here? Hmmm…. How about her? Should I tell her that tomorrow is my mother’s death date? Or, not give her a reply? Maybe she will think that I’ve just sleep already. Aishhh…Jung Yonghwa, it’s only a message!!!

End of Yonghwa’s POV

 

 

Seohyun’s POV

Okay, I’ve decided it. Don’t regret later, Seo Joohyun! Before I send the message, I check it once again. I hope it won’t seem that I’m too curious want to know what’s he doing in Busan. Although it maybe the reality. Ahhh, now I start feel that I shouldn’t send him the message. I really feel ashamed with myself. How if he doesn’t reply it? It has been thirty minutes anyway. Is he sleeping already?

End of Seohyun’s POV

 

 

Seohyun who was still sitting on a bench in her house veranda, suddenly woke up from her daydream when the cellphone she held rang. She startled for a moment because it was not a message ringtone like what she expected before, but a call ringtone! She widened her eyes when saw her caller. YONGHWA?

“Ottoke, ottoke…”, she started to get panic, then tried to control her breath. Okay, she will answer it, but she wanted to make sure first that her sound was heard usual, not in nervous mode. Closed her eyes for a moment, she pressed ‘ok’ button.

“Yeoboseyo?”, she greeted first and so sure she heard Yonghwa cleared his throat. So, she greeted him once more.

“Yeoboseyo? Yonghwa?”, she spoke louder.

“Yah, I hear it. I’m not deaf, sincha…”, he was heard annoyed. Okay, it was not a good greeting, but Seohyun’s race heartbeat seemed not care about it. She was too nervous to think other things, even to answer him back. He waited her to speak again, but just silence covered them. So he took initiative.

“Seo Joohyun, are you hearing me? You’re still there?”, he said more gently.

“Ah, ne….I hear you. Ne, I hear you…”, finally she spoke again.

“It’s good then. I’m not speaking with a deaf…”, he started to .

“Yah!!! Jung Yonghwa!!! If you call me just for bothering me, then just end this call soon. And forget about my message, don’t mind about it! Annyeo……”, Seohyun was irritated becaufe of him, and regret answered his call. But before say goodbye, Yonghwa interrupted her babbling.

“Wait, Seohyun! I want to answer your question, just that”, and it all worked. She was not hung up her phone and still waited him to explain.

“Tell me, is it really your mom wanted to know about the reason why I went to Busan?”, he asked her carefully. He wished her answer is honest.

“Yes, she asked me. She said that I should know too…”, she answered him in low tone.

“So, what did you think about it? About my trip? Would you guess the reason?”, he asked her once more. She began to feel strange, he should have just said his reason, not ask back.

Is he toying with me?’, she thought.

“I’m not in good mood for answering or guessing something. If you don’t want to tell me your reason, fine… Just forget it, and I’ll tell my mother that you went to Busan for a secret mission. And, finish!!!”, she didn’t want to lose the argument.

He wants to play with me? Okay!’, she thought.

Then she heard him chuckled, “If I tell you the real reason, will you tell your mother about that? Even if it’s not a good reason for you?”

“What do you mean? What reason is not good for me?”, now she began to feel confused by the question. She can’t hide her curiousity. He started to hold his wide smile when heard her. It was so easy for teasing her.

“What if I told you that I’m with a woman now…”, he made his voice sounded so serious. After heard his words, Seohyun began to fell down. It was not the reason she wanted to hear. Then her heart fell further and further away when suddenly a female voice was calling his name.

“Yonghwa-yah…Are you still awake?”, Yonghwa’s grandmother suddenly came and asked him. Of course, Seohyun can heard it too.

“Ne, I’ll go to bed later. You sleep first, don’t worry about me”, he said a little bit louder for Seohyun to heard it too. Okay, she can’t hold it anymore. It was like she has been disruptive his good time with other woman.

“Seohyun, are you still there?”, Yonghwa was back to the phone calling.

“Jung Yonghwa, I don’t know what’s your real motive, but it’s too much. Do you want to show off your good time with your girlfriend or what? Then why did you call me instead of replied my message?”, she was really feeling pissed of him, and can’t control it anymore.

“Yah, Seo Joohyun!! What’s wrong with you? Do you know who is she?”, he can felt her anger. But honestly, he was so satisfied with her reaction. It entertained him imagine her flaring nose and red face.

“Hahhh…You, really! Yah, I don’t care who is she! I don’t care you with any girl…”

“Listen to me, Seohyun!”

“I don’t want to…”

“She is my…”

“I hang up…”

“She’s my grandmother!!!”, quickly he said it, avoid her hang up the phone. And of course, left the shocked and speechless  Seohyun felt dumb.

 

 

 

Aigooo....I feel bad because this chapter is like just a teaser!!!! I can't think properly cause I'm so sleepy....:-(

See u at next chap!!!! Bye....:-)