CHAPTER 17 : MY NEW MOTHER AND FRIEND

Heart Cheater

 

They reached their destination, Yonghwa’s house. It was still in Seoul City, but the district was far enough from center of city, so the situation was not so crowd. Seohyun looked at the sight in front of her when Yonghwa’s car has stopped near the gate. The white painted house which was similar as her parents house, with small flowers garden and trees. The house looked like so peaceful place, maybe this is one she need if really wanted to live far away from her past, her friends, and her only one love.

 

Seohyun followed Yonghwa’s step, she brought her stuffs herself. Sure that she didn’t want his help which made her a little bit regret, because the luggages were big and heavy. When they arrived the living room, she felt surprised saw how that was so neat and clean. She looked around from the kitchen, couch, floor, and big glass windows which were very clean. She wondered did Yonghwa had done all of these things?

 

“Your bedroom is in second floor, the one which the door was opened. If you need to eat, just use the kitchen, there’s many ingredients in refrigerator. If nothing you like, you can go to the market near first block from here. We passed it before reach here. Any more question?”, Yonghwa interrupted her thought with some long explaination. She didn’t ask anything, just nodded her head.

 “Good then, because I will go to my office to do something, and back home about midnight. So, just adapt well with your new situation. You can do everything in my house, but don’t dare to get into my own life. I’m sure you know the limit”, he finished his speech and left her alone.

 

Seohyun sighed hardly after heard the front door closed. She learned once more about the house, didn’t want to go upstair yet. The big double door which connected first floor with outside made her turned gaze, it was still closed. She wanted to open it, but she knew it was not right this time, maybe later.

 

She reached the second floor and soon walked toward a room with the door opened like what Yonghwa said before. In second floor, there was no other space except three bedrooms. She guessed one of them was Yonghwa’s room, but she couldn’t guess the other one. Maybe his working room or something like that. Her new room was pretty similar as her old room, but it was bigger because there was a set of couch as addition. Once again she must admitted that the room was so clean and smell good, like it was just cleaned yesterday. After put her stuffs right in their places, she went downstair toward the kitchen. She didn’t want to eat, but she was thirsty and wanted to take a drink.

“I hope this is the right decision for me”

 

Being lonely is not Seohyun’s typical. She would like spend her time together her family or friends, not like now. Alone, without anyone accompany her. But she knew that it was her want, and she had to adjusted with new condition soon. Although it was still early evening, she decided to went to her new bed. She didn’t mind about take a bath or have dinner first, she felt so tired and only wanted to sleep.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The sun light tickled Seohyun’s face when she woke up from her pretty long sleep. Gently she opened her eyes, a little bit surprised when realized it was not place where she usually sleep. But then she came to her proper mind, she knew it was Yonghwa’s house. She grabbed her cellphone to look what time it was.

“God, have I slept for about 12 hours?”, she mumbled.

Suddenly there was knock sound from her door. Is it Yonghwa? Maybe he wanted to talk something with her. But she knew it wasn’t him, because that someone who knocked it has a female voice.

 

“Excuse me, miss… Can I come into your room?”

“Who is she? There’s another person live here?”, she thought, but still moved her body to opened the door. She faced a woman in a simple dress, her age was about younger than her mother. She felt like met this woman once before, but she forgot when or where.

“Sorry, but who are you? Do you live here too?”, Seohyun asked.

“Annyeonghaseo… I’m Park Joomi, I’m Yonghwa-ssi servant, but I’m not live here. I just come here every three days to do all house work”, the woman named Park Joomi greeted her.

“Oh, is that so? I’m Seo Joohyun, but you can call me as Seohyun. But Joomi-ssi, I feel like meet you once before, or do you have siblings who live or work at city?”

“If you came to Yonghwa-ssi parents house, of course you would see me”, she smiled to Seohyun.

“Ahh… Ne!! I remember now. Right, are you their servant?”

“The one you saw there, she is my twin sister, Park Yoomi”

“Omo… You’re twins? No wonder you are so similar in everything. Oh, I’m sorry, you can sit on the couch”, Seohyun offered her.

“Thank you, Seohyun-ssi. But I come here to check if you need my help, because I know that you just arrived yesterday and maybe you’re still tired”, Seohyun a little bit felt confused with Joomi’s sentences.

“Excuse me, but how did you know about my arrival? Did… Did Yonghwa tell you before?”, she asked hesitantly. Joomi nodded her head.

“Ne, Yonghwa-ssi told me, even he asked me to cleaned the house, and of course this room. Do you like it? I don’t know if it was clean enough or not”

“Oh, I like it, this is so clean and neat”, Seohyun replied. So, her wondering about that thing got the answer now. It’s not Yonghwa who did all, but Park Joomi. Now there’s only one question throbbed in her mind, made her confused would ask Joomi or not.

“Uhm… Joomi-ssi, can I ask you more?”, she looked hesitate.

“Sure, you can ask me everything”

“Uhm… Do… Do you know who I am? I mean… Yeah, who I am related to Yonghwa?”, Seohyun asked her carefully. Joomi smiled to her, she knew Seohyun would asked her about it.

“Of course, Yonghwa-ssi has told me everything. But I can’t say, respond, or ask more, cause I have no right. I’m just a servant. I know about your marriage and…. Pregnancy”, Joomi told her.

 

After heard Joomi’s answer, Seohyun felt a little sad or maybe disappointed, but she could just smiled although it was bitter.

“I’m sorry to remind you about it, Seohyun-ssi. I can feel your bitterness, I’m sorry…”, Joomi also felt regret.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault. I just… I just don’t know what I feel now. It’s like disappointed feeling for him. How hard my effort to hide this shameful thing, in the end it will be him who tell everyone about my condition. He doesn’t know that the only person who feels hurt is me. But he will never understand”

 

Seohyun decided to makes Park Joomi as her sharing friend, because she seems like mature a good listener. She believed that Joomi would gave her good advice. And she was right, because she felt calmer after heard what Joomi said.

“I’m sorry once more if I’m like give you a speech. But get married and being pregnant are not shameful thing, Seohyun-ssi. Maybe I just can talk about that because not me who feel it, but I’m a married woman and a mother too. Okay, let’s forget about your marriage if you’re not loving your husband, but remember about your baby. Take care about it, and the others will respect you because this great mother to be”

 

Park Joomi understood her situation with Yonghwa. Knowing that she slept apart from her husband, it was obvious that there’s problem between them, including her assumption about their unexpected marriage.

“So, do you want me to forget about my marriage status and just focus to my baby?”, Seohyun couldn’t help but smiled. She was glad met Joomi.

“Mmmm…. I know it will be so tough while you live under same roof with him. How hard you try to forget him, you won’t able to do it easily. But for now, I want your main focus is the baby”

Seohyun secretly admitted that this woman was great, even in their first meeting.

“Joomi-ssi, do you know that if Yonghwa finds you say like that to me, maybe he will not pay you anymore? He’s your master, so please be careful to not talk about him”, Seohyun worried her. But Joomi just smiled.

“Don’t worry… If he doesn’t pay me anymore, I still have other master”

“What? Other master? But I can’t pay you, Joomi-ssi”

“It’s not you, Seohyun-ssi…”, now she made her confused. Other master?

“Who’s your other master?”, Seohyun asked curiously.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you yet. Maybe someday I’ll tell you. Okay? If you don’t need my help, I excuse myself for preparing breakfast. In this time Yonghwa-ssi usually still take a bath and he won’t like to come late to his office because the breakfast”, Joomi asked permission to leave her room.

“Ne, thank you for the sharing, Joomi-ssi”

 

 

Seohyun felt relieved that she’s not live alone with Yonghwa, at least for a day in three days. But how about tomorrow and a day after that when Park Joomi wouldn’t come? Did the coldness between them come again, and she would felt hurt once more?   

 

 

 

Anyeooonnnnggg....I'm so sorry for making you waiting sooo long since the last update...I got many problems due to my job!!! And nowadays when the job problem was solved, I got new problem : Me and my boyfriend are still in FIGHT !!!! Aggghhh, whatever... Just enjoy everybody...:-)