CHAPTER 13 : CAN YOU PROMISE ME?

Heart Cheater

 

Seohyun couldn’t close her eyes that night. All happened that day was like a hell for her. Even when her parents asked about what will she does after their discussing with Jung’s family, she didn’t say anything. She need calm her body and mind, just for night. She knew “the time” would be nearer if she wasn’t doing anything. There’s a lot of thing which must be finished before “the time” coming. “The time” for her marriage, an important decision will change all of her life. Sure, she had a plan to marry with someone she loves, Jung Jinwoon. But now all of her plan just became trash and useless, because the one who will marry her is Jung Yonghwa, the most person she hates in the world. Seohyun just hoped that Yonghwa will prove his promise like what they were talking that night.

 

Flashback    

 

“Tell me what do you want exactly”, Yonghwa gave Seohyun serious expression.

“Just one thing, Yonghwa! Accept my baby, your child…”

He shocked after heard Seohyun’s demand. Slowly he let his grab on her hands off. He didn’t answer or gave any respons, he just looked on the ground. He didn’t expect her asked something like that. It was the worst.

“Can you?”, Seohyun asked him once more.

Yonghwa face her and asked, “How if I say no, I can’t?”

 

 

Seohyun widened her eyes and felt so angry, but tried to held it. She talked with someone who’s very stubborn and has cold heart like a stone, so she need to gave him logical explanation which would made him say “yes”.

“You can’t say that. Only you who will take responsibility, cause I’ll never let the others get in this problems further. Just face and solve about it! You’re not a child anymore, Yonghwa! It’s our own problem, you and me!”

He tried to digest her words one by one, thought about what will happen in future if he said yes for her demand. She waited minutes until he asked her once more.

“So, you want me to marry you?”, he asked and it made her smirked.

“For first time I must admit that your brain is working”

“What???”, he raised his voice.

“Yes, you must marry me”, she assured him with clear tone.

 

 

For a while, they just stared each other without said something. Actually, Seohyun’s heart beated so fast waited for his answer. She didn’t know what will she says more if his answer was still “NO”.

Yonghwa also couldn’t think clearly. His imaginations throbbed in his mind, some scenes which possibly happen if he accepted or refused her want. Married life? He never though such of that thing before. He was still traumatic with his parents marriage. His mother got very hard life because of her marriage. And the one who will become a victim because of marriage fail is the children. He couldn’t let any child has a life like his.

 

‘Wait, am I care about her baby now?’, he though.

 

He looked at Seohyun once more. He saw passionate eyes on her, with high expectation, hope his answer is “yes’.

“You know what is marriage life, aren’t you? That means you will live me, even you know that we hate each other?”

“Yonghwa, do you think that I want to marry you because I will spend my ages forever with you?”

Now he got confused with her sentence. She wanted a marriage before, but now she told like it was not so important thing.

“What do you mean?”

She sighed and looked away before gave him the answer.

 

“Our marriage is only way to get access from the government, so they can put your name as my child father. You know our country rule, a child who’s born not from a legal marriage get allowance to put only the mother’s name in their birth certificate, and I can’t do that for my baby. Or I can say, actually I just need your name.”

 

Yonghwa couldn’t hide his shocking, he just frowned because of her explanation. So, the real reason made her wanted a marriage was she just need his name legally in their child birth certificate?

“Hahh…You’re unpredictable woman, Seo Joohyun!!”

“Like what I said before, I don’t need anything from you. But that thing is for my baby, so even I don’t want it, I need to asked you”

They kept silence for a moment. Seohyun let him to think and make a right decision.               

“If I say yes for your want, what will you do after get my name to be put in the birth certificate?”

She crossed her arms on waist and gazed at him.

 

 

“I’ll pending my study for a year until my baby get born. Then I’ll continue it to finish and graduate from university. Can you promise me something after that? It will give both of us advantage”

He crossed his brow, “What thing? Why after your graduation?”

“Just stay in our marriage until I get my graduation. After that, we can live apart. I’ll get a job and take my child, go away from you…”

 

 

“You mean….A DIVORCE?”

 

He couldn’t hide his shocked expression. She wanted a divorce? He looked at her and saw a nodded.

“Yes, A DIVORCE. It won’t take so long time, just about 3 years later. You can promise me, right?”

 

End of Flashback

 

Seohyun laid her back and looked at ceiling. Tomorrow she will finishing all about allowance from university to pending her study for year. It must be done soon, because her marriage will be registered this week. Yeah, only be registered, nothing such of marriage ceremony, party, or even just dinner together. Those activities were for a normal marriage, hers was abnormal. If she remembered it, she would smiled or laughed bitterly. But it was her own decision and hoped will give the best for everyone, include for Jinwoon. She didn’t saw his appearance nor his mother while her family continued the discussion with Yonghwa and his father. And Yonghwa’s father…She was still remember his expression when Yonghwa told about his plan to marry her. He looked like wanted to cried and hugged his son, but he couldn’t. Something prevented him to acted as good father. So, he just said “okay” and “it’s up to you” to Yonghwa.

 

 

 

Morning comes. The sun light could be felt on his face. It was so warm compare with cold morning air. But he couldn’t open his eyes properly, his head was so dizzy. Slowly he tried open them more and noticed someone sat and gazed in front of him.

“Ahhh…I think you’ve dead…Thanks God, he’s still alive”, his friend whined.

“What time is it?”

“It’s 7, hyung! You have an hour for preparing everything before the office start. If you late, I’ll suggest my father to fire you as soon as possible”, his friend threat him.

“Your nagging is like an ahjumma, Kang Minhyuk! Don’t worry, your father company won’t get bankrupt because of me…”

“Yah, Yonghwa hyung!!! What’s wrong with you?? You know how your condition last night? Called me like a crazy person, got drunk until faint, and said something that we couldn’t understand. What do you mean with you will get married?”

Suddenly he got up and sat on the bed. He could think properly now. What Minhyuk said that time make him awake. Married? Yeah, now he remembered everything. He will get married with…Seohyun…So, it wasn’t just his dream. Minhyuk saw Yonghwa’s face suddenly was so pale and there was sweats on his forehead. Slowly he moved his hand to his hyung and touched it.

“Hyung, are you okay? You looked so pale…”

But Yonghwa just frowned on his position, then turned his head to Minhyuk.

“Yes, I will get married, Minhyuk…”

Minhyuk widened his eyes, so his hyung didn’t make a joke last night.

“Who is she?”

“Seo…Joo…Hyun…”

 

Heard his hyung wife to-be name, he gasped and hang open his mouth widely.

“Hyu…Hyung…Are you serious? You mean, Seo Joohyun…Seohyun?? Jinwoon’s girlfriend?? How can you…”

Before could finished his question, Yonghwa interrupted it and got up from the bed.

“Don’t talk or ask me more about it. You’ll know later.”

Once Yonghwa warned or gave a command, his dongsaeng couldn’t do anything but just kept silence let the hyung. When he just about opened the bathroom door, suddenly he turned to Minhyuk.

“Yah, do you still have her address?”

“Huh?? Whose address??”, Minhyuk asked him.

“Seohyun…You had been there, in her house, months ago”

Minhyuk thought for a while, had he been there? But when?

“Aaahh…I remember! The spy mission?”

Yonghwa just sighed and rolled his eyes. He didn’t answer him, just gave a nodded.

“Ne, I’m still saving her address”

 

 

 

BAD NEWS (for you), though it's GOOD NEWS (for me)...I think I can't update this story until 20 December...I got project in other city, it was such a test for upgrading my job position...And I have to more focus do it, it was my dream since I got this job...Please understand me...:-)

It had been schduled that I'll do a final presentation at 20 December...Wish me luck, everybody...See u soon!!!