CHAPTER 18 : COFFEE AND GOGUMA

Heart Cheater

 

It was Sunday, first weekend that she would pass it without makes a trouble for herself in the house. Days before, even though without Park Joomi as her accompany, Seohyun could passed the days easily. Yonghwa went to his office in early morning before she woke up. When he went home, she has finished her dinner and stayed in her room after that. Seohyun did them for no other reason than just because she didn’t want to appear in front of him too often, even only for saw each other. But today was different. Yonghwa wouldn’t go to office, it was his holiday.

 

Seohyun started the day with take a long breath, then sighed heavily. Okay, it was impossible for her to spend a whole time today in the bedroom. She looked at the wall clock, it was seven. How much she wishes that Yonghwa has an important schedule or work which makes him wouldn’t be here for a whole day? And she got the answer when she just reached the kitchen for preparing breakfast. He was there, too. He was taking a glass when he heard a small gasping voice. Even though it was just a soft gasp, he can heard it clearly. He turned his body to looked at behind, saw Seohyun with her shocked face.

 

Actually, he also shocked a little, but his cold face hides it well. He cleared his throat a moment before speak first.

 

“I…. I just want make coffee. It’s almost finished, then you can use the kitchen”, he can hide his expression well, but not his voice. It was heard a bit nervous and shaking.

“Uh…. Coffee?”, she wanted to continue told him that it was so unhealthy drink coffee in morning, but she suppressed not to speak more when remember what he told her before. Don’t get into his own business!

“Okay…”, she only nodded and waited until the coffee fragrance filled the kitchen signed that he was finishing his coffee making.    

 

Yonghwa brought his coffee to living room and drank it there. From his place, he can saw Seohyun was doing something in the kitchen, but he didn’t sure what is that. It’s weird. Usually, he had no problem with the silence in his house. He was okay if there’s no any sound or voice when he was alone. But today he wanted so much that there’s any sound there, so he the television and tried to watch programs, whatever they are. He only didn’t want while enjoyed the coffee, his gaze would turn to the kitchen and saw Seohyun again every time she makes sound from pan, knife, and other kitchen tools. Until he realized something, it was first time he watch the television in that house! Really a weird day.

 

In the kitchen, Seohyun was preparing breakfast for herself. She wanted steamed goguma since last night, but just can be fulfilled in the morning. Fortunately, she went to market with Joomi two days ago, so she had goguma stock there. Then she looked at living room when heard some programs from TV. She remembered about Yonghwa who only has coffee as his breakfast. However, it was not good for health. Hesitantly, she added some pieces of goguma into the pan which has filled with goguma for herself before. But suddenly she took again those addition goguma.

“Seohyun, what are you doing? Try to act good? What for?”, she shooked her head while thought it.

 

She waited her breakfast ready with sat on one of chair in the kitchen. She didn’t want join Yonghwa in living room nor leave the kitchen. Once again she checked the pan and make sure that the goguma were ready to be eaten. Slowly she peeled the skin and began to enjoy her breakfast.

“Mmm… So, this is what people call as starving while you’re pregnant. It was so hurt when I can’t fulfill this. But after get it, it feels so great, so daebak!”, she said to herself and smile widely. One piece, two pieces, until three pieces of goguma went to and into her stomach. Suddenly she felt so hurt in her tummy. That feeling raised up to her chest and continued to . She knew what is that. So she hurry got up from the chair and ran toward the bathroom near the stair. No longer time for her finishing that in her bathroom, so used one in first floor would be best choice.

 

Yonghwa was still sipping his coffee when he saw Seohyun suddenly ran leave the kitchen and close tightly. Curious, he stood up and walked slowly following her, but still not so close. He stopped his step and taken back a bit when he heard her vomited and coughed hard. He was still in his state until Seohyun finished what was she doing there. She came from the place with sudden pale face, so different with before. He had no other options but asked her.

“What’s wrong?”

Seohyun didn’t say anything, she just stared at him, still slightly opened. He saw her walking with heavy steps to reach the couch for sitting. He followed and approached her, but didn’t sit like her, just stood in front of her.

“What’s wrong?”, he asked once more.

She just shook her head and leaned it back. The confused man was still standing without able to do anything. It has been so long since he faced situation like this when his mother was sick years ago. But it was different. He was still too young before, and not him who treated his mother.

 

“Give me your mom’s phone number!”, Yonghwa asked her, made her straightened her head and widened her eyes. Did he wanted her mom’s number? Couldn’t believe what she just heard already, she made sure that once more.

“My mom’s phone number? What for?”

“Just… Uhm, just want asking her…”, he held his nape and avoid Seohyun’s gaze.

“Asking? About what?”, she more confused.

Then Yonghwa stared at her and sighed loudly.

 

“Yah! Why do you always ask me? Just give me her phone number, hurry!”, he raised his voice a bit.

Now Seohyun who would raised up her voice. What’s wrong with him? She just asked him, even in usual way, no yelling or shouting. But look at his reaction, she thought that it was so over.

“And why are you yelling like that? I just asked you why!”, then she crossed her arms to her side and turned head to right side.

“Okay, I tell you! I saw you vomited and it’s mean that you’re sick. I just want ask your mother what does she always do when you got sick. You got it?”, finally he explained his reason. Heard it, she glared at him and showed her –can’t trust your words- expression.

“Kotjimal!”, she knew that there’s another reason behind that.

“Hahh!! Okay, I don’t like being sick or have someone sick in my house! Satisfy, missy?”, he lost his patience.

 

She smirked after heard his answer. That’s it! She knew in the end, he just cared about himself, nothing changed in him.

“I need to explain something, I think you’re misunderstanding, Yonghwa! It’s not sick, okay it’s a sick, but only happens for pregnant woman. It’s called morning sick, you got it? And you don’t need to call my mother because I’m okay now”, Seohyun explained so well, didn’t show her pale face or weak voice more. Thanks to Yonghwa, his yelling woke her strength to yelled back and it made her condition became better.

“Morning sick?”, he asked once more, with confusing tone now.

“Yes, mister! Morning sick, it happens when a pregnant woman is still in her first trimester. Ahhh, seems like you don’t know anything! I will get this condition almost everyday for these three months, okay? So, you have no reason to feel worry that you will have someone sick in your house, because my morning sick won’t cause trouble for you. Never, I promise!”, she explained again, in the last part, seems like her purpose was for humiliating him for knowing nothing about a pregnant woman.

“Oh! It’s good then…”, he can’t say anything else and proceed to go the kitchen, he need something to cleared his throat. Seohyun was still sitting on the coach when Yonghwa back from kitchen and brought her goguma plate.

 

 

“You forget your breakfast. What it is? Goguma? Are you camping or what?”, he said sarcastically and placed the place on table.

“You eat them, I lost my appetite”, she ignored to continue her breakfast.

“What? No! I’m not eating breakfast, coffee is enough for me!”, he refused her offer.

“Didn’t you hear it, I lost my appetite? And it won’t be hurt you for just eating some pieces of goguma. Are you afraid me put poison there? I don’t like idea of someone has…”, actually she wanted to tell him that she didn’t like idea of someone has only coffee for breakfast, because it was not healthy. But she changed her later words.

 

“Has…attitude to leave foods not be eaten”

Then she stood up and proceed to leave living room and went upstair to her bedroom. Before reached the stair, she heard Yonghwa said.

“Okay I will eat them, because I don’t like idea of someone used money for buying something but makes that thing useless in the end just because of losing appetite. Even that someone is not the one who put effort to get the money”

She turned her head and glared to him, but he already left while brought the plate toward the kitchen.  

 

 

Please wait and be patience for next update,,,, It will be at next 3 or 4 days....:)