Chapter 1

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai yawned quietly scratching his bed head and looked at the tiny figure sleeping under his covers. A sincere grin appeared on Kai’s lips as he lifts the blanket just enough to show the little snoozers toes. Kai teasingly tickled the flat surface of Asher’s tiny feet making his little toes curl.

“Daddy, five more minutes.” He whined tiredly too cute for Kai to bug him any further.

“It’s time to get up buddy.”

Asher stirred in bed for a few more seconds before sitting up and rubbing his eyes with those tiny knuckles of his. “Good morning daddy.”

“Good morning.” Asher wrapped his arms around Kai’s neck as Kai scooped Asher up into his arms and set him standing on the bathroom stall. Kai softly pated Asher’s face with a warm damp towel and filled Asher’s cup up with water, squeezing a pea size toothpaste onto Asher’s toothbrush and handing it to him.

Kai brushed his teeth happily beside his son. This was a daily routine for them and Kai wouldn’t have it any other way, then you have his own little son here beside him.

It has been almost five years since Hyeri had left Kai to care for Asher, and Asher was now four. But there wasn’t a day that Kai had ever regretted working so hard just to keep a roof over his son’s head and feed him good food. Of course, there were days when Kai just wanted to call quits, but the thoughts of Asher’s smiling face kept Kai fighting until the very end. And thank god for his amazing sense of friends, Kai was now working in a company as a private chauffeur, making decent amount of cash to where he wouldn’t have to bust three to four jobs at once.

“Done!” Asher grinned from ear to ear and Kai smiled patting his head. “Daddy since I brushed my own teeth today can you buy me some coffee?”

“Okay, bud.”

Asher ran back into their bedroom jumping on the bed as Kai followed behind getting Asher’s school uniform ready. Asher jumped off the bed and stood before Kai so that he could help button up the clothes.

“I want to look awesome like daddy and drink coffee like daddy. Drive a car like daddy and grow tall and powerful like daddy too.” He continued to ramble on all cheery like, making Kai chuckle at his son’s cuteness. The only source of happiness Kai had was Asher.

“Then you’ll have to eat a lot, get good grades, take showers every night, sleep early and go to school on time.” Kai brought Asher’s backpack to him and hooked it onto Asher’s back.

“And then would daddy be proud of me?”

“Daddy is always proud of you.” Kai pat Asher’s head once and continued to get himself ready, while Asher ran around the house for a few minutes with his toy planes in hand.

“Finish your breakfast and then we’ll go get that coffee you wanted, okay?” Kai set a plate of hot toast and warm eggs down along with milk and orange juice.

For the whole four years of Asher’s life he had never known the definition of a mother. And Kai had never heard him asked about Hyeri nor say the word ‘mommy’. Besides the time when Asher was beginning to take his first steps and Kai’s older sister was there to babysit Asher through Kai’s hard times and Asher was beginning to call her ‘Ma’, but Kai had to teach him that she was his aunt not his mother. And never again did Kai hear him say Ma or mom ever again. But being a smart kid, Asher just accepted the fact that maybe he didn’t have a mom like every other kids out there. Maybe he only had a dad, but his dad alone was enough for him.

 

“Are we getting my coffee now?” Asher asked innocently, grinning showing his teeth. Kai smiled back at him, holding Asher’s tiny hands with his right and nodded.

“Hi, can I take a.. hot coco to go please.” Kai had to lower his voice a bit just in case Asher had heard him. This was what Kai did buy him hot Chocolate instead of coffee and Asher would end up believing that it was coffee since t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter