Chapter 4

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai grabbed a glass cup from the cupboards and filled it up with some cold water from the tap. The ice cold tap water did its job by cooling him down after a hot shower. Though Kai was only attending a welcome Gala and being a chauffeur for the day, he was dead beet. Just try wearing all formal-like, bowing to everyone who passes you by every five minutes and baby sitting your boss's son for the night. Kai felt as though that was even more tiring than when he was busting four jobs all at once. Okay maybe that was little over exaggerated, but still Sehun's little bickering attitude telling Kai to do this and that, had Kai working overtime. Which leads Kai to this, all dead tired and what-not.

"Daddy."

A little voice made Kai's ears perk up as he turned around to face the tiny figure who was his eyes.

"Asher, what are you still doing up?" Kai left his glass of water to attend Asher with one of his knees on the ground getting even with Asher's height and Asher still his eyes. "God, I thought Suho said he put in bed already."

Glancing at his watch it was almost 2am in the morning and here Asher is, awake.

"I couldn't fall asleep, daddy. I had to fake that I was sleeping or Uncle Suho would tell you and you would get mad at me. But I just wanted to see you so please don't get mad at me." Asher's words cane out like a sweet little plea and with a face so adorably cute like that how could Kai ever be mad at him. It was just that Kai was worried about how Asher was going to learn in school tomorrow because it was 2 in the freaking morning.

"I'm not mad, silly." Kai swept Asher up into his arms and set Asher's little bum on the kitchen counter, while he pours Asher a small glass of milk. "Now tell me why you aren't asleep again?" Asher took a tiny gulp of the cold milk before answering Kai.

"I wanted to see you daddy and plus you're really late today, did that mean you had fun? Did you meet a lot of new people? Did Asher's good luck charm work?"

"Okay, okay, one question at a time." Kai chuckled at how interested his son was in knowing how his evening went. "First of all, the party which is also known as a Gala, it was okay. I would've rather stayed home and watched Pororo with you. Second I did meet a lot people. Some humble business men and women. My boss's son." He was a little and Hyeri, your mother. "So yeah I'm pretty sure your charm did the job." Kai partly lied.

"Okay!" Asher smiled and nodded with determination and finished the rest of his glass milk that was currently held in his tiny hands. Kai smiled softly and ruffled Asher's hair before dropping Asher's empty glass of milk into the sink.

"Time for bed, don't you think?"

"Mm hm!" Asher nodded his little noggin, happily wrapping his short tiny arms around Kai's neck as Kai took him in his arms and they both left for the bedroom, calling it a night.

 

"You're late." Was the first thing Kai heard from Sehun when he arrived at the five star hotel with Sehun walking out looking all professional-like. "You were supposed to be here thirty minutes ago, I'm going to be late for the first head meeting."

"Well, sorry." Kai didn't sound all too apologetic and without saying a word back to Kai, Sehun just slipped into the black audi. Kai can see how Sehun was just glaring at him through the rear view mirror and every time he looked at his watch, Sehun just seemed to get more irritated. "Why the hell are you even late?"

"You could've taken a taxi instead, why wait?" It wasn't that he was running late on purpose, taking Aiden to school was a priority and it wasn't his fault that Sehun wanted to stay at this fancy hotel and not at the Oh Household.

Sehun's scowl only deepens. "Because you're my personal chauffeur have you forgotten? And I'm your boss so stop acting so hostile."

"No, your dad is my boss. I'm only babysitting you for the time being because none of the other chauffeurs seems to be able to do their job."

"Nor you, seeing that you're late to pick me up." Sehun is the CEO's son, but Kai wasn't about to belittle himself to Sehun.

"Maybe I wouldn't have to drive and extra fifteen minutes if you would have just stayed at your house last night." Kai could see Sehun chewing his bottom lip as he tore his eyes away from Kai and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter