Chapter 3

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rich boy problems, I'm guessing."

"You wouldn't understand." Sehun looked like a troubled child, and Kai wasn't about to comfort him, but he had just challenged Kai, saying Kai wouldn't know anything.

"Try me."

Sehun turned to face Kai and that glare was there again. "Just who are you, to be talking so much like this?" Kai was always somewhat of a talker, which was how he managed to get Hyeri back then.

"Someone not worth remembering." And Kai meant that, because once Sehun walks back in, he wouldn't remember a lowly chauffeur, which Sehun didn't even know of. "I'm sure the guests are waiting to meet the chairman's son."

“I don’t exactly wish to be back in there.”

“Well you won’t be able to sneak out of here either, unless..” Kai jerked his chin over the balcony as Sehun’s eyes widen. “You make a jump for it.”

“Are you crazy, there’s not exactly a Romeo or whoever down there to catch me. I’ll end up breaking my skull.” Sehun looked pitiful right now in Kai’s eyes and if Kai didn’t find the sudden excitement in messing with Sehun so much, maybe Kai would’ve helped the poor guy out.

Kai didn’t know if it was really in his place to be acting this way with Sehun, but he could really careless. “So Juliet IS waiting for his Romeo.” Kai smirked at how carelessly gullible Sehun looked right now with slight flushed cheeks that showed even through the moonlight.

“I don’t exactly have a Romeo or whatever.” Sehun turned his gaze back off of the balcony, probably lost in his own thoughts tightening his tie on once again, fixating himself. Kai watched Sehun intently as he straightened up his suit before placing his palm on the glass door. “But I do have a… fiancé.” The word fiancé came out as a whisper before Sehun made his entrance back into the Gala, through the clear glassed doors.

Kai fisted the pearl railings of the balcony. He just really wish to return home to Aiden now. Kai was never really a great fan of parties, such as these, but being the chairman’s personal chauffeur, Kai didn’t have a choice.

"Dude, where did you go, Chairman's looking for you." Kyungsoo suddenly burst through the glass doors and dragged Kai back into the crowd. Kai cursed beneath his breath, he hasn't ever kept the big man waiting before. And due to his lack of liking Galas, Kai had lost track of time.

Kai gave the chairman a polite bow as Kai approached him alongside with Sehun standing beside him.

"Sehun, this is Kai, my personal chauffeur. Kai meet my son, Sehun."

"You-" Sehun's eyes widen a bit when Kai gives him a quick bow in acknowledgment.

"I see you two have already met." The chairman was quite cheery, Kai's guess was probably because Sehun was finally back after four years.

"Yes, we bumped into each other earlier." Kai answered for Sehun, since Sehun looked like he was too lost in words to say anything.

"Good, good, we can cut the introductions and go straight to business then. Kai, from now on, you'll transfer to become Sehun's personal chauffeur. You're the only one I can trust with my son's life."

"You can put your trust in me, sir." Kai bowed down in appreciation. He was glad that the chairman had specifically chosen him for this job, which meant he must be an elite employee. The only problem Kai had was that he'd have to see Hyeri a lot more from now on and Kai would probably have less time to spend with Asher too.

The chairman and Sehun returned to greeting the guests as Kai excused himself to the restroom. On his way out Kai felt a quick hold on his right cuff making hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter