Chapter 9

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kai didn't even bother hearing Kyungsoo out before he sprinted out in search for both Asher and Chanyeol like a mad man. Kai was searching for them both because appearantly something urgent had happened to Asher and Chanyeol because he was in charge of Kai's smiling ball of sunshine and Kai swore to the gods that if any harm came to Asher, Chanyeol was going to end up being dead.                                  

 

Kai pushed the corridors open and right beyond the middle of the stairs, Asher sat there with his leg limp as ever and hands holding on to Chanyeol for dear life as Chanyeol held him close. Asher's tiny whines were like thorn pricks in Kai's heart. He knows that his little boy isn't the type to cry out and make a scene, he was taught better than that. And if Asher starts to whimper, it's because he really is in pain. Or worst, Asher's peanut allergies. 

 

"Asher!" Kai knelt down on both knees to get a clear view of him. The sound of Asher's breath was short and fast as if he was short out of breath. His cute round eyes were barely lit open as he stared lazily back at Kai. "Chanyeol what the happened!?" Kai wasn't the kind of man to react in such a childish manner, but what can a single father do or think at a time like this.     

 

"He just all of a sudden went limp and before I could reach out for him, he went tumbling down." Chanyeol seemed to be in just as much fright as Kai was.

                                

Limp? Loss of composure.

 

"What was Asher eating?" 

 

"Chocolates. I made sure he didn't come in contact with any peanuts."

Kai instantly undid the bow tie that was worn around Asher's neck, along with the first two buttons of Asher's fancy shirt. There were evidence of tiny red blotches appearing around his tiny neck and that was when Kai instantly panicked but still tried to remain his calm posture.

"..." in a whisper that only he can hear Kai bit his bottom lip hard before turning to Kyungsoo who stood right beside. "Soo, call an ambulance." And right that instant, Kyungsoo got up faster than ever before making a quick call. "It's Asher's allergic reaction towards peanuts. He must have eaten some."

"I'm sorry,  Kai. I should have-"

"No, it's my fault." Kai gave Chanyeol a reassuring gaze and turned to quickly glance at Sehun before his eyes rested back on Asher. "I let myself get distracted."      

"Wait, did you say peanut allergies?"  Hyeri's voice was heard all out of a sudden. Kai clenched his teeth with a scowl planted on his brows.   

"Da..dy.." Asher whimpered as his arms reach out to wrap them around Kai's neck. "I.. can't.. feel my.. feet." Asher was pouting with his baby lips trembling. Kai could see and feel how scared Asher actually was.       

"Kai the paramedics are here." Kyungsoo placed a hand on Kai's shoulder and instantly Kai's eyes met Sehun's in a hurry before he scooped Asher up into his arms and carried him out of that house full of nightmares. Nothing good ever came when Kai was there anyway. Why did Kai believe that today was?

The medical technician securely strapped Asher on as Kai climbed in from behind.

 

 

Asher had finally fallen asleep after two hours of being frightened by the doc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter