Chapter 2

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was the first one to tare his gaze away from Kai, probably due to the way Hyeri was tapping his shoulder trying to get his attention.

“Lee Hyeri?” Kyungsoo was dumbfounded.

“Yes, beautiful isn’t she?” Chanyeol sighed dreamily, but earned a hard slap on back of his shoulder.

“, that’s Kai’s ex-wife. Asher’s mom. The woman who left Kai four years ago.”

“What? Oh, sorry, dude.” Chanyeol gave Kai an apologetic look.

“Don’t be. You didn’t know and plus, we have nothing that ties us together anymore.” Kai answered uninterested.

“Not even Asher?” Chanyeol asked out of curiosity.

 “Shut up!” Kyungsoo slapped Chanyeol at the back of his head hard.

 “Ouch, shorty!”

“She didn’t even think of Asher before deciding on leaving like that.” Turning his back towards the stage, Kai left to go grab another glass of whiskey with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo following closely behind.

A few minutes had passed by and Kai was sure that it was about time for all the employees to meet Sehun and Hyeri, but Kai wasn’t in the best condition right now to meeting or talking to anybody in a professional manner.

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Kai were in their own little group away from most of crowd.

“Kai?” That voice it was all too familiar to Kai and he didn’t want to turn around to face it, but eventually he did, only after closing his eyes and breathing in slowly.

It was Hyeri, seeing her up close like this made Kai instantly lose his interest in this welcoming Gala. She was probably able to make him out of all the guests here. Sehun was nowhere to be seen beside her. It had just been her who had approached Kai alone.

Kai held no hate towards her whatsoever, but with her being so close to Kai like this, it has been awhile and with her leaving Kai and Asher like that on a bridge, Kai's only natural instinct is feel defensive. By shoving all feelings aside.

There was no doubt that Kai still found her beautiful and the way she stood by Sehun looking so elegantly, she probably made the right choice to avoid the poverty that Kai and Asher had to go through, but whenever Kai thought about little five year old Asher, Hyeri’s doings are forever unforgivable.

 "Kyungsoo and I'll just excuse ourselves." Chanyeol cleared his throat he had to Kyungsoo away with him earning a quick smack from Kyungsoo, but still didn't let him go.

 Kai mentally cursed at Chanyeol for being so dumb at a time like this, obviously Kai didn't want to be left alone with Hyeri, as much as even talk to her.

 "How have you been, Kai? Have you and Asher been doing well?" Her voice was genuine, as if she actually cared about how they have been living their lives the past few years. "Asher, he, he must have grown so much by now. How is he?"

 Her sudden act of caring suddenly made Kai irked to hell's pit.

"Who do you think you are, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter