Chapter 8

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N Note!: I miss you guyssssss!! I'm so sorry for the long absence, but I'm afraid my writing has gotten so bad to the point where I even thought about deactivating, but we'll see how it turns out. I miss you guys so much... TT^TT (PS. UN BETA ED)

 

 

Beautiful?

Yes, that's what Sehun was in Kai's eyes tonight.

                 

Sehun's chestnut brown hair was perfectly geled back, which only complimented him more in his fancy attire. And standing at the top of the steps looking like a graceful prince in the night, all the more reasons for Kai to find Sehun appealing. 

 

Was it bad that Kai thought of a man as beautiful? Of course not.     

 

"I'm really glad you came." Sehun was the first to speak again with that sincere smile never leaving his pink thin lips.

 

 Kai could only slightly bowed his head in response. He felt Sehun's soft gaze pulling him in. It was  rather nervous yet longing, needy and also yet innocent. 

 "Daddy." The tiny tug of Kai's fingers brought his attention back to the little boy standing beside him. Asher stared at him with questioning eyes, as if to ask who exactly was Sehun.       

He can only smile at how curious his little four year old was of the things and people that surrounded them. But how was Kai going to tell him? This is my new boss, your mom's fiancé, your soon to be new step-daddy? No, none of those things sounded right.     

 

Before Kai could muster up any words to clearify, Sehun had stepped down from the stairs bending down low enough to greet Asher with a smile. "Hi, Asher. My name is Sehun. I'm your dad's.. " Kai could see and feel the nervous struggle in Sehun's eyes and on his rose tinted cheeks when he quickly look up to steal a glance of Kai. "Friend."  

"Hello." Asher squeaked out with a toothy grin. Kai could sense the nervousness coming from Asher by the way his tiny fingers tightened around Kai's, but there was also excitement in the way Asher was smiling at Sehun. Kai was their tiny interactions as the grin on Asher's face slowly faded as he stared intently into Sehun's eyes, with his mouth slightly agape. "You are really pretty, mister Sehun." Blinking once as he stepped closer to look at Sehun's blushing face, before a grin takes over his lips again. "My daddy has a really pretty, 'boy' friend."

The moment Kai heard the word 'boy' friend, he couldn't help, but chuckle at how gulibly cute Asher was. While Sehun's eyes automatically shot up like space saucers, he cleared his throat trying to hide the evidence of his jumping heart. "Th.. thank you... and please, just call me Sehun."

"Sehun!" Asher beamed brightly at Sehun showing him his best smile and pearly white teeth. 

Kai didn't even realize that a sincere and sweet smile had crept it's way to his lips due to the heart warming scene before him. It was wrong for Kai to let Asher become more closer to Sehun that this, but for some strange reason, Kai has never felt more at ease at the way Asher smiled upon Sehun's appearance and the way Sehun seemed to instantly have a connection with the only person left in Kai's life which he held dearly.

 

“Sehun?” A voice that Kai was all too familiar with called out. “Your father and my parents wishes for our presence-” Hyeri stood frozen at the top of the stairs. She looked as lovely as ever. Her beautiful ash brown hair stops at the tip of her shoulders with and crème khaki dress that complimented her complexion. She was stunning from head to toe.

Hyeri’s mouth had fallen slightly agape. Kai couldn’t tell is she was glad to see both him and Asher or was she just too afraid of the fact that they were carrying a conversation with her “trophy” fiancé.

“Let them know I’ll be there in a minute.” Sehun mumbled without sparing Hyeri even a glance. She only nodded and began to retreat before she turned back to glance at Asher one last time and made her way in. Something strange inside of Kai tugged at the strings of his heart, it was painful yet annoying all at the same.

Sehun extended his hand to give Asher a loving pat on head, when Kai sudden grabbed hold of Sehun’s wrist to stop him. “Don’t touch my son.”

“Huh?”

“Don’t act all kind and innocent in front of my son.”

“Kai.. what are you talking about-?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be inside? Don’t you rich nobles have something better to do than to hang around with peasants like us?” There Kai went again with his sarcastic mouth again.

Kai could see the shudder in Sehun’s eyes, the way his chocolate orbs suddenly looked teary all of a sudden and the way his mouth fell slightly agape, lost in Kai’s harsh words.

“Fine.”

Kai’s eyes caught sight of the way Sehun’s lips trembled before he turned his back, hands knotted and made his way up the steps.

When Sehun disappeared through the glass doors, Kai let out a frustrated sigh. Everything had seemed to be going just fine, until Kai caught the sight of Hyeri. Old feelings always seem to erupt and they annoyed Kai to hell’s pits.

“Daddy, why did you do that, didn’t you teach me to be nice to friends?” Asher had on his most innocent face. “Why were you being mean to Sehun? Is he not your friend?”

“I wished everyone that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter