Chapter 6

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

“Can you hand me a towel? I forgot mine.” Kai smiled cheekily as he stuck his head out of the bathroom.

Hyeri clicked her tongue and shook her head as if she was disappointed, but Kai knew that she was only playing around.

"Here.” She handed it to him, without looking at him. She was still shy that she might see parts of Kai, which she shouldn’t see yet. But instead of grabbing hold of the towel, Kai grabbed her wrist instead and pulled her inside the shower room.

"Kai!" She giggled with the pleasant voice of hers that Kai loved so much and playfully slapped his tanned well-built chest.

Of course he was only joking with her, he had his towel wrapped safely around his waist.

It was hot with the warm mist of the hot shower steam surrounding them. Kai had Hyeri pushed up against the bathroom walls and he leans in close to her lips.

"Don’t be shy, we’re married.”

Hyeri shook her head and smiled. “I’m not shy. I just..” She threw the towel over Kai’s head to dry his wet hair. Kai leans in to capture her lips and Hyeri soon responds to the kiss hauling Kai in closer towards her.

"I love you, Kai."

"I love you too." Kai kissed her soft lips again and again.

“Let’s start a family.” She murmurs subtly against Kai’s lips and Kai couldn’t agree more. He loves her, of course he would want to give her everything that she yearned for. And for now, she wanted a family and so did Kai.

"Okay, let’s start a family.”

Kai awoke to pure darkness and Asher, the only little family that Kai and Hyeri was able to create. A low sigh escaped Kai’s mouth as he palmed his face. He had no idea why he had dreamed about the past. Maybe it was because he has been bumping into Hyeri a lot lately or maybe because she was the last person he thought of before he drifted off to sleep. Kai wasn’t sure, but he was sure that his heart no longer raced the same beats for her as it did four years ago. So why?

*

Kai walked into the Chairman’s office like he was asked to.

“You called me, Mr. Oh?”

"Ah Kai, yes I did.” The chairman put aside some paperwork probably having to do with their family business and looked at Kai from his spectacles. “There is a dinner gathering for Sehun's engagement tonight. It'll be held at his future in-laws. I'd be glad if you could make it." Of course, Hyeri had told Kai about this and he had already forgotten. And her oh-so-loving parents (not really) will be meeting Sehun for the first time.

Kai bit the inside of his cheek. He wanted to say something, make something up, an excuse, anything just not to go. How mortified would Kai feel to step foot inside the household of the people who detested Kai with all their being, even to the point of disowning Hyeri for marrying Kai in the past. This was just a god-awful idea on a whole different level.

"My apologies Mr. Oh, but its so sudden, I won't have enough time to find Asher a sitter." Lies. Kai's got Suho and Lay.

"That wouldn't be a problem. The Lee household would welcome children as well. This is a dinner gathering with the whole Oh's Corps. after all. Just remember to dress classy. The more people the merrier." Kai wanted to cringe at the old man for smiling like that. The chairman didn't even know about Kai's history with the Lee's and Kai sure as hell didn't want to bring his baby anywhere near the people who wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter