Chapter 12

Moirai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Sehun! Sehun!!”

Asher ran through the hallway with his new action figures that Kai had just recently bought him and into the living room where Sehun was patiently waiting for him.

Kai was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Tonight Asher had specially asked Kai to prepare one of his favorite dish, ginseng chicken soup. He quickly finished setting the table for three before looking it over and resuming to peak at Sehun and Asher.

Kai doesn't understand really the feelings inside that he is feeling, but all he knows is that when he sees how happy Asher is whenever he is with Sehun, Kai also find himself smiling, and possibly just as happy. Another thing that Kai couldn’t comprehend was that he didn't know exactly when Sehun's smiles started to affect him.

"Daddy?" Asher's voice knocked Kai out of his thoughts. "Is chicken soup ready?"

Kai's eyes widen a bit at a loss of words, still a little surprised at Asher for catching him in his trance. 

"Um, yeah."

"Yay!" Asher jumped up from the floor he was lying on and grabbed onto Sehun's hand. "Come on, Sehun! Daddy made chicken soup, it's the best in the world!"

Sehun turned to look at Kai and then smiled at Asher. "Alright, let's go."

"Be careful the soup is really hot." Kai placed Asher's tiny bowl and chicken broth in front of him and Asher was quick to dig into it with his spoon and suddenly let out a tiny cry the moment his spoon touched his lips.

Kai only let out a hearty laugh before filling Sehun's rice bowl up with rice. Kai already knew that Asher was going to do that. His ball of sunshine always got a little too excited for food and always ended up burning his mouth. "I told you to be careful because it's hot."

"Daddy is mean.." Asher pouted which made Sehun chuckle a little at the scene before him.

"Here, let me help you cool it down." Sehun took the hot bowl of soup in his hands and blew it a little to cool it down before handing it back to Asher. "Should be better now. Try it."

Asher took a spoonful of it in his mouth and showed Sehun a toothy grin.

"All better?"

"Mmm hmm!"

“Thank you for dinner, Kai.” And there it was again, that smile that could possible make Kai’s heart leap out of his chest.

After the hearty meal Asher went back to playing with his toys while Kai was cleaning up with the help of Sehun.

"You can go back and stay with Asher, I've got this." 

"Oh.. no.. I should be helping too, at least.. help you clean.." Kai can hear the nervousness in Sehun's voice. 

"You really don't have to."

"But I.. I want.." Sehun's cheeks turned pink as he bit his bottom lip. "Actually I've never cleaned or washed any dishes before."

Kai really wasn't too surprised. Sehun's father was a man bathing in gold and the same went for Sehun too. Kai was sure that inside the Oh household, maids and butlers did everything that there was to be done, but Sehun's kindness always made Kai curious.

"Why now?"

"Huh?"

"Why clean now, when you never had to before." Kai didn’t mean for it to sound li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter