I'm Listening, Hyung

I'm Yours (JiKook Drabble/One Shot Collection)

Story 6 || I'm Listening, Hyung

Word Count: 1269

__________________________________________________________

There was definitely something off today. JungKook had been noticing for a while that JiMin wasn't quite himself recently, but today was the first time that he was absolutely sure that there was something up. The elder had been getting more and more distant, not only from JungKook, but all of the members. JungKook just wasn't sure if the others were noticing as much as he was. Not only that, but he also wasn't eating much these days. JungKook knew that JiMin was concerned about his appearance and that he wanted to lose weight, but JiMin was basically starving himself, only eating when it seemed absolutely necessary. That's why JungKook was not surprised when JiMin fainted during practice yesterday. Of course JungKook was worried, but he wasn't surprised. That night when JungKook tried to talk to JiMin about it, the elder avoided the topic.

Today, they were practicing again. JiMin seemed to have more energy now than he did yesterday, and that was a good thing. But he was still...off. JungKook didn't have the slightest idea as to what could be bothering his hyung so much.

"Park JiMin!" The instructor's voice echoed in the room as the music was shut off for brobably the 10th time today, and every time it had been because of JiMin. "Are you going to take this seriously?" The instructor asked as the other members gave JiMin a dirty look. JungKook knew that they were tired of repeating the steps, but he wished they would pay attention to the fact that JiMin wasn't doing well.

"I'm sorry." JiMin said as tears fell from his eyes, and that's when JungKook knew that something was really wrong. It wasn't that JiMin never cried. He didn't cry often, but he did cry. It was that JiMin never cried about something so trivial as making mistakes in practice. That was no big deal because they would just start again and again until they got it right. "I'm sorry." JiMin repeated as he bowed.

The dance instructor called JiMin out of the dance room where they could talk in private.

The other members sort of stood there dumbfounded, not knowing what to do while they waited for JiMin and the instructor to return. "JungKook." TaeHyung was tapping the maknae on the shoulder, and JungKook turned to look at him. "Do you know what's wrong with JiMin?"

Out of all the members, JungKook and V were the two that JiMin was closest to. If there were something wrong, surely he would tell them if any one, right? JungKook shook his head as he realized that JiMin wouldn't talk about it to them. JiMin probably wouldn't tell any of the members if he had anything going on because he was the one that every other member confided in. If anyone ever needed someone to talk to, JiMin was always the one to provide a listening ear.

...

Later at the dorm, JungKook went to find JiMin sitting in the room by himself. He knew that JiMin wasn't going to search for someone to talk to, but he knew that JiMin needed it. Someone to talk to, that is. So, as his friend, JungKook felt that it was his responsibility to get JiMin talking. JungKook slowly walked over to the bed and sat down next to JiMin. "Hyung," He said softly. Normally JungKook wouldn't be so formal and polite with the elder, but now was not the time for joking around. "I'm listening." JungKook didn't know what else to say.

JiMin shook his head as he lay on the bed and burried his face in his pillow. "JungKook, you are the last person I want to bother with my issues." He said, and JungKook could tell that he was crying again. It hurt him to see JiMin in so much pain, especially when he had no idea what was hurting him so much.

"Well, that's too bad because I'm the first person who came." JungKook said rubbing JiMin's back in attempt to comfort him. "I always confide in you. Now it's your turn to trouble me."

JiMin's breathing was heavy, but he didn't say anything. JungKook also stayed silent, hoping that his hyung would eventually find some words to say to him. Hoping that JiMin would open to the maknae and let him know his pains and worries. "I can't." JiMin cried. "Everyone has their own worries to worry about. You guys tell me everytime something is wrong. Every time you have something that you don't want to tell the other members, I'm the one that everyone chooses to tell. Because of that, I can't bother you with my worries."

JungKook suddenly understood, slightly, why JiMin was in so much pain. It was true that the members usually looked for him when they were in a tough situation. When they didn't want to tell anyone else what was bothering, JiMin was always the one that was chosen. Even the oldest members confided in JiMin when things weren't going their way. And JiMin kept all of their secrets. He never told any of the members. There were so many things that JiMin knew that no one else knew about. That alone was probably a bit burden on the elder. Since JiMin knew that the members all had their own worries, he never felt that it was appropriate for him to share his with them. JungKook realized that everyone was just taking JiMin's listening ear for granted, and he was no better than the others.

"Hyung." JungKook said, crossing his arms over JiMin's shoulder and resting on him. "If you are hurting, you have to tell someone. I'm here to listen to you."

"My life isn't perfect." Was all JiMin said.

"I know." JungKook responded when he realized that JiMin wasn't going to say anything else. 

JiMin's breath was steadying a little, but JungKook could tell that it was painful on him. "My mom..." JiMin started, and JungKook was already afraid to hear the rest of that sentence. "My mom was diagnosed with cancer and put into the hospital." JiMin explained. JungKook could tell that the elder was trying to keep his voice steady, but it was difficult for him.

"How bad is it?" JungKook really wanted to punch himself in the face for not having anything better to say. He was never good at expressing himself with words, especially when it came to painful situations like this.

"They don't think she is going to make it." JiMin said. "My dad's going to prison for stealing money to help pay for her medical bills." JiMin continued.

"What about your brother?" JungKook asked, knowing that was probably JiMin's main concern. He knew how much his hyung cared about his younger brother.

"There's no one at home to take care of him, so he's going to be put into foster care." JiMin started crying again. "If that happens, I won't be able to see him again for a very long time."

JungKook could feel his own heart sinking as he began to understand the amount of pain that JiMin must have been feeling. His mother was probably dying of cancer, his father was going to prison, and his younger brother was being taken away from him. JungKook did not know what to say. He felt there were no words that he could say to make this any less for JiMin than it already was. The only thing he could do was wrap his arms around his hyung and hold him close, reminding him that he was not alone. That he was never going to be alone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note || I came up with this plot to a request where JiMin was the one who was in pain...not really sure why this was first thing that came to my head when trying to come up with a good plot for that case....but I'm kind of? happy with the result. Um...Don't hate me. I'm no good at angst, so it probably ... huhuhu T__T

Also, I know that JiMin has a younger brother, but I have no idea how old he is. In the case of this story, he's a few years younger than JiMin, obviously.