I Gave Up Everything

I'm Yours (JiKook Drabble/One Shot Collection)

Story 5 || I Gave Up Everything

Words: 1734

____________________________________________________

JungKook took a deep breath as he walked into the kitchen. The family meal was served at the table and there sat both of his parents, along with his older brother. Since both of his parents worked all the time, and his brother even had a part time job, it was difficult to have a chance when the family was all together. If he didn't tell them now, he may not get another chance for who knows how long. His and HoSeok's one month anniversary was coming up, and he wanted his gift to be the fact that he had told his parents about them. His phone buzzed with a text message, but JungKook ignored it as he went to sit at the table. "Mom, dad...hyung." He said, grabbing his family member's attention. "I have something I need to tell you guys."

Everyone looked at JungKook. He wished they hadn't all looked so serious, but he knew that it was his fault. His serious and nervous tone had probably set the mood that they were all feeling right now. He was already uncomfortable saying this, knowing that his parents were strictly against homouality, and he had never really talked to his brother about it. "Honey, what is it?" JungKook's mother urged.

JungKook took another deep breath, and he could feel the tears coming to his eyes. He had to say this, but he knew that it was not likely to end well for him. "I..." JungKook said, trying to swallow his tears as the word came out of his mouth. "I have a boyfriend." His voice was shaky, but he was glad that he was able to get that out in one go.

JungKook just looked at his plate. He couldn't look at his family. He didn't want to see their expressions. He was afraid of what they might look like. No one said anything. There was just silence at the table for a few minutes, which killed JungKook. He wished that he could take his words back. Maybe now wasn't the best time to tell them. "I hope I misheard you." JungKook's father was the first one to speak.

JungKook shook his head. "I said I have a boyfriend." His voice was more shaky than the first time.

"You are gay?" His mother asked. The disgusted tone she emphasised the word 'gay' with struck JungKook in the heart like a silver bullet. She didn't have to say it like that.

JungKook shook his head again, looking up to see his families' faces. His mother looked rather shocked, his father angry, and his hyung...kind of neutral. Almost like he was expecting this to come eventually, but he wasn't saying anything. JungKook couldn't blame him. What could he say? "I didn't say that." JungKook started, but his father cut him off before he could explain further.

JungKook felt the strong grip of his father's arm as he pulled his son away from the kitchen table. The grip was so tight that JungKook was sure his arm was going to break. He tried to pull away for a moment, but that only made the pain worse. His father pulled JungKook to his room. "Dad!" He could hear the voice of his hyung just before the door to JungKook room had closed and locked behind them. JungKook was shoved to the floor as his dad started grabbing things and throwing them at JungKook. They weren't soft things, either. No. They were very hard objects like his controllers, camera, and laptop, all of which were probably broken now.

"I didn't raise you to be gay!" His father screamed as he continued to tear JungKook's room apart.

The younger didn't know how to react to his family's anger. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say. He just cried as his father continued abusing him. His father had never hit him before. Not once in his life has his father ever hit him. Why, now, did he suddenly think it was okay to beat him? "Learn to fight like a real man!" His father shouted, delivering a punch to JungKook's jaw, forcing his son to the ground.

With that, JungKook was left in the room alone, crying on the ground. "If you go in there, you'll be leaving, too." He heard his father say, and he assumed it was aimed at his brother. No one entered his room. No one came to apologize, and no one came to see if he was okay.

JungKook fidgeted to get his phone from his pocket, reminded that he received a text messge earlier. It was from HoSeok. "Kook, sorry. We're through. TaeTae and I are getting back together."

JungKook threw the phone away from him, clenching his teeth. Just a few seconds. He thought to himself. Just a few seconds earlier, and he could have avoided this whole mess. JungKook heard someone enter the room, but he didn't know that it was his father until he felt that strong grip on his arm again, lifting him off the ground. "You're mother and I discussed it, and we both think you need to leave." He said pushing JungKook out of the room. "You aren't taking any of your things because you don't deserve them. I'll need your phone."

"It's over there." JungKook spoke softly. With a broken jaw, it was painful to speak.

His father turned around to verify the location of the phone and allowed for JungKook to leave. JungKook wanted to say goodbye to his hyung, but his father blocked the way to the room. His only option was to leave the house, probably to never come back again.

...

Once outside, JungKook went to the only place he knew he could. That was his best friend, JiMin's house. JiMin was always JungKook's go-to if he ever needed anything. No matter what it was, JiMin would always be there for JungKook. JiMin was only a best friend to JungKook, but JiMin wanted to be so much more than that. JungKook wasn't guessing that JiMin was in love with him. JiMin had told JungKook on several occasions that he loved him and wanted to be with him forever. JungKook could enver return those feelings. JiMin always told JungKook that he didn't make sense. He never understood why JungKook would fall in love with people who treat him like . JungKook thought that JiMin was no different. JungKook hadn't exactly treated JiMin the best.

Just standing on the doorstep of JiMin's house made the younger feel safe. JiMin's family already knew that JiMin was gay, and they knew about JungKook, too. They were very accepting and loving. Nervous as to how they would react to seeing JungKook like this though, he took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. JiMin's mother was the one who answered the door. When she saw the condition of the boy, she instantly brought him into the house, pulling him into a protectice, mother bear hug. "JiMin!" She called for her son, knowing that's what JungKook needed right now. JiMin's mother was always a huge shipper of the two, and she wanted her son to marry JungKook. That's why she loved the kid so much.

JiMin rushed down the stairs and his mother pushed JungKook off on JiMin.

JiMin didn't ask any questions. He just grabbed JungKook's hand and brought him up the stairs. It wasn't just the fact that JungKook was battered that JiMin knew something was wrong. It was the fact that JungKook had shown up here instead of calling JiMin. Usually when JungKook was in trouble, he would call JiMin to his house. JiMin came to JungKook's house for any number of reasons. JiMin came when JungKook had big fights with his brother. JiMin came when there was a giant spider in the house, and JungKook was the only one home and wanted someone to take care of it for him. JiMin came to help JungKook find his missing Playstation controller. JiMin came for any number of reasons that JungKook could call him for, and he never asked for anything in return. He always said that being there for JungKook was the best reward the other could give him. JungKook couldn't understand that, but JiMin assured him that he would one day. He was just too young right now.

Once JiMin and JungKook were in JiMin's room, the elder closed the door and sat JungKook on the bed. He placed a gentle hand on JungKook's cheek, apologizing as the younger winced in pain. "Kook, what happened to you?" JiMin asked.

JungKook turned his head away, the tears filling up in his eyes again. He couldn't possibly tell JiMin what had happened. Not only was it slightly embarrassing, but he knew that the elder would be fairly angry. He knew he had to, though. "I told my parents about me and HoSeok." JungKook said, and JiMin stayed silent. "I told them..." Deep breath. "I told them because I wanted it to be a gift to HoSeok for our one month anniversary." Pause. JiMin was still silent. "I gave up everything, hyung." Tears. "My parents now hate me, and they don't want me staying in the house anymore. They wouldn't even let me gather my things before I left."

"He broke up with you, didn't he?" JiMin asked. He could see where this was going.

JungKook didn't say anything. He just nodded his head. After a few moments of silence between the two, JungKook looked at JiMin. "Hyung..." He said and JiMin turned his head to look at him. "Kiss me." JungKook said, leaning forward.

JiMin placed a hand on JungKook's lips, pushing the younger away. "What?" JungKook asked. "You always are trying to give me a kiss, but now that I want it, you don't want to?"

JiMin shook his head. "You don't want it." He stated simply. "You are weak. You are hurting. And you just want to be loved. Besides, if I kiss you right now, I'm just putting myself in the position to be your rebound. That's what you were to HoSeok, and look where it got you."

Instead, JiMin grabbed JungKook and pulled him into a hug. "I still want that kiss." JungKook said, burying his face in JiMin's chest.

"So do I." JiMin said, rubbing his friend's shoulder. "I'll remind you of it once your feeling better."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note || Hello, everyone! Here is my first attempt at JiKook angst...and angst in general. I'm not very good at hurting anyone in my stories, so I'm sorry it . huhuhu. m(_ _)m Also this one is a big longer....so I hope you like it? Enjoy! Don't hate me.

I'll do requests! So you if you have any specific plot you want to see, pleast let me know! Do you guys like fluffy stuff? Do you like angst? Let me know so I know what I should try to write more of!