Driving

I'm Yours (JiKook Drabble/One Shot Collection)

Story 11 || Driving

Word Count: 1445

__________________________________

"Here." JiMin said, tossing JungKook the keys to his car.

The younger one was lying on his bed, staring at his phone. He looked up when the keys landed on his bed next to him? "What's this?" JungKook asked, holding the item in his hands as he gave his hyung a curious look.

"They're keys." Was JiMin's simple and sarcastic reply.

JungKook rolled his eyes as he sat up, placing both of his feet on the floor. "No , hyung." He asserted.

JiMin shrugged. "You asked."

"I mean, why are you giving them to me?" JungKook questioned, giving a curious look to his hyung.

JiMin smiled and walked into the room. He grabbed on JungKook's hand and pulled him off the bed, out of the room, and out of the apartment. "You're learning to drive." JiMin said as he pulled JungKook onto the elevator with him, going down.

"What but I don't even have my license yet." JungKook protested.

"You have your permit. I have my license." JiMin explained. "You need to learn to drive so that you can get your license. You're an adult now."

The elevator reached the first floor, and the doors open. JungKook didn't even realize that JiMin was still holding his hand until he realized that he didn't have to grab it again to pull JungKook off the elevator. JungKook pulled his hand out of JiMin's grip, but they both continued walking. "Are you sure trust me enough?" JungKook asked as he walked to the driver's side of JiMin's car. "I'll probably kill us."

JiMin opened the door and motioned for JungKook to get in, too. Of course it felt strange sitting on the passenger's side of his own car, but it was worth it if it meant that JungKook was going to be able to drive. Eventually the kid would be getting his own car to drive. "You should feel honored." JiMin said as JungKook fastened his seatbelt.

Once his seatbelt was fastened, the younger froze. He looked at the steering wheel, realizing that this was reality. He was really, actually, about to drive a car. He got his permit a while ago, but he has never had any driving experience yet. He's never had a reason to. He never needed to go anywhere that he couldn't walk to, and, if he did, one of his hyung's would have to go anyway, so they usually were the ones driving. He was more afraid of driving JiMin's car than driving in general. He was worried that he would do something incredibly wrong and get the car ruined. He knew how much the car meant to JiMin. "We are inside the car," JiMin's voice snapped JungKook back into reality, and the younger had to hold back a sarcastic comment. "What is the first thing you do?"

"Scoot the seat back. Really, hyung, you are so small." JungKook said as he located the button that would allow him to adjust the position of the driver's seat.

To that, JiMin rolled his eyes, but he decided not to respond. He had forgotten about JungKook having to readjust everything for his height, which meant that the perfect positions that he had everything in was going to be ruined. "Now, start the car." JiMin said. "It's not going to go anywhere if you don't."

JungKook put the key in the ignition and turned the car on. Really, this was his first time coming even close to driving, so he really didn't know a lot about what he was doing. He basically just waited for JiMin's every command. He could already tell that this was a lot different than just reading the book, which is why JungKook was a hands on learner for almost everything. "Now we go?" JungKook asked.

"If you do, you'd be making a mistake." JiMin informed him. "Since we have a big difference in height, you should check your mirrors first, and always check your mirrors first when taking the actual exam."

JungKook adjusted the mirrors so that he would be able to see what was beind him. "Oh, and one more thing," JiMin spoke again. He pointed to each of the handles by the stearing wheel explaining what they were supposed to do. To talk about the trunk, hood, and blinkers, he had to lean across JungKook. The younger unconsciously held his breath as his hyung was so close to him. It obviously was not the first time that JiMin had been so close to him, but there was a different feeling when it was in a confined space like the car. JungKook didn't know why, but he could feel his heart beating a little faster. He wondered if JiMin could notice it. He felt a little more comfortable when JiMin leaned back into his own space and continued to explain the controls on the steering wheel, the hazards, and everything else you could think of. "Okay, hyung." JungKook said, getting tired of so much information being put into his head at once. "I get it." He then looked at JiMin with curious eyes as he realized he had no idea where they were going. "Where are we going?" JungKook asked.

JiMin leaned back in his seat with a smile on his face. "You'll see." That response wasn't good enough for JungKook, and it only made the younger one more curious. "Put the car in reverse, and back out of here."

JungKook did just as JiMin said. He slammed on the breaks when he realized that he was on the gas too hard, and the car zoomed out of the parking space. He put it back into park, and looked at JiMin, the elder laughing at him. "Don't laugh at me." JungKook whined. "Hyung, I can't do this." The younger attempted to unfasten his seatbelt so that he could switch places with JiMin, but JiMin stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"JungKook, it's okay." JiMin assured him, he was no longer laughing. His face had turned completely serious. "We all make mistakes our first time. I promise you, we are not going to die. Put the car in drive, and let's go."

JungKook, again, did just as JiMin told him. He put the car into drive, and turned out of the parking lot. Going onto the actual road was probably scariest part of it all, and knowing if he should start slowing down at the yellow lights or keep going. JiMin would let him know everytime, but even then, it was scary. Every mistake that JungKook made, JiMin reacted calmly. JungKook made every turn that JiMin told him to make, still having no idea where they were going. "Hyung, don't look at your phone while I'm driving." JungKook panicked as JiMin pulled out his phone. "I need you to pay attention to what I'm doing."

"Just a second, Kook. I need to tell someone something." He said and within a few seconds he slipped his phone back into his pocket. "Look, you're doing fine."

JungKook continued following JiMin's instructions until he was pulling into the parking of a nice resaurant. Suddenly JungKook's accelerated heart rate was coming back to him as he did an awful job parking. He turned the car off and looked at JiMin. "What are we doing here?" He didn't expect his voice to sound so small.

"Look at your phone." JiMin said.

Confused, JungKook pulled out his phone. He received a text message from JiMin. Why did JiMin text him if he was sitting right there. Couldn't he have just said it? He opened the text: "Will you be my boyfriend?" JungKook was a little shocked by the message. His face was tinted a light shade of pink, and he was too shy to look at JiMin.

"Well?" JiMin asked, tilting his head so he could properly look into JungKook eyes.

JungKook felt nervous. He was too nervous to respond, which didn't make any sense to him. JiMin was the one asking him out, so why was he the one feeling so nervous? Maybe JiMin hyung was feeling nervous too, but he was better at hiding it than JungKook was. JungKook couldn't find any words to say, so he just closed his eyes, leaned forward, and placed a kiss on JiMin's lips. "I take that as a yes?" JiMin asked and JungKook nodded. "I was going to have our first date be on the beach, but I figure the ocean's a bit too far away to have you drive right now." JiMin said as he got out of the car. JungKook followed him. "By the way, I'm driving home." He said, and JungKook gladly tossed the keys over.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Whew! I got that one done. Um, it's kind of long...so it's more like a one shot than a drabble...I guess this is sort of like a one shot/drabble collection rather than just a drabble collection. ALSO! I'm sorry. I realized once I finished writing this that the request was "driving instructor" and not "teaching JungKook to drive" huhuhu. I hope I did not diappoint. (^_^;) This one is full of fluffy love...I hope you like it!

Also, I want to thank everyone that subscribed. I know I've be a bit lazy to responding to most of the comments, but I'm going to get it! I swear! I love you guys. I already reached more than 30 subscribers, and that's amazing to me because the most I've ever gotten on anything was ... dare I say it... 1. So yeah! Thank you guys for your support! Because of you I am happy to keep writing these!

I did't have any homework to do or papers to write this weekend, so I was free to write some chapters, and some of these I've already had saved...um...I'll try to update often all the time...but please don't expect too much. I'm a university student~ and, like with everyone...my life gets busy. (I'm saying this because I have midterms coming up in a week.)

So! With that, I'm off! Enjoy and stuff! Bye!