The Accident

I'm Yours (JiKook Drabble/One Shot Collection)

Story 22 || The Accident

Word Count: 616

_______________________________

 

                “Mr. Jeon,” The nurse said as she entered the waiting room. “He’s ready to see you.”

                JungKook rose from his seat and followed the nurse into the ICU, his heart sinking in his chest when he saw how scared JiMin looked. Tears were in the elder’s eyes as he was strapped down. The doctor said it was so that he couldn’t move around a lot and cause himself more injury. “JiMin hyung,” JungKook’s voice was soft. Almost as if he were afraid that, if he spoke any louder, JiMin would shatter. “How are you feeling?” He mentally slapped himself in the face for asking that. Of course JiMin was feeling hurt, scared, and probably confused. JungKook imagines that everything happened so fast that JiMin didn’t have any time to register what was going on.

                “Tae-TaeHyung,” JiMin forced out his friend’s name, tears falling from his eyes. JungKook bit his lower lip, and tried not to cry with him. “JungKook, how is TaeHyung?” His voice sounded so scared and strained at the same time. JungKook wished that he could do something to make JiMin feel better. He would do anything if he could. He would turn the world back one hour if he could. “They won’t tell me anything.” He sobbed.

                JungKook looked at the nurse, hoping that she would give him some sign as to what he should say. If the doctors didn’t tell him what happened, they probably thought it was best to keep him in the dark for now. JungKook couldn’t lie to him, though. He couldn’t say that TaeHyung was okay and waiting to see him. He couldn’t say that TaeHyung was in a critical condition, but the doctors were doing everything they could to help him. None of that was true. The sad truth was that TaeHyung didn’t even last long enough to be admitted into the hospital. How was he supposed to tell JiMin that he’d never be seeing his best friend again? “JiMin,” JungKook said after a long stretch of silence. His voice was small, but loud enough for JiMin to hear him.

                “JungKook, please don’t lie to me.” JiMin pleaded, an expectant tone in his voice. It seemed that JiMin had some clue as to what had happened.

                The nurse nodded at JungKook before leaving from the room. JungKook took in a shaky breath as he sat in the stool next to JiMin’s bed. He really didn’t want to be the one to tell JiMin this, but he knew that the doctors would probably keep him in the dark as long as they could if he didn’t. JiMin needed to know. “TaeHyung hyung…” JungKook took in another shaky breath in attempt to compose himself. He couldn’t cry. JiMin was so weak right now. He needed JungKook to be his strength. “He didn’t make it.” JungKook told him honestly, regretting it as soon as he said it.

                JiMin’s whole body started tremble as more tears fell from his eyes, sobs escaping from his mouth. “This wasn’t supposed to happen.” JiMin said and kept repeating it.

                JungKook reached for JiMin’s hand, holding onto it gently. JiMin, on the other hand, wasn’t so gentle as he gripped JungKook’s hand almost desperately. “Kookie,” JiMin sobbed out the younger’s name. “Promise me you’ll stay.” He took in a shaky breath as he tried to calm himself down. “Please, don’t leave me.”

                “Don’t worry, hyung.” JungKook said, lightly squeezing JiMin’s hands with both of his now. He really wanted to hug the elder, but that wasn’t the best idea right now. He just wanted to hold JiMin close to him and tell him that everything was going to be okay. “I’m not going anywhere.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note || Several people requested angst, so here is angst. Um. I'm sorry if it's not good. This is written from a personal experience of mine, so I hope that it's not horrible. I hope that you guys like it. I don't really like writing angst much because most of the ideas that I come up with are something that I relate to somehow, which is probably why they are the things that come to mind. It's good, though. Writing gets personal sometimes. (^_^) I got one request to write a chapter involving cancer, which my co-author did in our VMin drabbles, but I'm not ready to write that quite yet...sorry. (^_^;)

Anyway, I'm sure the next one will be fluffy. Enjoy and stuff! Bye~