Don't Ask

The Transfers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you're okay with Mi Hi doing the solo with me instead?" Youngjae asked as we sat on my bed with textbooks scattered bewteen us. 

"Stop asking me that," I rolled my eyes. I picked up my calculator and typed a few things to check my answer and wrote it down on the piece of paper in front of me. 

"It's fine. I'm actually kind of relieved," I smiled.

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at me and tilted his head to the side. "How so?"

"I kind of don't like the attention," I sighed and set my pencil down. "You know how I get, I think it would be better if I stuck to playing the piano and making the music,"

Youngjae flipped the pages in his history book and scribbled down a few things while pulling out his highlighter. "You don't want to sing with me anymore?"

"Don't say it like that," I chuckled and shoved his shoulder lightly.

"We can still sing together when we're practicing, just not in public,"

He looked up at me with a concentrated expression before shrugging with a smile. "Alright, I guess I can live with that,"

I rolled my eyes and we went back to doing our homework for the next few hours as music played from my speakers across the room. 

 

"What else do you like?" I smiled up at Youngjae as we laid across my bed and my head rested on his chest. 

He thought about it for a minute before grabbing my hand and spreading my fingers in front of him. "I like your fingers, they're soft and they play so many instruments so well. They fit between mine, they're my anchor,"

He laced our fingers together and laid them down as he leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose. "I like your eyes, they're so secretive but they see everything. All your secrets lay in there just waiting to be figured out but they're so deep you just want to get lost in them,"

A light blush fluttered across my neck and up to my cheeks as he laughed and held me closer. 

"When you turn red I enjoy that too. It tells me how you're feeling, it gives me an idea to whether you like something or not. It's one of my favorite colors on you,"

Youngjae the side of my cheek just underneath my eye and nosed his way in my hair to take a deep smell. "Pineapples are my favorite, they're the only shampoo you use and it's the most comforting smell ever." 

My heart pounded underneath my chest and I wondered if he could feel the pressure of it between our bodies because of what he was doing to me. I felt my skin grow hot but couldn't tear myself away or pull apart the effect he had on me. 

It was a calming feeling.

It was a grounded feeling.

A feeling that we were somehow always supposed to be together. 

"A-Anything else?" I said quietly. 

He pulled back to look down at me and smiled lighty, his chocolate eyes drowning in mine and the moles spread across his features that I wanted connect the dots to and trace them forever.

"Maybe,"

He leaned down to kiss me and instinctively my eyes clamped shut as I felt his breath fan across my face, peppermint and cinnamon as I swallowed and was ready for the press of our lips.

"Unnie!"

Youngjae and I both recoiled from each other violently like we had been scalded with hot water and I pushed myself up into a sitting position, effectively putting space between us as he groaned and covered his eyes with his arm.

"Did I interrupt something?" she smiled slyly while leaning against the door frame.

"What do you want?" I glared at my little sister.

I should have locked the door the second we came up here, this wasn't the first time she had barged in on us or the second time even. "Umma says to take me to the store," she smiled cheekily.

"What? Why?"

"I need new school supplies, all my pencils are gone and I'm running out of paper,"

I ran a hand down my face and groaned while Youngjae had sat up and rubbed my back. "I need to get home anyway,"

I looked over at him and he gave me a slight smile while already moving off the bed. "No you don't,"

He looked over at my sister and then gave me a look that it was better if he did."It's alright, we can always hang out later and there's school,"

He grabbed his book bag and pulled it on over his shoulder before slipping his shoes on and grabbing his blazer as he leaned down to kiss the top of my forehead.

"Love you," he whispered.

I heard Hyosun gag behind me and chose to ignore her as I gave him a quick peck and murmured it back. He left after giving a wave to Hyosun and I heard the front door open and shut a few moments later before the start of a car engine.

"I hate you," I looked over at her.

Hyosun giggled and rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet in the doorway. "If I would have walked in here any later, you would have been getting the talk,"

My eyes widened to a ridiculous degree and I grabbed the pillow from beside me to fling at her as she ran from my sight.

"SHUT UP!"

¬

"Did we have to bring Mi Hi along too?" Hyosun whined back from the back seat as I drove us to the store. 

Mi Hi turned around in her seat and frowned at the eleven year old who continued to look out the window. "I thought you liked me?"

"We're using the word 'like' very loosely,"

"Yah!"

I couldn't help but chuckle and Hyosun giggled just as I pulled into the parking lot of the store and parked the car, shutting the engine off. "We'll wait here, you know what to get right?"

"Yes," she sighed loudly.

"Don'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter