The Grand Opening

Listen to Your Heart

 

[Ji Eun’s POV]

It’s been two weeks since the incident with Jaejoong and Yunho. During this time, we’ve both been avoiding each other. I didn’t hang out with the guys knowing all too well that Jaejoong would be there. Unfortunately, today would be the day that I have to talk to him. The press was still convinced that Jaejoong and I were dating and they were waiting for our arrival at the grand opening of the brand new Daehyun Goods Supermarket. I was in my closet looking for an outfit to wear which no thanks to my meddling big forehead oppa, Jaejoong is my date to the occasion.

(A/N: Ji Eun’s outfit: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/envy-look-contrast-collar-mock-two-piece-dress/info.html/pid.1023504443)

“Agasshi, Jaejoong-sshi is here.”

“Thanks, Sooyeon-sshi. I’ll be down in a minute.” I took a deep breath, and headed downstairs.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Ji Eun you look beautiful.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Thanks, Jaejoong. Listen you don’t have to-”

“Let‘s go, we don’t want to be late.” I nodded as he escorted me to his car.

The car ride was silent and extremely awkward. He didn’t bother to look at me once, nor did he talk to me. I opened my mouth to say something but a call came in and broke the silence.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Ne abeoji, we’re almost there. Ne, I am. Yes, I understand.”

He then handed me the phone, “My dad wants to speak to you.” I took the phone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Ji Eun-sshi, is my son treating you well?”

“Uhm…n-ne Mr. Kim, he is...”

“I don’t know what happened between you two but when you get here please smile for the cameras. They’re waiting for the arrival of Korea’s most sought out couple.”

“Yes Mr. Kim, I understand.”

“We’re here,” Jaejoong said. He turned off the engine and was about to open the door when I grabbed his arm and stopped him.

“Jaejoong, we need to talk.”

He sighed and nodded his head knowing that he could no longer ignore me.

“I don’t want to go out there until everything’s ok, until we’re ok. We both know that we’re ignoring each other because of what happened with you and Yunho oppa. I know you’re mad because I didn’t take your side and I’m sor-”

“No Ji Eun, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything, especially ignoring you. It was childish and stupid.”

“Yes, it was.” I jokingly said. “So, you’re not mad at me anymore? We’re good now?”

“Yeah we’re good. Now let’s go before they start to worry.” He laughed.

When we got out of the car we were greeted by flashing lights and countless questions. Jaejoong held onto my hand and I held onto his tightly, not wanting to separate from him. He smiled, reassuring me that everything will be ok.

Thanks to Yoochun oppa the grand opening was a success. Everyone praised him for his hard work and dedication, especially appa.

“Yoochun-ah, I’m so proud of you! The store looks awesome. Everything is well organized, and you’re staff is on top of everything. You’ve been working hard for the past months on this project which is why I’m happy to let you know that I’ve decided to give you complete control of the Daehyun Good’s branch.”

We all cheered. Yoochun oppa was absolutely shocked but couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear. He was speechless so I congratulated him.

“Oppa! You’re the head of the Daehyun Good’s branch now! Congrats!” I hugged him as tight as I could.

“Oppa!!! Does that mean we get free clothes now? Yeah?~” Haewon jokingly said as she joined in the hug.

“Oh my gosh me tooooo! I want to hug oppa too! Yoochun oppa~ congratulations~!!” Eun Mi also joined Haewon and I as we suffocated Yoochun oppa with lots of love.

He just stood there looking dumbfounded for a good five minutes until he finally spoke.

“Is this real life?” He said as he looked at appa.

We all laughed. Then my father spoke.

“Yoochun-ah, you deserve this. You know you’re more than a nephew to me, you’re like a son. Since your parents died when you were young, you’ve always worked hard. You worked hard to show me how grateful you are and I see that. I’ve always known your hearts intentions which is why I couldn’t be anymore happier to let you have a piece of the company.”

We let go of Yoochun oppa as he made his way to my father and they hugged. Everyone gathered around and were chatting amongst themselves.

I was standing next to Jaejoong watching everyone congratulate Yoochun and my dad on the successful grand opening. Jaejoong kept looking at me, he was puzzled. He looked like he wanted to say something. Before I know it, I’m being dragged to one of the aisles away from the celebrating crowd.

“J-Jaejoong, what are you doing?”

He sighed. “This is the only chance I’ll get…”

“What? What are you talking about?”

He took my hands, looked me in the eyes, and took a deep breath. “Ji Eun, will you go out with me?”

I stood there baffled. D-did I hear correctly? Did he just ask me out?

“Uhmm…”

“Well? Is that a yes?”

I just stared at him. He was sincere and his eyes looked hopeful yet worried about what my answer would be. That made him look so cute. I smiled.

“Yes Jaejoong, I’d love to go a on a date with you. But is it ok if we keep our date a secret?”

A huge smile was plastered all over his face as he hugged me and I could feel my cheeks burning up.

“Of course it is. Knowing our parents, they’d probably take this as a proposal.”

We both stared at each other and laughed. He hugged me tighter as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Little did we know someone was watching us all along.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here? Hmmm?” Yoochun oppa said as he raised an eyebrow and had a huge grin on his face like he just won the lottery.

“Oppa/Yoochun…it’s not-” we said in unison.

“Oh save it! I saw the entire thing! You two…are…finally together~! Waaah is today my birthday?!”

“Oppa, just pretend nothing happened, ok?”

“Yeah, you didn’t see OR hear anything. NO ONE is going on a date and we did NOT just hug. Chun-ah, listen to hyung!”

Wow. I scoffed and gave him a “Are you kidding me?” kind of look. Seriously, when has Yoochun oppa listened to “his hyung?” Jaejoong was obviously happy with himself so he just smiled back at me and put his arm around my waist. That made Yoochun oppa ecstatic. He started to flail his arms around aisle six and started shouting random nonsense about him completing some “mission.” *sigh* I think oppa has finally lost it.

Suddenly we hear appa speak from afar. “Ok you guys, lets close the store because it’s time to celebrate! Where do you guys want to go? Yoochun-ah, tonight’s your night!” appa says. We all cheer.

Yoochun oppa suddenly disappeared from our sight.

“Uncle, norebaaaang!!” Yoochun oppa yells. Everyone in the store agrees. Haewon and Eunmi jump up and down in excitement.

“Arasso, kaja! The limos are waiting outside.”

We made our to the front of the store where everyone was gathered. They were all waiting as four limos pulled up. Jaejoong held out his hand and I took it. We started walking towards his car.

“Where are you guys going?” our parents said in unison.

Yoochun oppa noticed our intertwined hands and smiled. Haewon and Eunmi noticed as well and they gasped.

“Unnie! Why are you holding Jaejoong oppa’s hand? The cameras are…gone?” Eunmi said as she looked around trying to see if there was any hidden paparazzi around.

“Eunmi-yah, it’s because they like each other~” Yoochun oppa said. He seemed way too happy. Seriously.

“It’s not like that!” We both tried to defend ourselves.

“Chincha? Then wae?” Yoochun oppa asked.

Jaejoong and I just glared at him.

“Because…umm…yah! Oppa, leave me alone!” I blushed.

Yoochun laughed and Haewon grinned. She kept giving me some weird look while she smiled.

“Aigoo, Yoochun-ah let them be.” Appa interrupted. Thank you daddy! <3

“Ne, uncle. Hey uncle, can I invite the guys to celebrate with us since I’ll be left alone?”

“Eh?”

“Yeah, because my best friend will be with my cousin all night long, if you know what I mean.” Yoochun oppa winked.

Jaejoong grinned and laughed with Yoochun oppa as I rolled my eyes at the two best friends.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello my wonderful readers~!! I hope you liked this chapter (I know I did) cuz Jae asked Ji Eun out!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Umm there are several things I wanted to say to you guys. First of all, I'm sorry for taking forever to update! :(( To reward you guys I'll be updating again TONIGHT! Woohoo~ Second, I'd like to let everyone know that Hyun Joong will be introduced a little later in the story like a few more chapters. Hye Ri, will be introduced soon, alongside Jessica! Third I'd like to thank my 29 lovely subscribers~! So, here it goes:

 

Thank you guys for reading~

Kia-Nature-Ra  

Shazzyx3 

shannyybx 

valley 

nikki_ 

cacacarmelalala  

bubblybubble 

 

bubblybubble  

_inRapture

_inRapture

 

Anda-Maria  

MusicMyLove 

Crystalls 

unforgiven_tim 

xyrelleashanti  

mrsherokimjaejoong 

krypteria  

amore_koko  

xtinamaria  

ilovekahi  

ashleyknguyen  

inLOVEwithKPOP  

samile  

Lovelyshine 

taemin_is_luv 

nadyra87 

ilovedramas17  

serenesmile  

Emerald_Lee  

3mzy1004  

xXsujuninjaxX  

 

Yay~ Thank you guys for reading my really long note~! As always, please subscribe and comments are loved <3

 _inRapture _inRapture _inRapture  _inRapture  bubblybubble bubblybubble bubblybubble bubblybubble