Misunderstandings, pt. 1

Listen to Your Heart

[Ji Eun’s POV]

 

I reached Trésor Caché Seoul and got out my car. I looked in the mirror one last time and I was ready for work.

(A/N: Ji Eun’s work outfit: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/orange-style-3-4-sleeve-satin-blouse/info.html/pid.1023051675)

 

I was hoping that I wasn’t going to run into my father. I called Sooyeon-sshi and she informed me that my father had left the office to take care of the international meeting held at Trésor Caché Seoul, the meeting that I had not attended.

 

“Hello, agasshi.” the staff greeted me as I walked in.

 

“Hello,” I said as I smiled.

 

I looked around, still no sign of my father or Sooyeon-sshi.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!”

 

I turned around, “Eun Mi? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the meeting? Is…appa here?”

 

“Unnie, you’re in sooooo much trouble! Appa said you HAD TO attend this meeting because we’re planning on going global! And appa said I don’t have to be in the meeting so I’m here trying to learn the hotel business with Manager Choi. You better hurry before you miss the entire meeting.”

 

“Aigoo, what would I do without my great dongsaeng! Komawo Eun Mi-yah.” (A/N: komawo= thanks)

 

I went to the conference room to find that the meeting was over. Aish, I’m so dead. I went inside and spotted my father. I was contemplating on whether or not I should say something when my father spoke.

 

“Are you going to stand there all day?”

 

“Uhm…uhh…a-anio appa.” I took a deep breath. “Appa, mianhe. I’m sorry for ditching my schedule.”

 

“Park Ji Eun, didn’t you know how important this meeting was? How YOU were supposed to show up being that YOU are Daehyun Group’s successor?”

 

“…….”

 

“Instead, I find out that you and the others have ditched your schedules to go off and play at Lotte World! These businessmen came to meet you, they wanted to know if this company would be a good investment and that you could be trusted. What do we do when they found out you skipped the meeting to go to an amusement park?”

 

“Appa…” I was feeling really guilty. I knew that this was a very important meeting and that this meeting was the key to advance Daehyun Group’s Trésor Caché hotel chain around Europe and North America.

 

“Is there something wrong because lately you’ve been very irresponsible. Make sure you go to your other schedules. If you don’t have anything else to say, then leave.”

 

My father was disappointed in me and I was disappointed in myself. He was right, I’ve been irresponsible. I’ve been ditching my schedules for the past week already, it’s time to get my head on straight and prepare to run Daehyun Group.

 

I bowed and headed for the door.

 

I’m going to fix this, I have to. Daehyun Group’s Trésor Caché chain WILL advance globally.

 

 

[Park Minwoo’s POV] (A/N: Ji Eun’s appa)

***at Daehyun Group’s main building, President and CEO Park Minwoo’s office***

 

Ji Eun-ah, don’t feel too bad. Aigoo, was I too hard on her? I knew in advance that she would sneak out to celebrate Seunghyun’s birthday. I informed the businessmen in advance that Ji Eun couldn’t attend the meeting. I yelled at her to remind her of her duties. I want her to be down-to-earth and not get clouded by all the privileges, the money or status.

 

*knock knock*

 

“Yes?”

 

“Mr. Park, you have Mr. Kim on line one”

 

“Thank you”

 

I sighed as I still felt guilty for being too harsh on my daughter.

 

“Ji Hwan-ah!”

 

“Hmm, let me guess. You just scolded Ji Eun and now you feel guilty, huh?”

 

“Of course. Aish, if she just became a housewife she would have all the free time in the world!”

 

“Well good news, we’re closer to our goal!”

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

“You haven’t heard yet? Yah, turn on your TV to the news!”

 

“Huh? Arasso.”

 

Daehyun Group’s successor Park Ji Eun and Taekyu Group’s successor Kim Jaejoong are dating! The two were reportedly spotted at Lotte World wearing matching outfits and sporting couple rings. The happy couple were there to celebrate one of YG Group’s heir Choi Seunghyun’s 23rd birthday. Photos of the happy couple have surfaced. We had the chance to interview the lucky few who got to see the couple.

Reporter: “Can you tell me what you saw?”

Witness #1: “Well they are definitely a couple that’s for sure. Jaejoong was holding onto Ji Eun the entire time.”

Witness #2: “Yeah, they were so lovey dovey! I saw them at the Smoothie Shop and they were hugging and everything! They couldn’t stop smiling at each other.”

Witness #3: “I was heartbroken when I saw Jaejoong hyung give Ji Eun a back hug at the Smoothie Shop. I wanted to give her a back hug. He’s a really lucky guy.”

 

 

“Ji Hwan-ah!! Our wish has finally come true!!”

 

“I know! Now we don’t have to force an arranged marriage with them! Minwoo-yah, let’s have lunch with the kids today! I want to know the details!”

 

“Arasso! Where are we going? The usual?”

 

“Ne, I’ll let Jaejoong know.”

 

“Arasso, see you guys soon.”

 

I hung up and called my daughter.

 

 

[Ji Eun’s POV]

 

I was back at my office at the Daehyun Group building. I already scheduled the interview with Money Magazine and had taken care of some paperwork at the office. Hmm, what do I do now? If I call now, maybe they haven’t left yet…

 

“Sooyeon-sshi!” I called my assistant.

 

“Ne agasshi?”

 

“I need the numbers for the businessmen from the international meeting. I need to get in touch with them before they leave.”

 

“Agasshi, you didn’t know? They are staying at Trésor Caché Seoul for the night. Your father wanted them to get a taste of their possible investment.”

 

“Chincha? That’s perfect. Sooyeon-sshi, please let them know I need to speak with them. I’ll be at Trésor Caché Seoul if you need me.”

 

“Ok, agasshi.”

 

I arrived at Trésor Caché Seoul in a matter of minutes. I smiled as I was greeted by the staff.

 

“Agasshi! You’re already here?” Manager Choi interrupted.

 

“Ne, I came here as fast as I could. Where are the businessmen?”

 

“Ne, I informed them. They are on their way down. Do you need anything else? Are you guys having lunch here?”

 

“Yeah, we’ll have lunch here at Daehyun’s Bistro since it’s convenient for them. Manager Choi is my sister still here?”

 

“Ok, and yes she is. She’s currently inspecting the hotel grounds for any inconsistencies, and she finished having a meeting with the staff about half an hour ago.”

 

I smiled widely. Ahh, my little sister is growing up so well.

 

“That’s great! Please make sure she eats lunch. Also, remind her that we have a charity event to go to a 2pm.”

 

“I understand, agasshi.”

 

It wasn’t long until the businessmen arrived. Manager Choi escorted us to Daehyun’s Bistro and left to find Eun Mi.

 

“Please have a seat.” I spoke in English and motioned them sit down.

 

“It’s a pleasure you meet you Miss Park.” the English businessman said.

 

“We’ve heard lots of good things about you. You look even more beautiful in person.” the French businessman said.

 

I smiled at them, “Thank you so much, it’s a pleasure to meet all of you. I am truly sorry for missing the meeting this morning.”

 

“It’s not a problem. You’re father had already informed us you couldn’t attend days ago. But thank you for making time to have lunch with us.” the American businessman said.

 

“I’m sorry? My father had told you guys ahead of time?”

 

“Yes, we got a call from your father a couple of days ago.”

 

“I understand it’s not easy to meet you, you are a very busy woman.”

 

“And I hear you’re quite famous here, I’ve seen you on the majority of the Korean magazines.”

 

I smiled and nodded as the businessmen kept talking.

 

*ring, ring*

 

I looked at my phone, and then to the businessmen.

 

“I’m terribly sorry, if you’ll excuse me I have to pick this up, it’s my father.”

 

I bowed and excused myself as the men nodded and continued to look at the menu.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Ji Eun-ah what are you doing? Let’s have lunch together!”

 

“Mianhe, appa. I’m kind of busy right now.”

 

“Working or are you with Jaejoong?”

 

“What? Jaejoong? Why would I be with Jaejoong?”

 

I heard my dad laughing on the other end. “Ok ok, no need to get so defensive.”

 

“Appa, I’m sorry for being so irresponsible this whole week…”

 

“Aigoo my eldest, don’t get too stressed out. I’m sorry for being so mean when I yelled at you.”

 

“Anio appa, thank you for yelling at me. I was being an idiot, I neglected my duties…”

 

“Ahhh, I am really blessed with such wonderful daughters! Ji Eun-ah, don’t forget to have lunch ok? And don’t overwork yourself too much.”

 

“Ne you too appa, don’t forget to eat lunch!”

 

I hung up and went back to the businessmen. Things were going well as we talked and ate lunch. Twenty minutes into lunch, my father, Mr. Kim, and Kim Jaejoong came into the restaurant.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter's kind of boring, huh? It's a bunch of business stuff! >_< Kekeke I promise the next one will be more interesting!! Comments are loved <3