Surprise, surprise

Listen to Your Heart

[Ji Eun’s POV]

“Appa, I’m not engaged to Jaejoong oppa!” I told my father for the 100th time.

“Ji Eun-ah I’m getting older, I need to see you get married and have children!”

“Appa why are you so dramatic? You’re not that old, you just turned 47. I’ll get married and have children in like 10 years max so please just wait a little longer.”

Appa looked appalled. “Ten years is a long time Ji Eun. I need a grandchild now!”

I just stared at him like he was crazy. “Sorry appa, that’s not going to happen.”

“But you’re at least dating him- Jaejoong, right?”

“I…uhm…we…it’s not…oh, I don’t know.”

“Huh? That doesn’t make any sense.”

“Let’s just drop this conversation, ok? If I’m engaged to Jaejoong oppa, then I’ll let you know appa. Promise.”

With that my father left feeling a bit disappointed.

Hopefully appa will stop bugging me about Jaejoong oppa. Little did I know my father was conjuring up a scheme with Mr. Kim, Jaejoong’s father. My dad should never be underestimated, I should’ve known he wasn’t going down without a fight.

 

A few days later…

 

 

“Unnie, you ready yet? Appa said to hurry up or we‘ll be late!” My little sister Eun Mi told me.

 

I was confused. “Eh? Why would we be late? We’re only going grocery shopping.” I told her.

Eun Mi just shrugged and left my room. I changed and was ready to go.

 

(A/N: Ji Eun’s outfit):

At Daehyun Goods supermarket…

 

My dad was pushing the cart. He kept looking around and then started to put random stuff in the cart. Was he looking for someone?

“Unnie, lets go get ice cream!!” Eun Mi said. I chuckled, “Arasso, lead the way dongsaeng!”

We stopped by to get some plastic spoons before heading to the frozen foods section. I then noticed someone staring at me. She then started to follow us. After a few minutes of walking, we finally reached the ice cream aisle, and I noticed that she was still staring at me.

“Eun Mi-ah, do I have something on my face?” I asked my little sister.

“Anio, you’re good unnie.” she replied.

“Thanks, so which one are you gonna get?” I said as I looked through all the different flavors.

“I want this one!~” she said as she picked up the Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream.

“That one’s yummy!~ And I’ll get this one!” I had picked up the Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.

We started to eat our very delicious ice cream. I looked around to see if that girl was still staring at me but she was gone. “Lets go find appa now,” I said. Eun Mi just nodded as she stuffed with a spoonful of ice cream.

 

[Park Minwoo’s POV] (A/N: Ji Eun’s appa)

Was I too obvious? I mindlessly started put random stuff in the cart. There were so many things I was keeping away from my daughters, especially my eldest, Ji Eun. Today is the day she’ll find out about her arranged marriage to Jaejoong. We had to do this, we agreed on it before the kids were born. It was a decision my best friend Ji Hwan and I made when we were in high school. We informed our companies and the press of the big change: that both companies will merge into one. All we needed to inform was our children. I was lost in thought until I crashed into someone.

“Yah! Look where your go- OMO! Minwoo-sshi?”

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going and…oh! Yejin, what are you doing here?”

“I was just shopping with my daughter. Did you come here alone?”

“Ani, I came with my children too but I don’t know where they are…”

Yejin laughed. She was so beautiful. I smiled at my girlfriend.

“I still have to meet your children, I don’t even know their names. Minwoo-sshi did you tell them yet? You know, about us…” she said to me.

“Not yet, Yejin-ah mianhe. It’s just not the right time and-” I was interrupted by a young woman about Ji Eun’s age.

“UMMA OMG GUESS WHO I JUST SAW?! She’s soooooo much prettier in person!! And guess whose on the cover of EVERY magazine?!?!” the young woman said.

“Hye Ri-ah, I’d like you to meet someone. This is Park Minwoo, the man I’ve been seeing for the past year.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, je ireum eun Kang Hye Ri imnida. (A/N: Hello, my name is Kang Hye Ri.) It’s nice to meet you, my mother talks about you all the time.” She smiled and turned to her mother, giving her a thumbs up. “Umma! He’s really handsome!!”

I laughed at Hye Ri as Yejin looked embarrassed.

“Kamsamnida, It’s very nice to meet you Hye Ri and your also very pretty, just like your mother.” I said and Hye Ri’s smile widened.

Hye Ri turned to her mother and said, “Oh my gosh I almost forgot! Umma! Guess who I saw!! And look at this magazine!”

“Arasso! Who did you see?” Yejin took the magazine from her daughter.

Oh no. The magazine had Ji Eun and Jaejoong on the cover with the word “Engaged!” in big, bold letters.

“I saw PARK JI EUN! She’s so beautiful AND she was with her little sister who was also really pretty! Ji Eun was wearing a really pretty outfit, she definitely looked like a model! AND she’s on the cover of every magazine AND she’s getting MARRIED!!”

I took the magazine from Yejin. “Breaking news! South Korea’s prince and princess of the conglomerate groups are getting married! This union will unite our nations top two companies into one!”

“Did you say this was on the cover of EVERY magazine? And when you ran into Ji Eun did you show her this magazine??” I looked at her hoping that she didn’t show Ji Eun.

“Ne, ALL the magazines covers are like this one. And I didn’t talk to Ji Eun. I didn’t have the courage to talk to her but she did look at me!”

“Minwoo-sshi, what’s wrong? It sounds like you know Miss Ji Eun.”

“Appa!! We’ve been looking all over for you! Oh and we got ice cream!” Ji Eun said.

I turned around as I heard my daughters calling me. I quickly tossed the magazine in the cart.

“Appa, do you want some?” Eun Mi said as she hugged me.

“Oh mianhe appa, were we interrupting you guys?” Ji Eun said while looking at Yejin and Hye Ri.

I was getting worried. If Ji Eun finds out that I’ve been dating she’s going to be upset and when she finds out that she’s getting married she’s going to be VERY angry.

“Anio, you girls weren’t interrupting anything. Yejin, Hye Ri, these are my lovely daughters Ji Eun, and Eun Mi.” I said as my daughters bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, je ireum eun Park Ji Eun imnida. It’s nice to meet you both.” Ji Eun smiled at them and then looked at me.

“Annyeonghaseyo, je ireum eun Park Eun Mi imnida.” Eun Mi smiled at them.

“There you are! Minwoo-yah, why aren’t you answering your phone? Have you seen the news?! They’re too early! We haven’t even told-” I quickly shushed Ji Hwan.

“YAH! Are you crazy?” I said.

“Omo, who is this? Minwoo-yah, is this who I think it is?”

“Aish! Kim Ji Hwan you-”

“Abeoji, why can’t I have my phone back? I didn’t even do anything. You know lately you’ve been really weird, oh- annyeonghaseyo.” Jaejoong then bowed to everyone.

Ji Eun kept eyeing me suspiciously and then talked to Jaejoong, “Oppa you got your phone taken away too? Were you also forced to come here?”

“Yeah, my dad threatened to disown me if I didn’t go grocery shopping with them. They’re so weird.”

Then they both looked at us. Ji Eun’s gaze fell upon the magazine. She quickly took it and gasped.

“APPA!!!! How could you?” Ji Eun was angry indeed.

Eun Mi took the magazine to see why her sister was so upset. I grabbed Ji Eun and Ji Hwan grabbed Jaejoong. Shin Hye (A/N: Jaejoong’s mom) was with Eun Mi, explaining to her what was going on. Yejin and Hye Ri was confused and just stood there. We took our children and tried to explain.

“So when were you planning on telling me?! Didn’t I make it absolutely clear that I’m not getting married anytime soon?” Ji Eun looked betrayed.

“Wait, what’s going on?” Jaejoong said.

Ji Hwan and I both sighed. “We were planning on telling you guys during dinner but since it’s all over the news…” Ji Hwan cautiously stated.

“You two are getting married. Ji Eun, honey I‘m sorry but-” I looked at my daughter hoping she’d understand.

“Wait, WHAT?! WE’RE…GETTING MARRIED?!” Jaejoong said.

“We’ll talk about this at dinner. Since everyone knows now, you guys have to act like a happy couple in love.” Ji Hwan said to the kids.

“Shiro.” They both said while looking at us.

“Kim Jaejoong.”

“Ji Eun, please.”

They both looked at us and then each other. Jaejoong gave Ji Eun a reassuring smile before he put his arm over Ji Eun’s shoulder and Ji Eun put her arm around Jaejoong’s waist.

“Come on Minwoo-yah, let’s go pay for our stuff and head out!” Ji Hwan was completely ecstatic.

We went back and everyone was shocked. Everyone was talking about how cute the couple were, and they were congratulating them.

“Congratulations! You guys are perfect together!” some elderly woman said.

“You guys are going to have beautiful babies!” another said.

“Aish, what a lucky guy, Park Ji Eun will be his wife!” an envious male said.

Jaejoong chuckled, “I’m definitely a lucky guy indeed, my fiancée is drop dead gorgeous!” He smiled to Ji Eun before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Ji Eun smiled back, “Awe thanks oppa.”

“Minwoo-sshi, I see you’re busy so we’ll just get going.” Yejin said to me.

“Ok, I’ll call yo-”

“Would you like to join us for dinner?” Ji Eun said to Yejin.

“Oh…uh…I don’t want to intrude…”

“Anio, we’d like you to come. And you can bring your daughter as well. That’s ok right, appa?”

“Uhmm…uhhh…yes, please do.”

“Ok so that’s settled.” Ji Eun cheerfully said but I know she’s up to something.

“If you guys don’t mind we’re gonna head out first…” Jaejoong informed us.

“Eun Mi-yah, do you want come with us?” Ji Eun asked her sister.

“Anio, I’ll let the lovely couple have their alone time.” Eun Mi winked at Ji Eun.

They both laughed, “komawo Eun Mi-yah, we’ll see you guys at dinner.” They both said then left.

 

[Ji Eun’s POV]

Back in Jaejoong’s car…

“Oppa, do we really have to get married? I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to but-”

“Baby, I know. We’re both too young to get married and we just started dating.”

“Everything’s happening so fast…if only there’s a way to get out of this…” I looked at Jaejoong oppa and he smiled back at me.

“Babe, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

I smiled back. I hope this works.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG THE LOOOONGEST CHAPTER EVER!! Should I make this 2 chapters?? I'm so sorry for making you guys suffer! LOL! Well so many things happened! NEW CHARACTERS~ yay! But no Yoochun or Yunho in this chapter. D: Oh and please excuse any typos or grammatical errors (I did this at 3am right after I studied all day =.=) and I felt bad for not updating yet. The chapter turned out a lot longer than I expected but I hope you guys like it! Hehe, as always comments and subscriptions are loved <3

 

Btw, I just want thank you guys for commenting. Your comments always make me laugh and encourage me to write more~ ^^

 

Ok, I'm going to bed! Goodnight (technically morning? lol). Hopefully I can update again when I wake up~! :D