Part 7

it was YOU all along...

~TWEET~

The whistle blew and class began. Sensei Shim called roll and made everyone sat down.

“Alright now you spineless wimps. Let’s see what you’ve learned these past few weeks. Class will begin with a match. Who are my volunteers?" Seung Ho raised his hand.

“I will Sensei.”

“Ah… Seung Ho, my number one student. Who else? Hmm… How about Ji Yeon” Ji Yeon shook her head so hard that her hair fell out of her ponytail. Seung Ho rolled his eyes.

“Not today Sensei. How about Si Yoon?”

“Si Yoon?” Sensei Shim looked at Si Yoon.

“Are you the new boy Yoon Si Yoon?”

“Yes Sensei,” answered Si Yoon.

Sensei Shim rubbed his chin. “Hmm… I don’t know Seung Ho. It might not be fair for Si Yoon to fight against an advanced student like you.” Si Yoon stood up.

“It’s okay. I learned Tae Kwon Doe back at my old school too.”

“Really?” asked Sensei Shim.

“Then this should be a good match. Alright everybody. In your places.”

Si Yoon and Seung Ho got in their fighting stances.

*I’m going to wipe that smile off your face,* thought Si Yoon.

*You’re going down punk,* Seung Ho thought back.

“Fight!” Seung Ho moved forward.

*I’m going to punch him so hard...* but before he knew it, he had fallen down on his back. He was surprised.

“How? What?” Si Yoon had sweep-kicked him and made Seung Ho fall.

“Winner Yoon Si Yoon!”

“Yay!” shouted Ji Yeon. She ran up and hugged Si Yoon.

“You were great! You took him down in less than five seconds!”

“Wait a second!” yelled Seung Ho.

“There are three rounds in a match. It ain’t over yet!”

“Oh yeah,” said the Sensei.

“Hold on everyone. We have two more rounds left.”

Seung Ho looked over at where Ji Yeon was sitting. She was massaging Si Yoon’s shoulders. He opened his mouth in shock.

*That traitor!* he thought to himself.

*She’s on the enemy’s side!* Images of choking Ji Yeon in his mind was interrupted by Ki Bum calling him.

“Hey Seung Ho.”

“What is it Ki Bum?”

“The new guy Si Yoon is pretty good but by the way he fights, I know you can beat him. Just don’t underestimate him and don’t let your guard down. You can win.” Seung Ho slapped Ki Bum on the back.

“Thanks hyung. I was kind of spacing out there.” Ki Bum nodded indicating that he understood.

*You’ll see that I’m the better guy Ji Yeon,* Seung Ho tried to tell her mentally.

“You were great Si Yoon oppa!” Ji Yeon said excitedly.

“Thanks. Umm… Ji Yeon?”

“Yeah?”

“You sure Seung Ho is the best fighter here? He didn’t seem to last very long.” Ji Yeon nodded her head.

“He is the best fighter here. I think he didn’t last long because you’re so much better than him."

“Maybe,” said Si Yoon with doubt.

---> to be continued...