Part 2

it was YOU all along...

*Huh? What just happened here?* Ji Yeon thought.

“Aye! I’ll never understand boys!” she screamed out loud. She was watching Seung Ho as he ran into the house next door.

“What don’t you understand sweetie?” her grandpa asked as he came out the front porch to look for her.

“Oh nothing grampie.”

“Come here.” He waved for Ji Yeon to come sit with him on the porch swing. She walked over to him and sat on his lap.

“Yes grampie?”

“Do you like it here?” She nodded her head.

“Ah huh. I get to be with you all the time but I’m still mad at mommy and daddy for leaving me.” She frowned and crossed her arms.

Her grandpa let out a little laugh. “Silly girl, your parents are geologists. They have to travel around the world. They can’t take you with them because you have school. Besides they’ll send you presents.”

Ji Yeon’s eyes got wide. “Presents? A lot?”

“Yes.”

She clapped her hands. “Yay!”

----------------------------------------------

Back at home, Seung Ho buried his face into his pillow and cried. Then he heard a knock on his door.

“Seung Ho?” Seung Ho quickly wiped his nose on his sleeve.

“Yes? Come in.” Then his mother came in.

“What’s wrong honey? Why are you crying?” He shook his head.

“Oh it’s nothing mommy.” His mom looked around his room.

“Where are your friends?” Seung Ho tried his best not to cry.

“They…. They went home.” His Mom hugged him.

“Oh, you’re sad that they had to go home so early?” Seung Ho held onto his mom tighter and didn’t answer. His mom thought for a while.

“Hey I know. A new family just moved in next door. An old man and a little girl. You can go play with her. Do you want to?”

“Okay mommy.”

---> to be continued...